Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Perigrines everywhere Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Perigrines everywhere 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Perigrines everywhere Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Perigrines everywhere Vote_lcapPerigrines everywhere Voting_barPerigrines everywhere Vote_rcap 
David
Perigrines everywhere Vote_lcapPerigrines everywhere Voting_barPerigrines everywhere Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1297 registered users
    The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    Perigrines everywhere Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    Perigrines everywhere Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

Perigrines everywhere

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Rudderfett
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Rudderfett

Perigrines everywhere Empty
    PostSubject: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Today I took my first round 23 youngsters on thier second schooling toss. I went 2.5 miles from the loft nice sunny day, I let the first basket go 10 birds and watched them circle, then a perigrine dived into them causing havoc...Gutted I watched as they were chaised everywhere. I decided not to let the remaining 13 go and take them home, however as I saw the perigrine disapear in totally a different direction to home, I jumped in the car and drove to my village and let the remaing 13 go. I then watched in disbalief as another perigine coming from my loft direction diving into the second batch.
    Wales is crawling in perigrines, I have never had 2 hits in 2 miles before from 2 different perigrines and all this dispite knowing that in the last month 2 perigrines have been killed in our small county, allegidly.
    Im going to give up if this continues like this, I am 2 birds away 1 from first lot and 1 from second, Im not prepared to go on like this, after putting so much into them this year...what a start. Sad
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:54 pm

Rudderfett don't mean to be hard but don't let this knock you back as there are other fanciers in your position but i will say it is heart breaking seeing this happen

Must say have seen this happen when liberating pigeons and they go everywere and then your mind starts thinking just hope they are o.k and can get home so know how you feel mate it is hard and a pain
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:35 am

hi martyn, sorry to hear of the attacks.....every where i read its happening all over the country, some fanciers loosing birds every day from their lofts as soon as the exercise their birds, its getting to the stage now as a whole where fanciers are packing in every day/week because they are so upset over it and the rspb just dont give a danm.......something will have to be done soon or there wont be any fanciers left.

also i dont wish to sound mean or petty, but all these auctions/donations fanciers all over the country organise for good causes, why cant they do it for a fund to employ top legal help/advise.....?im sure there must be something the pigeon world can do besides the spineless rpra publishing hawkwatch in the bhw, lets face it they make enough money out of fanciers throughout the country........................ Twisted Evil

i know its heartbreaking martyn but regroup and carry on.............
    Back to top Go down
    steve1952
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:54 am

y/b racings finished before training started for a lot of flyers
    Back to top Go down
    steve1952
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:58 am

out of 9 i bought this year to race y/bs 1 left jansen hen [martyn] thinking of putting her to stock with herman cock that breeds winners
    Back to top Go down
    Rudderfett
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am

Very Happy Well no one loves pigeons more than me , and I always dreamed of a loft with excellant birds flying well. Guess what I have got that, I have never owned better pigeons ever, and I have bought lots of youngsters but nothing as good as I already have. My birds fly for 2 hours every morning going like trains, no Illness this year they are bouncing. That perigrine failed to catch my birds flying into a head wind yesterday my birds out flew them.
    BUT I CANT GO ON KNOWING THEY HAVENT GOT A CHANCE TO FLY HOME IN PEACE.
    Im sure I have birds that would be champions and never get a chance to prove themselves, getting cut down and lost through no fault of their own. How do you select stock for next year having lost all the babies from a pair, knowing they never got lost but were killed?
    Birds I give away to fanciers in other areas do well because they have more chance, yet I LOOSE birds from the samr pairs from 5 miles.
    Going to think long and hard and see what happens after training.
    Back to top Go down
    notykinlofts
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:30 pm

know the feeling mate.i let my cocks out and went in the loft when i came out i see a hawk at the bottom of my garden ripping one of my cocks to bits i chassed it of and it was gone like a flash sadly the cock was dead,well i thought that as the hawk see me coming at it with a garden fork it wouldnt try again.well the same day in the after noon i let my hens out i went in to get a coffee and guess what when i came out the f..kin thing had one of my hens and killed that bird to.so mate it is hard but stick to it we have to if not this sport will die away we have anoth probs trying to keep our hobby going as it is,when we see this happens it make us feel that way,when we send our birds to a race or training toss and we get some short 9 times out of ten its been hawked but we dont see that,keep ya chin up mate.i found that not training or letteing the birds out to early or to late is better as the hawks have done the hunting by then.well most have,

mark
    Back to top Go down
    http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:53 pm

one point you make there mark is that you went inside for a drink, ive always heard that the hawk wont be bothered if humans are there and will still attack.......but in nearly every caes ive had of hawk strikes is when ive gone away from the loft into the house or gone inside the loft to clean out, its as tho the hawk is sat watching and sees its chance whnen my backs turned for a few minutes........ scratch
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perigrines everywhere   Perigrines everywhere Empty

Back to top Go down

Perigrines everywhere
    Page 1 of 1