Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Computer problems. Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
Computer problems. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
Computer problems. Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Computer problems. Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Computer problems. Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Computer problems. Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Computer problems. Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Computer problems. Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Computer problems. Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Computer problems. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Computer problems. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Computer problems. Vote_lcapComputer problems. Voting_barComputer problems. Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Computer problems. Vote_lcapComputer problems. Voting_barComputer problems. Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Computer problems. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Computer problems. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Computer problems.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 1:35 am

Had my old computer hacked. Everythingblacked out. Lenova system. Wife found the manual. One key recovery., Lose everything but takes you to basic upload. Worked! However, have to reconfigure it. Windows etc,. But as slow as this one. Time out errors. Finally called the company. Automated message. "Due to the weather situation Sattelite and land line users are experiencing problems. We will be up and running soon as possible." So after 3 days still waiting but at least the computers are fine! Patience is a virtue I do not have. But have to live with the situation.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 10:32 am

Use same here Hal, slow and unreliable, and Mc Fee is a pest, comes up often saying you are not protected, when you go through all the rigmarole of telling them they just say, you are already covered, not to mention having to deal with adverts popping up every couple of minutes.

I know nothing about new technology, abacus is my limit, but it is frustrating, just changing to Sky provider, anything will be an improvement.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 2:55 pm

sympathise with ya hal ...our pc is down and out and the dinasour i am currently using is soooooo sloooooow Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 11:16 pm

oldstrain wrote:
sympathise with ya hal ...our pc is down and out and the dinasour i am currently using is soooooo sloooooow Rolling Eyes
Have a fiasco Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes here O/S Smile Smile in motion as I speak etc. Internet old copper wire type system bounce bounce all now being forced onto a modern day type fibre system, which is costing millions if not billions Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad to install & most don't want it, because its far worse on average than actually what we have now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm

4g and 5g where will it all end eh Rolling Eyes mans downfall ,never happy with his lot eh
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 11:16 pm

oldstrain wrote:
4g and 5g where will it all end eh Rolling Eyes mans downfall ,never happy with his lot eh
Like sun screen etc O/S Wink Wink I suggest bounce bounce always on the upward trend to catch the unwary types & just reel in the dollars as such  Smile  Smile for those selling it. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 am

When I got the BT hub and set up they said it was the fastest, few weeks later offered a faster one, got that and since constantly pestered with offers of better ones.

So decided on Sky, got all the set up and asked son to sort it out, would not work, received letter saying will not work till 18th Jan.

He had to re set the BT lot.

Wish we could go back to carrier pigeons, far more reliable.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 12:18 am

MISTY wrote:
When I got the BT hub and set up they said it was the fastest, few weeks later offered a faster one, got that and since constantly pestered with offers of better ones.

So decided on Sky, got all the set up and asked son to sort it out, would not work, received letter saying will not work till 18th Jan.

He had to re set the BT lot.

Wish we could go back to carrier pigeons, far more reliable.

Regards.  
Have a block (like many) on all nuisance type calls here etc Misty Smile Smile Some how thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes every day I get strange tone/voice people ringing me bounce bounce telling me they require my banking details as such or they will cut off my internet service immediately. Strange thing is lol! lol! lol! same type people also ring me every 2nd day with a super gas deal & one I should not miss out on type of thing or I will be sorry & I've been all electric since I first built my house here. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Still extremely slow. The one sattelite that sends signals to the newer modems is down. Yes, have the newer modem!
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 1:35 am

Satellite was restored. Still got nothing. Called the provider. Said all was good on my end. Dish getting the signals etc,. Full power. Askrd about how it was plugged in etc,. Told him new power bar etc,. He told me disconnect all other items plugged in to power bar. Each item drains power. IT WORKED! Something so simple!!!!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 1:48 am

halcanada80 wrote:
Satellite was restored. Still got nothing. Called the provider. Said all was good on my end. Dish getting the signals etc,. Full power. Askrd about how it was plugged in etc,. Told him new power bar etc,. He told me disconnect all other items plugged in to power bar. Each item drains power. IT WORKED! Something so simple!!!!
Could be in trouble here Hal Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in a computer sense etc Smile Smile shortly. Flashing red light bounce bounce I'm affraid telling me, I must upgrade to windows 10 from my old 7 as I speak or my whole system will crash. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 3:05 pm

Go to settings and update/ recovery and update it. Have mine set for automatic,
Only problem now have to go out and clean snow off dish.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 12:58 am

halcanada80 wrote:
Go to settings and update/ recovery and update it. Have mine set for automatic,
Only problem now have to go out and clean snow off dish.
Ok Smile Smile But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! I also just keep getting another news flash moment here every day etc Hal Wink Wink that tell's me Smile Smile my windows 7 bounce bounce has a illegal side attached some how lol! lol! lol! so not quite sure if what you suggest would work as such Smile Smile. Final note  Wink  Wink all computer parts bought in good faith by me  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes but in the end I got totally shafted some what one could say  Wink  Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 3:12 pm

Could be a scammer trying to sell you something. Or hack the system.
Only time Windows messages me is to notify me of updates.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Sky system now up and working OK.

Problem is there are adverts having to get rid of every few minutes.

Supposed to be banned on the programme.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 1:30 am

MISTY wrote:
Sky system now up and working OK.

Problem is there are adverts having to get rid of every few minutes.

Supposed to be banned on the programme.

Regards.
Sounds like my phone etc here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Some one Wink Wink always has a bargain on offer as such & lol!lol! lol! all that is required is my or my close family's bank details to receive it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 7:45 am

Reminds me Knackered when a very decent person in Africa said he had heard I was Christian and would not abuse the money he was prepared to send to me to be used for a certain world wide charity.

From Africa of all places,

All I had to do was send £500 to cover costs and he would transfer all the money, while ago now, cannot remember exact amounts and details.

So I said I would be delighted to receive the money, just deduct the £500 from the amount and send a cheque for the rest.

Wife would not believe it.

Still waiting for cheque.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 1:18 am

MISTY wrote:
Reminds me Knackered when  a very decent person in Africa said he had heard I was Christian and would not abuse the money he was prepared to send to me to be used for a certain world  wide charity.

From Africa of all places,

All I had to do was send  £500 to  cover costs and he would transfer all the money, while  ago now, cannot remember exact amounts and details.

So I said I would be delighted to receive the money, just deduct the £500 from the amount and send a cheque for the rest.

Wife would not believe it.

Still waiting for cheque.

lol! lol! lol! Amazing that etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as I suspect I've met him Misty Wink Wink would you believe down here, when I get notified  continually of a large lotto prize from that area, because I'm the only known benefactor left with my relations living there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & like you lol! lol! lol! first one must send a small cheque there way by email with all banking details to cover their first hand living costs to then become an instant millionaire type Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. Empty

Back to top Go down

Computer problems.
Page 1 of 1