Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:25 am

» Weather today
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Disease transmission from parents to chicks 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Disease transmission from parents to chicks Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Vote_lcapDisease transmission from parents to chicks Voting_barDisease transmission from parents to chicks Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Vote_lcapDisease transmission from parents to chicks Voting_barDisease transmission from parents to chicks Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222734 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Disease transmission from parents to chicks Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Disease transmission from parents to chicks

Go down 
+2
Daz
tanveerhbaig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

Disease transmission from parents to chicks Empty
PostSubject: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi,
we know that pigeon face many diseases during his life. We care and cure for its best health.

I am aware that if canker not treated well, it can transmit to offspring, paratyphoid is another example.there may be more but I am not aware about those who transmit from parents.

Now questions is about offspring, if parents are infected or suffered from such disease , Does it always transmit from parents ? or if treatment made, so how long one should wait to re pair them ? or they no longer can use for breeding..

One thing that I have observed, if chick got ill, he never performed well in race and usually lost.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Of course. likewise, immunity are also passed on. This is a reason - sadly avoided with the splashing out of drugs etc, Which have proven long term to be useless.
Best to gain an immunity by letting them, youngsters and old birds alike get a small dose and get over it. The remedy is simple, the youngster born after with be protected.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 12:15 am

Long advocated that the only way to have healthy pigeons is by improving the immune system over a prolonged period, no short term alternative, the longer you have the survival of the natural fittest, in the long term the healthier they will be, and not need artificial means.

The rot set in when we adopted continental pigeons that had already lost their natural immunity and needed constant medication.

Then many fanciers thought, and some still do, that medication and all kinds of fancy products is the answer, and it has been to make the vast majority of our feathered friends drug dependant.

There is no short term means of changing matters, if fanciers stopped all treatment of the pigeons very few would survive for long.

Nature dictates what is best for all animals not man.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 1:26 pm

I well remember Stan / Jim Biss saying when Buying new stock.
- I think, though a successful fancier before moving to the East side, (Norwich) he had Stan ... gosh had his name a second ago lol. I'm getting more senile by the minute lol
any way he stated Constitution is all important and the first thing he took on board.
Stan also went the width and breadth of the U.K. to buy birds. I feel/believe only proven distance/hard day birds were only ever bought.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 1:40 am

Daz wrote:
I well remember Stan / Jim Biss saying when Buying new stock.
- I think, though a successful fancier before moving to the East side, (Norwich) he had Stan ... gosh had his name a second ago lol. I'm getting more senile by the minute lol
any way he stated Constitution is all important and the first thing he took on board.
Stan also went the width and breadth of the U.K. to buy birds. I feel/believe only proven distance/hard day birds were only ever bought.

Remember Biss etc Daz Smile Smile had big problems with mosquitoes in his lofts apparently when he shifted to his last little shack lol! lol! lol!. Typical Very Happy Very Happy for what I remember bounce bounce of a down & out pigeon bum type etc  lol!  lol!  lol! who would be turning in his grave in despair I suggest with all the blow home sprint type pigeons around today, compared to how he went about doing things for the enjoyment factor in his own way in his distance races. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 11:56 am

Stan Hall travelled the length and breadth for, and with Jim.
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 5:50 pm

Daz wrote:
Stan Hall travelled the length and breadth for, and with Jim.
Yes. But racing pigeons and winning creates prestige, good feelings sometimes cash. No matter the weather, distance or route. Not winning and getting birds back either in race time or weeks later also creates the same feelings in many people.
Each to their own.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 6:06 pm

well i have plenty thoughts on the matter and would take an age to post but for me its good naturally sourced products ie oregano,cinammon and organic acids and some other various herbs given on a regular basis and you wont get these sort of problems ,mind you any weak ybs are taken out the team thats not tolerated any breeders breeding weaklings are also taken out the breeding section ,i would treat a race bird but repeat offenders are taken out the team ,sometimes things can be picked up in the basket but have found the natural products keep things tickety boo (all ok) at my loft Smile atb
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Just as fyi

my friend in Australia contacted Dr.Colin Walker. He told that if disease penetrated to DNA , it can get transmit to offspring . but this don't happen all the time and can only be confirm after required tests
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 1:32 pm

dr colin walker eh lol! lol! lol! .... clown would be my assessment but hey dont let his product line get in the way of some good advice here tanveer Wink theres a aussie  alien here who could tell you a thing or 2 about the doctor alright lol! funny how he breeds so many ybs maybe its all down to the losses one encounters eh ,i just wonder if the losses are down to over medicating and supporting weak pigeons that get found out in the race basket ...i hear he breeds in excess of 200 ybs now why would a pigeon vet do that i just wonder with all his knowledge about pigeon health Suspect what with the overcrowding scenario Basketball either way tanveer i have found best not to take to much notice of someones opinions when they have a vested interest in the matter being discussed if you get my drift pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 1:43 pm

thank you Darren . I don't want to breed bulk Razz Razz Razz
Just trying to learn and evaluate on race ground Smile

oldstrain wrote:
dr colin walker eh lol! lol! lol! .... clown would be my assessment but hey dont let his product line get in the way of some good advice here tanveer Wink theres a aussie  alien here who could tell you a thing or 2 about the doctor alright lol! funny how he breeds so many ybs maybe its all down to the losses one encounters eh ,i just wonder if the losses are down to over medicating and supporting weak pigeons that get found out in the race basket ...i hear he breeds in excess of 200 ybs now why would a pigeon vet do that i just wonder with all his knowledge about pigeon health Suspect what with the overcrowding scenario Basketball either way tanveer i have found best not to take to much notice of someones opinions when they have a vested interest in the matter being discussed if you get my drift pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 1:45 pm

You do not have to consult DR WHO, all you have to do is listen to MOTHER NATURE.

Thousands of animals survive numerous (often man made) problems and come through without any help from man and become immune to the problem.

Too many run to the vet instead of the dust bin.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 1:49 pm

You are correct Misty about Mother Nature.

I think science may be something can tell us how effectively we can use nature. Smile it might help us go step ahead optimally , but yes all the mysteries of nature is not yet discovered Smile

MISTY wrote:
You do not have to consult DR WHO, all you have to do is listen to MOTHER NATURE.

Thousands of animals survive numerous (often man made) problems and come through without any help from man and become immune to the problem.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 3:04 pm

My whites do not get hit by hawks. Most of my birds can avoid them.
Medication. If a pigeon can benefit from medication then use it! Or any other animal for that matter.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 7:27 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:

I think science may be something can tell us how effectively we can use nature.  Smile  it might help us go step ahead optimally , but yes all the mysteries of nature is not yet discovered Smile

MISTY wrote:

Regards.

just 1 example ...the wood pigeon will eat elderberry ,natural health aid Very Happy its the best way to go ,in nature birds wills plck from mother natures health cabinet another thing often overlooked is clay blocks Very Happy ...next
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 7:35 pm

Yes this is correct, but rock pigeon don't race that much long and fast Smile
So we have to give our birds something extra Smile

oldstrain wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:

I think science may be something can tell us how effectively we can use nature.  Smile  it might help us go step ahead optimally , but yes all the mysteries of nature is not yet discovered Smile

MISTY wrote:

Regards.

just 1 example ...the wood pigeon will eat elderberry ,natural health aid Very Happy its the best way to go ,in nature birds wills plck from mother natures health cabinet another thing often overlooked is clay blocks Very Happy ...next
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Always had open hole, pigeons no doubt helped themselves to mother natures gifts unbeknown to me, only thing I used was garlic in the water.

Of course grit and minerals were always available.

Never had any health problems.

Think they helped themselves to what they needed if it was not available in that which I provided.

One thing is certain, in the main todays racing pigeons are pathetic relative to natural good health and need constant medication.

Would take several years and much heart ache to remedy the damage done by the commercial boys.

Sad.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 11:02 pm

tanveerhbaig wrote:
Yes this is correct, but rock pigeon don't race that much long and fast Smile
So we have to give our birds something extra Smile

oldstrain wrote:
tanveerhbaig wrote:

MISTY wrote:

Regards.

True Smile Smile in what you say about the rock dove etc I suggest Tanveer Wink Wink & many I could also name bounce bounce  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes would happily say the same about Dr Walker also of late Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 12:13 am

oldstrain wrote:
You think & wonder too much etc at times O/S Wink Wink I suggest Very Happy Very Happy . Just take all the spin & bling in I say bounce bounce as Doctor knows best type of thing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Now lol! lol! lol! not that I would ever wish to correct you in any way shape or form here with your figures as such bounce bounce but 200 young birds is a wee bit on the light side I'm  affraid Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as I would tend to put a figure around the 5/600 mark etc by the time he finishes his normal breeding cycle each year Wink Wink. Which, now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes brings me back to a particular race he flew in a couple of years ago here bounce bounce where he was beating on the day for the number one Fed spot by a lovely old bloke/pigeon tragic type called Gerry Charnley etc, who this year bounce bounce has a big team of 10 going around Smile Smile I'm told apparently for him to stress over, if his worst nightmare scenario was ever to happen again in a local sense Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 10:09 am

yes bang on oz ,all the vets and docs want a yes man not a thinker ...."sold" lol! lol! lol! pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disease transmission from parents to chicks   Disease transmission from parents to chicks Empty

Back to top Go down

Disease transmission from parents to chicks
Page 1 of 1