Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Today at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
One-loft Race ? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) One-loft Race ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.One-loft Race ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
One-loft Race ? Vote_lcapOne-loft Race ? Voting_barOne-loft Race ? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
One-loft Race ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
One-loft Race ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

One-loft Race ?

Go down 
+7
Don Webb
Rene A
friendsloft
IANYOUNG
Ginger
David
kev d
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:30 pm

racing in one loft races is a gamble realy but you pay your money and take your chances . i think a better way would be to breed say two pigeons each and nominate a flyer off here to race them in the classic or NFC or the BBC then they will get better looked after and not mix with 1,00s of other pigeons fighting for food and a perch . just my thought so if ive upset any one im sorry
it,s not ment to . cheers kev .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:54 pm

i think that would be a great idea, members who wanted to be part of it could enter maybe two birds each plus a fee which would pay for their keep and entrance fees for the races.........as you say they could fly in classic races or simply be another team which a nominated member could fly in his own club, scratch

altho this idea of kevs would be great in my opinion i think the biggest hurdle would be getting one of us to manage the team and race them........... pale would emagine not many of us would want to do it.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy As to nominating a flyer to take charge o some first class birds, I would go for that something differant and interesting.
hi mate , then lets get talking ready for next season we need some who races in top class
compition with big birdage and can hold there own some one like mark , but you have to have the room or a seperate loft to house the birds . i had this idea for a long time because i was going to ask all my old chums
back in my old club in yorkshire to send two each down to me and i would race them in the NFC with the main objetive of flying in the tarbes grand national i would train and race them and feed this is for the people who can,t race in the bigger race due to not having a marking station near buy i ask all my old mates but it did not take off , but if any off you are intrested in doing this then lets get some thing sorted this is not a money making racket it,s just to test your pigeons and have some fun between our selfs , if no one wants do do this i will put my name forward but if you have any one in mind then feel free to put there names forward
and lets see what happens .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi kev, im in...............like the sound ot it very much. Very Happy
hi david , my self have room for 20 yb as well as my own my own would be in the same loft and every thing treated the same way
so it,s first come basis , you pay the carriage for the birds and say £10 a month for feed and training and entry fee for any racing in the NFC or my local club which is the somerset social flying club . you only pay this when i start to train them and race them any money won the person who,s bird wins the money will get it all i don,t want any thing , the price i said is just some thing i plucked out of the air if you have any idea,s
to put forward then please do so like i said i have room for 20 yb .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy Just thinking out loud but wouldnt it be amazing if a site like this raised some money, bought a loft put it on someones land or garden, then gave a team of birds like a one loft race but only site members. Then each week pool and race against eachother? just a thought but good be really good. Idea
just what ive been thinking about doing but having the guts to do it and get it started i don,t want to make a penny out of this it,s just for this select site and us only i don,t want to handle any money on this so if any one as any sugestions on this feel free to say or if any one else wants to take charge of the birds then say , this will be done on a very small scale from racing them as yb through to the ultimate challange of tarbes 560 to me in somerset with a east wind any thing can happen .
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Kev if you do this you would have to transfer them as you would not be allowed to race them as the birds would not belong to you study study study study
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:06 pm

hi ginger 169, very true but not a problem for me to do as where only talking 20 pigeons in total
and if for any reason your bird wins a major prize or scores on a regular basis then you can have the bird back no questions asked but if you have any ideas put them forward but keep them simlple don,t them complicated we just want a bit of fun and test our birds .
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:12 pm

are we talking about birds competing at club level or national level , as club level the prizes is not that good, you might as well race your own at your own club just my opinion
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:18 pm

hi ian, they will be flying in the national as i only send my pigeons as trainers
in my local club they will be flying down the SW route down as far as bodmin
which is just under 80 miles to my loft .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:26 pm

kev d wrote:
hi ian, they will be flying in the national as i only send my pigeons as trainers
in my local club they will be flying down the SW route down as far as bodmin
which is just under 80 miles to my loft .
sorry ment to put in when they go in the NFC
the first race is round about 200 miles to me depending where they go first race this season was st malo,
then messac,then poitiers , then tarbes ,and saintes . thats 5 national races to have a crack at and have some fun being in the SW we need a east wind to keep the birds down the SW side and every time there,s a east wind it,s always won in the west counrty .
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:52 am

I would be interested if not too late
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: kev,s NFC yb challange for site members    One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:33 pm

hi all, not been on for a few days is every one still intrested in the sending there
yb to me to race in the NFC next season just two yb each and its limited to 20 yb
so first come first served, i will send you the rings you pay the carriage and a set amount for corn
they will get trained up with mine and get the same treatment as mine vaccinated and treatred for the worms and canker and cocci , they will be raced as trainers in a local club down the SW route then they will be sent to the NFC yb race which will be about 180 miles you pay the entry fee which is £3.50 abird and if you want to pool you can what ever you win you get either pool money or a diploma if they win a prize . i will give you a update on there progress most nights and if i can work out how to up load pictures i will so you can see them progress through out the season , what ever is left at the end of the season we can carry on racing them as yearlings it,s up to you any questions please ask .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:35 pm

hi kev, i would be intrested in entering.........i like the sound of your plans and management, but could you/we decide the amount of money it would involve for the keep of the birds then i/we can give a definate yes to your challange.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 pm

already sounds better then that 1loft wonder David lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Rene A wrote:
already sounds better then that 1loft wonder David lol!

do you mean ferals rene........?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:47 pm

hi all , the amount of money i don,t know what to ask for all i want is to keep them in corn
for the whole season , once i get all the money in i will buy all the corn in bulk what whould every one say about £30 each is that to much or not enough i don,t know .
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Yes if you can give a round figure for cost then there may be more interest
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Very Happy I like the sound of it, and 30 quid seems about right if they last the distance. put me down of 2.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:01 pm

right all it will cost you is carriage to send them down to me in somerset , the £30
for corn and your entry fee of £3.50 per bird you can send the £3.50 at a later date
so all together £63.50 lets see if any one can get a good one in the NFC if we happen to get a
good one say in the top ten if you want it back you can no questions asked .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 pm

just one more thing ive been in the pigeon game over 30 years now
im no top flyer but i know how to get them in racing condition so they can score in the NFC
since ive been in the NFC ive had a 4th section D ,266 open saintes 4225 birds .
5th section D, sennen cove ,385 open 5350 birds . 8th section D messac , 887 open 3792 birds .
and a few minnor postions further down in the results but it gets harder every year so send your best
and who knows with a east wind any thing can happen . im not in this for any gain just so you can test your birds against the best in the country . cheers kev if you want to chat pm me and i will pass on my number .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:21 pm

kev d wrote:
just one more thing ive been in the pigeon game over 30 years now
im no top flyer but i know how to get them in racing condition so they can score in the NFC
since ive been in the NFC ive had a 4th section D ,266 open saintes 4225 birds .
5th section D, sennen cove ,385 open 5350 birds . 8th section D messac , 887 open 3792 birds .
and a few minnor postions further down in the results but it gets harder every year so send your best
and who knows with a east wind any thing can happen . im not in this for any gain just so you can test your birds against the best in the country . cheers kev if you want to chat pm me and i will pass on my number .
im thinking of things every time i will get the rings in early jan when they come out so if you want to take part pm me your address and phone no, then i will post the rings to you .
Back to top Go down
alexhe
Chipping
Chipping

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 pm

i am not very clear what this activity is? geek is this held by any official organization Question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:51 pm

hi kev, so the 30 pounds covers food, treatments etc.....what about vaccinations? does this have to be done before we send the bird/s to you ? i think it should realy to be fair.....then all we do is pay for the entry into how many races ? and if we want to pool etc...?

also if our bird gets lost when settling to your loft is that it, we are out of the racing ?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi kev, so the 30 pounds covers food, treatments etc.....what about vaccinations? does this have to be done before we send the bird/s to you ? i think it should realy to be fair.....then all we do is pay for the entry into how many races ? and if we want to pool etc...?

also if our bird gets lost when settling to your loft is that it, we are out of the racing ?
hi david , thats what i mean not knowing how much to charge treatments and vaccination , when i will be sending to the training races with the somerset social circle they have about 5 or 6 yb races down to about 75 miles
at a charge of 50p a bird treatments i all ready have so that not a problem , vaccination if you do it your self i need a photo copy of the sheet if not i will do them with my own , pooling in the NFC starts at 50p and goes up to £40 pool so if you pool a birdup to say £5 it will cost you £15.50p or if you pool up to £2 it will cost you £3.50p . yes you can only have 2 birds once there gone there gone as the NFC club rings cost £4 per 10 .
i must say when i train my yb i very rarely lose many they will get started at 10 miles and will go down to the first race point which will be newton abbot which is 35 miles to my loft my loft will be the first drop and birds in the race will be from all over somerset so they will get a good schooling , i must say they only go as trainners
just to educate them ready for the yb national .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:34 pm

thanks kev, sounding good to me so far.........hopefully the more members join the better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One-loft Race ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: One-loft Race ?   One-loft Race ? Empty

Back to top Go down

One-loft Race ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next