Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
RPRA Update  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:13 am

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
RPRA Update  Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
RPRA Update  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
RPRA Update  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
RPRA Update  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
RPRA Update  Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
RPRA Update  Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
RPRA Update  Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
RPRA Update  Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA Update  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 72 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA Update  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
RPRA Update  Vote_lcapRPRA Update  Voting_barRPRA Update  Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222390 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA Update  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA Update  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA Update

Go down 
+4
Knackered
Boosey
markevans
David
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 12:19 pm

ROYAL PIGEON RACING ASSOCIATION
COVID-19
RACING CONTINGENCY – RACE PROGRAMMES

The following document is applicable to those organisations that organise racing and will hopefully assist in ensuring a smooth transition towards facilitating racing if and when restrictions are lifted.
Under the rules of the association race programmes are required by 1st March 2020 – rule 129. This provides RPRA staff with sufficient time to collate race programmes, book sites and also meet the General license requirements for gatherings (the law).
Taking into consideration these requirements and the uncertainties relating to when racing will commence, organisations are encouraged to develop race programme contingencies.
Race programmes should initially be formed on the assumption that current Government restrictions will be relaxed by 7th May which will allow members to commence training their pigeons. This will hopefully mean that a realistic start to racing would be 23rd May – or later if the organisation considers necessary. This will also provide sufficient lead in time to allow the RPRA to meet the requirements stated above.
Organisations should form two race programmes. One based on Continental racing being permitted and one based on no continental racing.
While the current restrictions are in place organisations will not be able to meet to discuss and develop race programmes. Therefore organisations should adopt a different approach; online meeting tools such as ‘Zoom’, email or telephone.
As stated this is based on a major assumption regarding how and when restrictions will be lifted and it maybe that this assumption turns out to be rather optimistic. This document/guidance will therefore be amended and circulated periodically to reflect the current position.
We need to be in a position to react quickly and ensure racing starts as soon as possible.
Therefore, we will require all contingency/amended race programmes at least 21 days before the first race.
The attached document should be completed and returned via post to The Reddings. However given the current delays to some Royal Mail services it is advisable to send the documents via email to racingsupport@rpra.org for inland race programmes and continentalracing@rpra.org for continental race programmes.
Drivers and Convoyers
In addition it is assumed that the restrictions relating to over 70s and people with underlying health conditions will remain in place beyond the start date of racing. Therefore organisations will have to put in place contingency plans.
Under no circumstances should individuals that fall within the ‘at risk’ category and who are restricted by Government be allowed to take part in the transportation of pigeons to the liberation site.
Consideration should also be given to the possibility that Government restrictions may also mean that more than one person from different households cannot travel in the same vehicle.
A further document outlining protocols at marking stations etc. and based on the predicted relaxation to restriction measures, is currently being reviewed and will be published asap.

Julia
Julia Field
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Don't no if anything will come out of this might just be all speculation but it seams one or two ate getting excited about what's been written
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 8:06 pm

read on internet, some are more concerned about racing pigeons than protecting them selves and family against this virus, its hardly the end of the world if theres no racing for a season .........they need to get a grip .
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 8:33 pm

Totally agree their dave racing would be good but its on t the end of the world or is it
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 10:29 pm

I think they’re being wildly optimistic with their dates.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 5:43 am

markevans wrote:
Totally agree their dave racing would be good but its on t the end of the world or is it
Smile Smile For some it would be Mark Smile Smile it appears Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Rome burns all around them etc & the most important issue is racing pigeons apparently. cheers & Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad my screen here, now is 1 hand by 1 hand as I post etc. Have a strange type feeling thou lol! lol! lol! Rog is playing tricks on me some how Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 9:54 am

seen a few ideas knocking about but rpra say not to get too excited it dont mean we can start training its just a guide so they can book the sites for liberation thats all ,these dates mean nowt regards training our birds ,as it is nothing has changed ,think it lucky extremely lucky if we get any racing at all ...i am more up-beat for some one loft racing and at least some training with our club ,cant see us racing as our club is strictly t3 and rubbers and manual clocks will make distancing difficult ,if we get the nod to race then will have to get our thinking caps on but most important is family and freinds health before any pigeon race
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Had a scare with daughter in law, who works with those with drug and mental health problems.

She had virus symptoms and had to go home, she lives near us and is a few minutes away from our hospital but had to go to York hospital for a test an hours run away.

Good news just come through she has not got the virus.

Agree racing is not the most important thing at the moment.

However, it would make a nice break from the doom and gloom, but when you take the numbers involved it is insignificant in the general run of things.

Think the most important thing is to protect those putting their life in danger for others protection.

The less cases the better this can be done if people abide by the rules and lifting restrictions before sensible will not do so.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Just read that Trump has proof the virus escaped from a Chinese Lab, what were they intending doing with it in the first place ?.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 4:34 pm

biological warfare misty, as i said weeks ago, man made ...........if it did originate from china we will never know, but it is man made to reduce the population .
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 5:25 pm

My wife agrees with you David. However, as long as I do not get it I do not really care. Trump says stupid things at times. I beleive he will get re-elected. He did initially dismiss the virus. Unfortunately he did not drink bleach...
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 5:26 pm

A month ago I felt there wasn't a hope in hell of any racing in UK this year, now I'm starting to think 2 or 3 old bird races and a shorter YB season starting later might happen.

As for the virus itself my thoughts it was derived from people eating wild animals that eat other live creatures, the Wuhan virus institution probably been researching this and it's been carried out of the facility by staff based there unaware of the carnage to follow.

I'm sticking to eating animals that only eat grass!
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 7:16 pm

Interesting Hal.

Who knows who is telling the truth now a days ?.

Politics has always been a hot bed of liars and sometimes thieves.

Just wonder what the outcome will be short term (because I see no long term future if left to mankind} if it is proven beyond doubt that the virus was let loose on purpose, knowing what the effect could be ?.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptySat May 02, 2020 4:17 pm

The Essex central Fed gave us our race programme yesterday, 1st race 23rd May. Razz
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptySat May 02, 2020 4:38 pm

Boosey wrote:
The Essex central Fed gave us our race programme yesterday, 1st race 23rd May. Razz

3 week off then boosey, sounds positive news .....maybe racing will go ahead after all .
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptySat May 02, 2020 8:23 pm

Out of the 8 members in my club, I will be the only one allowed out at that time
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptySun May 03, 2020 10:46 am

Boosey wrote:

i see where ya got the date now david ...cant see this happening for a 23rd may start
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  EmptySun May 03, 2020 10:54 am

i got a text message darren, one ian evans sent out to clubs / feds etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RPRA Update  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPRA Update    RPRA Update  Empty