Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
save our songbirds Emptyby David Today at 4:18 pm

» Weather today
save our songbirds Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
save our songbirds Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
save our songbirds Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
save our songbirds Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
save our songbirds Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
save our songbirds Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
save our songbirds Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
save our songbirds Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) save our songbirds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 62 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.save our songbirds Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
save our songbirds Vote_lcapsave our songbirds Voting_barsave our songbirds Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
save our songbirds Vote_lcapsave our songbirds Voting_barsave our songbirds Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222760 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
save our songbirds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
save our songbirds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

save our songbirds

Go down 
+6
David
Ginger
Rudderfett
highflyerboy
peel bros
IANYOUNG
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:12 pm

kill the crow but not the sparrow hawks, scratch
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:31 pm

the rspb is in denial and needs to wake up from its long hibernation and accept that if they dont agree to a cull on these predators the general public will do it behind there backs Wink
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:06 pm

This is the joke, If you read oit carefully they are culling a non protected species to try and save the songbirds, However the people who have put protected status on the Sparrowhawks and falcons are the r.s.p.b. So they can lift the status in order to sort this out. I have to say I live on a farm with masses of wildlife all around me and have only seena magpie take 1 sparrow in my whole life, Corvids mostly only take fleglings and eggs, but the song birds in decline are in most cases not even getting to the breeding stage such as skylarks and cuckoos, so the problem must lie somewhere eles, we know but they are blind.
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:56 pm

how do i put a picture message on lads ?ive got some in my folder but am lost on how to post them
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 pm

if youve only seen one sparrow killed by magpies your a lucky man come up here in northeast and watch them marrauding through the gardens mob handed killing birds with ease groups 20 strong on a dailly basis .in the nesting season they hang upside down from the roofs and mimic the parents ov sparrow chicks who then pop their heads out to be pulled out of nest and eaten on the chimney i dont know if anyone knew this either that woodpeckers eat chicks as well! my blue tits were all eaten by one i watched it in disbelief
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Why dont you all go on the site that Ian has put up no need to put anything about pigeons the songbirds are the main thing the way they are going your kids wont ear one never mind see one I have put one in weather they will print it is a different thing it all helps that what the monk said when p***ed in the teid
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:26 pm

the rsbp know excactly what the sparrowhawks are doing to the birds and our pigeons, they are just lying through their teeth and thinking of any excuses they can to blame others.........

dont have any doubts about it, they know....... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Ginger169 wrote:
Why dont you all go on the site that Ian has put up no need to put anything about pigeons the songbirds are the main thing the way they are going your kids wont ear one never mind see one I have put one in weather they will print it is a different thing it all helps that what the monk said when p***ed in the teid
good idea mate i have just posted my reply ,come on lads get those replys in this is a national newspaper a voice that can be heard ! bounce
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:41 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:21 pm

i probably kill 120 magpies a year and it makes no difference at all there prolific breeders with very few enemies that prey on them go on the rapid 7 forum and look for maggy slayer theres a pic i put on show of magpies
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Comlaining is a waste of time, rspb, and bto members have a love affair with raptors, I think only when they wake up one morning and the raptors are all thats left and they start eating eachother will they think theres a problem.
scratch
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:29 pm

I used to shoot magpies, waste of my money the more I shot the more I saw, dont bother now. thers an endless supply a bit like perigrines.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:39 pm

theres always some reason behind things like this, why is it that the rspb are protecting these killers and covering it up that these are responsible for the bird population dwindeling and our pigeons getting killed.........i know they are a registered charity and must have some wealthy backers because of the amount of funds they seem to have available, so im thinking theres a reason the rspb are allowing this to continue.......and behind all corruption is usually money, i know certain councils do not want ferals, starlings and most other birds living on the buildings in the cities and have seen that they are employing bops etc to keep the numbers down for them, i know this is just the tip of the iceberg but in my mind there is more to this going on than we know about. scratch study
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 pm

When at Blackpool this year me and Ken signed the partition save the song birds had a word with a few others and a cordin gto it there was only 4,000 signatures on the partition

Poor if you ask me
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:36 pm

nothing you can do about it its nature we as pigeon fanciers cull more every year is this not true just get on with it and live with it no use getting worked up about this
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:47 pm

ian wrote:
nothing you can do about it its nature we as pigeon fanciers cull more every year is this not true just get on with it and live with it no use getting worked up about this

there is tho ian, yes pigeon fanciers usually do kill pigeons each year, but these are the ones which are no good.......not like in some cases where there winners are ripped to bits by hawks etc.

as don says, it isnt many to say how many pigeon fanciers there are..........all most of them want to do is moan about the problem and do nothing abut it.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm

DAVID wrote:
ian wrote:

there is tho ian, yes pigeon fanciers usually do kill pigeons each year, but these are the ones which are no good.......not like in some cases where there winners are ripped to bits by hawks etc.

as don says, it isnt many to say how many pigeon fanciers there are..........all most of them want to do is moan about the problem and do nothing abut it.

Cheers David
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:52 pm

thers lots moan about this david and dont do anything , iam not that bothered like i say it has to feed its young we do the same we eat meat dont we same thing
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Here you are Ian think of this, my freind Eric Pearson was 3rd Nantes National with a Blue Hen was 2nd car nom and won a few quid was getting her ready the following year

2 weeks befor e the race was out flying and a sparrow hawk took her out of the sky no messing and that is a top pigeon

Ian how would you feel if you had a UNC winner taken from the sky like that i don't need to say hey Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:58 pm

gutted but thats nature lost many of good birds maybe by hawkes wires weather who knows but got to move on
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Yes i understand but something has to be done
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 pm

maybe but how can this be done apart from wiping them out totally
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Take the protection of them and allow them to be reduced in numbers to help all round

The R.S.P.B if they have a breed of bird that is a problem then they allow the numbers to be reduced study study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 pm

ian wrote:
thers lots moan about this david and dont do anything , iam not that bothered like i say it has to feed its young we do the same we eat meat dont we same thing

cant beleive this is the opinion of a pigeon man ian, im sure many others will be furious at these coments.........

i`ll say no more at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

save our songbirds Empty
PostSubject: Re: save our songbirds   save our songbirds Empty

Back to top Go down

save our songbirds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next