Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Treating before pairing up ? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Treating before pairing up ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Treating before pairing up ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Treating before pairing up ? Vote_lcapTreating before pairing up ? Voting_barTreating before pairing up ? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Treating before pairing up ? Vote_lcapTreating before pairing up ? Voting_barTreating before pairing up ? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Treating before pairing up ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Treating before pairing up ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Treating before pairing up ?

Go down 
+4
Alex
oldstrain
birdy2011
David
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Treating before pairing up ? Empty
PostSubject: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:25 pm

do members treat thier pigeons before pairing up, if so what do they treat for and what with.............?

and why ?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 pm

dont give anything or treat for anything but times have changed i may be wrong in doing things this way ill soon find out
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:48 pm

no preventatives then graham....? canker, cocci, worms etc...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm

mine will get their paramyxo jab first week of december then cocci and canker ready to pair up end of january
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:57 pm

if they look ok david then i see no need and i can if need have test done but as you know most birds carry some simtoms of somethings keep um clean dry loft well ventilated you wont go far wrong but each to there own but to be honest a lot are brain washed into treating for this and that only a test reveals all as they may have 2 or 3 things wrong and need treating as prescribed not blind jmo
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:01 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
if they look ok david then i see no need and i can if need have test done but as you know most birds carry some simtoms of somethings keep um clean dry loft well ventilated you wont go far wrong but each to there own but to be honest a lot are brain washed into treating for this and that only a test reveals all as they may have 2 or 3 things wrong and need treating as prescribed not blind jmo

yes i agree graham but with cocci and canker i like a low count before pairing
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:05 pm

like i say unless you get them tested how will ya know you have a low count you maybe treating and waisting time and money a test for coci and canker cost less than the meds

i think ya will find out how the young birds look in the nest but some do like to treat and ive no problem with what others do
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:10 pm

so wouldnt you rather treat as a preventative as maybe when feeding etc the stress might possibly bring some illness on, and they could pass it on to the young.........altho as you say, treat when needed eh........so each to their own i suppose. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:12 pm

i have a freind who has a microscope graham and he is educated with it he done a test for me earlier this year and about a month ago and in the damp weather wet canker is rife jmo
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 pm

to me thats proping up birds befor they even had chance to get imune to anything so thats why i dont treat i dont think that birds feeding is stressfull as most have rested for a few months and should if looked after be fit enough to rear babies any week in the nest bin and look at what bred them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:19 pm

when do members think its best to vaccinate ? when weaning or later in the seaon before yb racing ? does it make any difference ?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:20 pm

not sure about that david but i guess early and get it out the way
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:22 pm

i agree with what g says, only if they are tested and have a higher count....afterall we dont take asprin when we dont have a headache but each to there own
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:23 pm

ive done it late to be honest, simply for the reason it means they dont need to be done as yearlings the year after because its still within the year (if you know what i mean)

but this is only for that reason, and i suppose for the bird its better to get it over with from an early age, plus its another jooob out of the way for the fancier.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Alex wrote:
i agree with what g says, only if they are tested and have a higher count....afterall we dont take asprin when we dont have a headache but each to there own

but some of us get a flu jab............ lol! lol! lol!

some feel worse for it so ive heard ...... lol!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 pm

to be honest look at the birds its the same as humnas the eyes will tell you if there suffering with anything its the first place ya doctor looks when you go see him how many other than a wormer treat there dogs for anything eles not many and they always look well its not hard to see if you look
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:27 pm

I agree mate.
Our droppings were tested and needed worming that's it. Just a few tonics every week and that's their lot.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:27 pm

David wrote:
ive done it late to be honest, simply for the reason it means they dont need to be done as yearlings the year after because its still within the year (if you know what i mean)

but this is only for that reason, and i suppose for the bird its better to get it over with from an early age, plus its another jooob out of the way for the fancier.

that makes sence david see we all learn something new
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:28 pm

David wrote:
Alex wrote:

depends where you have it i suppose lol! lol! lol!

humans get flu jab, pigeons pmv jab Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:28 pm

i dont know much about this but ive heard/read that all pigeons have a cocci count, and this needs to be monitored and reduced................ scratch

could anyone elaborate on this ? study
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Alex wrote:

alex read what i said they were tested and had a high count in the damp weather
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Alex wrote:
David wrote:
Alex wrote:

depends where you have it i suppose lol! lol! lol!

humans get flu jab, pigeons pmv jab Laughing Laughing

never had one alex, but either your arm or your ar*e.......... lol! lol! lol! bounce
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:31 pm

i can only wonder what ray would choose lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Alex wrote:
i can only wonder what ray would choose lol! lol!

think ray needs to join our new user group........... lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:35 pm

oldstrain wrote:
Alex wrote:

alex read what i said they were tested and had a high count in the damp weather

yes i know, but theres varying factors and not everyones are the same. hence why i said if they are tested and show a high count and not treated as a preventative
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treating before pairing up ?   Treating before pairing up ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Treating before pairing up ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next