Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
One Loft Entry Costs Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) One Loft Entry Costs 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.One Loft Entry Costs Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
One Loft Entry Costs Vote_lcapOne Loft Entry Costs Voting_barOne Loft Entry Costs Vote_rcap 
David
One Loft Entry Costs Vote_lcapOne Loft Entry Costs Voting_barOne Loft Entry Costs Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
One Loft Entry Costs Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
One Loft Entry Costs Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

One Loft Entry Costs

Go down 
+2
steve1952
Lightning
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

One Loft Entry Costs Empty
PostSubject: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:16 am

“Pigeonforumotion Oneloft Race”

The only risk as i see it is the repatriation costs should a bird/s get lost and have to sent for by courier (if i am unable to collect personally which i do in 90% of all cases). It may be worth thinking of increasing the initial entry fee to £20/bird, with costs split as above and the remaining £5 to be held in a fund to cover any repatriation costs if needed, with whatever isn’t used going back into the prizefund for the final race?

Lads/Lasses, we have 2 options for the oneloft entry fee/cost with the above statement in mind?.

Option 1 - £15.00 per bird
Option 2 - £20.00 per bird

Opt 1 - would be £15 per bird. This is split £10 to loft costs (£0.40 to buy NFC ring, £1.30 for ETS ring, £1.95 to pay entry into the 3 pre-races and balance of £6.35 towards corn, vaccinations, medication etc etc). Remaining £5 to go into a prizefund for the oneloft birds, split £50 per race £25. £15 & £10. The worry of this is that if we get any birds reported and i am unable to collect for you (rarely as i collect 90% of lost birds), the cost of courier will have to be passed to the owner/breeder

Option 2 - would be exactly the same as above but with an additional £5 to go into a fund and this money used if needed to pay for the occasional lost bird if needed. Whatever is left from this fund to be added to prizefund for last race.

Your thoughts/votes below please?
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:06 am

option 2 best mate
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:23 pm

OPTION 2 FOR ME BEST ALL ROUND
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 2:18 pm

so thats 2 for Option 2 so far, (i think thats the best option, but thought would throw it open to the members). Almost guaranteed to increase prizemoney for last race Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:48 pm

yes i agree, option 2 is the most sensible option...............it willl mean i will only be entering two birds though Crying or Very sad lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:57 pm

DAVID wrote:
yes i agree, option 2 is the most sensible option...............it willl mean i will only be entering two birds though Crying or Very sad lol!
tight arse
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:03 pm

either £40 or £80 ian, cant justify it when i also bought two birds in the auction....plus there will be three £30 for courrier to collect/deliver birds, so i cant take liberties or i`ll be in trouble by the boss......... affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:14 pm

ok scared arse Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:21 pm

ian wrote:
ok scared arse Laughing Laughing Laughing

priorities ian.......... cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Very Happy no.2
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:56 pm

DAVID wrote:

2 is fine David Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:58 pm

looks as though most are happy with the option 2 - £20.....seems the more sensible one to me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:01 pm

ok thanks mark, i agree the 2nd option is the most sensible, plus if there are no major recovery bills it will go to prize money, so members can only benefit cant they.......

as i said to ian, with chrismas here and spending money in the auction even tho i would have liked to enter 4 birds my priorities are with the wife and daughter, so i cant not buy them anything for christmas can i......... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Lightning wrote:
looks as though most are happy with the option 2 - £20.....seems the more sensible one to me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

yes it does mark, when you add it up an extra £5 from 16 members will help towards any recovery costs........ Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:14 pm

[quote="DAVID yes it does mark, when you add it up an extra £5 from 16 members will help towards any recovery costs........ Very Happy[/quote]

Yes mate, extra £5 per bird from 40 birds = £200.... I always work on the odds that 20% will get reported at some time or other, so that would be 8 birds, most will be travellable and i will collect personally, either during family trips out or travelling in area with work......but if we have to send for say 2 birds costing £70, the remaining £130 will be paid out as additional prizemoney cheers cheers :cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:19 pm

thats right mark, you got it worked out perfectly......and if like you say we have to send for a few birds there shouls still be money left over to go towards winnings......but even if there isnt, members know whats going on and its acceptable to them, as they have indicated.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Spot on Mark option 2 from me
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:26 am

possibility to save on couriers, we could help between ourselves ie picking up lost birds or y/bs to race, we could do a relay, im sure mark said he goes around birmingham 1 hour from us we can go there, could work out much cheaper if say lads up north bring y/bs so far down eventually reaching us we could meet mark with them.

thank you for doing this mark great for all
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:54 am

steve1952 wrote:
possibility to save on couriers, we could help between ourselves ie picking up lost birds or y/bs to race, we could do a relay, im sure mark said he goes around birmingham 1 hour from us we can go there, could work out much cheaper if say lads up north bring y/bs so far down eventually reaching us we could meet mark with them.

thank you for doing this mark great for all

this would be perfect mate, N/East lads get them to you, you get them to birmingham were we could meet the midlanders and i pick them up from there.....would be superb save a fortune in couriers costs

Also added to this, i will be up towards Scunthorpe area's in feb or mar and we could meet up then, all about keeping the costs down if/where possible cheers
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:14 pm

great idea steve
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:06 pm

10 by 6 shed at home with 4 stock birds theyre going to loft soon so if needed its there empty for overnight stay
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:33 pm

could hold your own one loft race in it steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Loft Entry Costs   One Loft Entry Costs Empty

Back to top Go down

One Loft Entry Costs
Page 1 of 1