Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
youngbird sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
youngbird sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
youngbird sickness Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
youngbird sickness Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
youngbird sickness Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
youngbird sickness Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
youngbird sickness Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
youngbird sickness Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
youngbird sickness Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) youngbird sickness 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.youngbird sickness Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
youngbird sickness Vote_lcapyoungbird sickness Voting_baryoungbird sickness Vote_rcap 
David
youngbird sickness Vote_lcapyoungbird sickness Voting_baryoungbird sickness Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
youngbird sickness Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
youngbird sickness Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

youngbird sickness

Go down 
+8
Ginger
Lightning
geordiejen
Rudderfett
kev d
oldstrain
Don Webb
IANYOUNG
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:02 pm

youngbird sickness what is the cause of it whats your view on it
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:04 pm

I would say Stress
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:09 pm

yes would say stress and is the adeno coli syndrome ybs ?or a secondary infection to it ?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:10 pm

tricky one ian , but like don daid is it stress related ive heard people get it even with out
the birds going in a basket , i think the longer you leave them with the parents the more inmunity
the yb get so the stronger they will be to sickness . my yb don,t get much training and races as yb so i haven,t realy suffered from it so i can,t realy comment on it but there my thoughts .
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:11 pm

I have read many theorys on it and dont really know or agree with most, dispite a good management and cleaning at my lofts I have still suffered from it, HoweverI have my own opinions on it, and I think that overcowding, stress and hot weather all seem to be factors in it. This year I never had sick birds that suffered from it in a strong way for days, but did have the odd bird being sick on a perch, but only perhaps the once and was never ill after and continuious, I think because last year I tried not to overcrowd and also started for the first time to use apple cider vinegar in the youngsters water nearly every day I stopped it from taking hold, and for the first time last year never had to kill a youngsters through illness.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I have read many theorys on it and dont really know or agree with most, dispite a good management and cleaning at my lofts I have still suffered from it, HoweverI have my own opinions on it, and I think that overcowding, stress and hot weather all seem to be factors in it. This year I never had sick birds that suffered from it in a strong way for days, but did have the odd bird being sick on a perch, but only perhaps the once and was never ill after and continuious, I think because last year I tried not to overcrowd and also started for the first time to use apple cider vinegar in the youngsters water nearly every day I stopped it from taking hold, and for the first time last year never had to kill a youngsters through illness.

Martyn will agree with the over crowding also, the problem also is you bred youngsters end of the winter come training to they are trained and raced in hot weather and if you have to many pigeons in one section because the same air volume coming into the loft has to go round more than can be acheived
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:41 pm

dont think this is with overcrowding we have 30 members in our club and i bet everyone at some point gets youngbird sickness , so is all 30 members overcrowding there birds , i myself dont overcrowd, and get a mild form of it ,
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:50 pm

usually get the odd one here and their.i think its an infection due to stress.all you can do is keep some adenosan handy.i dont flock treat birds either.if i find a youngsters in the section looking a bit off i put it in a pen to itself and monitor it.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:20 pm

yes, think it stress related..........was it around before the darkness system???
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:21 pm

I think not Mark
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:22 pm

not sure mark
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:28 pm

makes you wonder dont it, i would say darkness really took of from about 1998 when everybody started closing the loft down at say 5pm (still very hot part of the day in May/June), then from June 21st or longest day loft is opened up and we start to train......then bang Shocked

i know its not limited to darkness, but it does make you wonder what causes
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:31 pm

yes it does but its here now we have to get on with it
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:36 pm

true mate, thats one thing most of us can guarantee we will all pick up during the course of the year (fingers crossed only mild)

One thing i was told by an old work colleague (and bloody good flyer Billy Warbrick RIP), when working up i liverpool was to put Cinnamon powder on the corn once a week especially during May/June etc
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:38 pm

I think it could be something in the air you seem to get it over your way with us liveing on a island for some reason we dont get it here or I have not herd of it it could be down to stress but our birds have a lot of stress flying over water every race but as i said we dont get it scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Last edited by Ginger on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:39 pm

another thing i was told was elderberry and cinamon reckon elderberry is a natural anyibiotic
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 pm

dont your youngbirds never hold corn and vomit ginger
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 pm

thats intersting Ginge, throws all the stress theories out the water so to speak
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 pm

remeber your breeding birds outside there normal times then subjeting them to the dark when in real terms a bird would have sun and lite
humans suffer feom amneezer and rickets all sorts if kept in the dark to long
when all said and done we are making the choice waht to do to compete but nature will always be the winner
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:47 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
remeber your breeding birds outside there normal times then subjeting them to the dark when in real terms a bird would have sun and lite
humans suffer feom amneezer and rickets all sorts if kept in the dark to long
when all said and done we are making the choice waht to do to compete but nature will always be the winner

Your right there
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Not realy ian we get the ode one that would bring up its food but i have allways said its eaten something it didnt like what I have herd about it from some pepole is one day they are fine and the next day you could have two three birds dead on the flore
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 pm

i dont think its down to the dark though
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Ginger wrote:
Not realy ian we get the ode one that would bring up its food but i have allways said its eaten something it didnt like what I have herd about it from some pepole is one day they are fine and the next day you could have two three birds dead on the flore
not the case mate thats an exstreme case i get it every year but mild nothing i cant sort
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:50 pm

Has anyone had yb sickness before the birds have been out?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:52 pm

another thing is if the lofts to dark and you shut down at say 5pm for 14 hours some birds may still want a drink hence holding corn no water for 14 hours or so
just a thought
guess we could go on for ages on this pigeons lol they do test us to lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

youngbird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: youngbird sickness   youngbird sickness Empty

Back to top Go down

youngbird sickness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next