Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Butter Milk.....? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Butter Milk.....? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Butter Milk.....? Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Butter Milk.....? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Butter Milk.....? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
Butter Milk.....? Vote_lcapButter Milk.....? Voting_barButter Milk.....? Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Butter Milk.....? Vote_lcapButter Milk.....? Voting_barButter Milk.....? Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Butter Milk.....?

Go down 
+3
stormqueen
Don Webb
David
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:42 pm

have any of our members used this butter milk...? ive heard it speeds up the moult in darkness ybs, does this work and where do i buy it from if it does........... scratch
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Is that what is sold by Syndicate lofts Paul Fox
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:31 pm

you can make it ourself david.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:30 pm

i dont know don............ scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:31 pm

stormqueen wrote:
you can make it ourself david.

hi john, how do i make it....? and does it help with the moult ?
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:12 am

put into a cup 1 table spoon full white vingar.
and fill up the cup with milk. leave for 5 minutes and that will give you a substitute for butter milk.
we tryed it last year david and it seem to work.
but the longer you leave the vingar and milk in the cup the thicker it got.
we put it into the birds water for 10 day;s .
a cup full to about 2 ltr water.
and the bird;s did seem to loss there feather faster.
only down side david the amount of milk we went through the wife said you just as well buy a cow. cheers
Back to top Go down
DINKYDOO
Chipping
Chipping

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:39 am

stormqueen wrote:
and fill up the cup with milk. leave for 5 minutes and that will give you a substitute for butter milk.
only down side david the amount of milk we went through the wife said you just as well buy a cow. cheers

I WAS SPEAKING TO THE OLD GUY THAT HELPS ME HE WAS FLYING DARKIES OVER 25 YEAR AGO HE SAYS BUTTER MILK DOES HELP BUT THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO GET THEM THROUGH THE MOLT AND VERY RARELY DID HE HAVE TO USE BUTTER MILK
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:30 am

thanks for the info john, will decide weather its worth adding................. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:33 am

DINKYDOO wrote:
stormqueen wrote:

I WAS SPEAKING TO THE OLD GUY THAT HELPS ME HE WAS FLYING DARKIES OVER 25 YEAR AGO HE SAYS BUTTER MILK DOES HELP BUT THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO GET THEM THROUGH THE MOLT AND VERY RARELY DID HE HAVE TO USE BUTTER MILK

have read/heard quite a few top flyers swear by it, but like i said ive never tried it so dont actually know if its of any benefit to the dark birds..........dinky, these better ways to get them through the moult...? can you divulge what they are and does it speed the moult up in dark ybs ?
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:24 am

david i got the butter milk tip from a man thats kept them for 30 odd years and most if not all in our club thats on darkness does this first year i did it the feathers was falling off them swear by it my self great tip you can buy it or make it your self we made ours our self last year works just the same.
Wink
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:06 am

thanks john, im wondering if because mine started the dark a couple of weeks later than when the clocks altered that if i used buttermilk it might help them catch up and complete the moult by the longest day.....???
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:15 am

stormqueen wrote:
david i got the butter milk tip from a man thats kept them for 30 odd years and most if not all in our club thats on darkness does this first year i did it the feathers was falling off them swear by it my self great tip you can buy it or make it your self we made ours our self last year works just the same.
Wink
just like to say thanks for sharing your tip this is wat its all about helping eachother
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:17 am

yes i agree darren, its good our members are always willing to help each other..........good honest advise on our site. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:35 pm

yes david that;s why your site is so popular.
member;s on here like to share any tips if it can help other member;s.
i know we have had a lot of help on this site david . cheers
don webb being one of them.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:59 pm

yes john, im trying to take in info from our members and without them i wouldnt have much of a clue................... Razz
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:08 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
DINKYDOO
Chipping
Chipping

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:54 pm

DAVID wrote:
DINKYDOO wrote:
stormqueen wrote:

have read/heard quite a few top flyers swear by it, but like i said ive never tried it so dont actually know if its of any benefit to the dark birds..........dinky, these better ways to get them through the moult...? can you divulge what they are and does it speed the moult up in dark ybs ?

YES IT SPEEDS THE MOLT UP ITS ALL IN THE FEEDING CHANGE THE FEEDING
THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD AND SHOWN AND IT WORKS
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:48 pm

change the feeding in what way dinky.........?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm

white bread to brown bread david....got to feed them better.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Alex wrote:
white bread to brown bread david....got to feed them better.

this sounds like ferals darkness system alex.............. lol! wonder how he`s doing racing.....? affraid
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

never know, probably topping the fed lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:56 pm

id p**s my self if he was, he had some unusual methods for his management and treatment of his birds didnt he............ affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:00 pm

yes he did lol.....surprised me really, thought he would want to do it properly
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:02 pm

it;s no use telling the member;s to just change the feeding dinkiedoo.
tell us more so some of the member;s can try it.
Cool
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:14 pm

stormqueen wrote:
it;s no use telling the member;s to just change the feeding dinkiedoo.
tell us more so some of the member;s can try it.
Cool

yes this is what we need to know, the way we are feeding now must be wrong so what do we alter it to......? thanks dinky. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Butter Milk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butter Milk.....?   Butter Milk.....? Empty

Back to top Go down

Butter Milk.....?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next