Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Treatments...........any thoughts on them. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Vote_lcapTreatments...........any thoughts on them. Voting_barTreatments...........any thoughts on them. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Vote_lcapTreatments...........any thoughts on them. Voting_barTreatments...........any thoughts on them. Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Treatments...........any thoughts on them.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Empty
PostSubject: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 pm

fancier who i bought the two cocks from yesterday gave me a bag of tretments for free....anyone used or heard of them and if so what do they think to them.... Very Happy

spartrix....canker

avicas........wormer

panacur........wormer

schleimpulver......mucus powder

meditrich..........crop canker

slijmpoeder.........antiglairol

mycoform-t.........respiratory

harkers.....spot-on-endectocide............worms, lice and mites

oldhands....one eyed cold
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:11 pm

Very Happy Hi david, I have heared of all of those treatments, Panacur we use home here for our horses along with other wormers and its very good. But as with all wormers always change them each time you use them for best results, Old hand products are all good and work, Harkers spot on I used this year for the first time it also works as long as you treat all your birds together and do them twice a week or two apart. As for the others I have seen them but never used them. As I have stated on here before I only treat sick birds for minor ailments like one eye colds, canker and such, as these never seem to affect them too much and they can go on to win after having thoses... If a bird has other serious problems like respritory or salmonela infections I send them to the sky vet instantly, as i have never have a treated bird for these ailments ever do any good racing. Hope this helps a bit, Im far from an expert but these are my experiences. santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:31 pm

yes, thanks martyn.....its good info you have given me. its always a problem for me to know what and if to treat and ive never used any of these before . i will treat two weeks before pairing for the usuall canker etc but wondered if i was missing out by never using these treatmemnts as the man i git them from was a good prize winner
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:07 pm

I was looking at the body and ridewood catalogue the other day and if you pick any one make of treatments, like fabry or natural and there are tons of them, and then use all the products they do for pigeons they all say ,..use twice a week , or use once a week and so on.
Wel if you bought them all and used them you would need 15 days in every week. I think that says it all for products and the uses, I have used corn and water now for 2 months no treatments, or multivits or anything and the birds never looked better, and the droppings. scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:21 pm

yes martyn, ive read by top flyers just clean water and good food is all they need.....but altho they are looking well now during the winter/rest period do you think they will need vitamins and treatments during racing season when their bodies are under stress and strain ?
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:44 pm

rudderfett wrote:
I was looking at the body and ridewood catalogue the other day and if you pick any one make of treatments, like fabry or natural and there are tons of them, and then use all the products they do for pigeons they all say ,..use twice a week , or use once a week and so on.
Wel if you bought them all and used them you would need 15 days in every week. I think that says it all for products and the uses, I have used corn and water now for 2 months no treatments, or multivits or anything and the birds never looked better, and the droppings. scratch

The thing is Mart theres a saying up here, your birds are only as clean as your dirtiest club member.
They may be looking great now but come the race season and they are mixing in the baskets with other peoples birds, well thats where the problems arise.

I gave up on Boddy and ridewood ages ago. I use www.taylorschoice.co.uk.

Amanda
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 pm

good point amanda, so when they are racing and mixing with other pigeons.....how often do you treat them and what for ?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Very Happy Yes of course you are both right, and slightly wrong. I totally agree with members birds passing on ailments to our well cared for ones and believe me I do use some products to combat any of those, as for vitamins under stress dont believe in it. I have a family member who is related to Peter Bowen a famous race horse trainer down here, he has won the grand national I think and had horses placed in them every year, He has open days at the stables and we go, as we also have horses. He never gives vitamins, they are given feed and that has all the natural stuff in it, you will not improve anything with vitmamins, good fanciers and trainers dont need them. santa
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Im sorry i have to disagree with you Mart about the vitamins,
I use Multivitamin+ this helps •Contains methenamine to boost detoxication after races
•Contains amino acids for regeneration of the muscles
•Contains essential vitamins to rebuild performance.
I use to own horses aswell and i did'nt have to give my horses any other vitamins as the feed companies of the day already put them in the feed. And im sure the same applies to today feeds Mart. Even more so with horses that are being trained and used for compition such are Jumping and racing. As like pigeons they can also suffer with muscle problems, so they need vitamin E for that reason alone.
So you may not be giving them any vitamins yourself, but they are or should be in the feed that you buy for them.

Amanda.

Last edited by dark_chequer on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : piggin spelling mistake again. I WANT A DICTIONARY FOR XMAS LOL;-0)
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:06 pm

well said amanda like you say we wouldnt have to give vitamins if it was built into the feed this is a necesity anybody who doesnt use them then more fool them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:07 pm

martyn, are we talking natural vitamins or synthetic vitamins here........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:41 pm

David the main difference between natural and synthetic vitamins is price and lets face it most companys go for the cheeper option.

i found this..........
Vitamins can legally be called “Natural” even if made in a laboratory. You would not think so, but it is true. Vitamin C, for example, is factory-made from starch. Starch is certainly natural, so the product can be termed “Natural.” Is this starch-based vitamin C identical to orange-juice vitamin C? Most biochemists say yes, because:

1) they appear to have identical molecular structure

2) vitamin C in animal bodies is made from carbohydrates anyway, and
3) the product is clinically effective.

as with most things David it comes down to money affraid affraid lol! lol!

Amanda santa santa
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm

geek a mine of information tonight amanda........but hang on, ill get back to you on that one. lol! lol! geek
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:47 pm

DAVID wrote:
geek a mine of information tonight amanda........but hang on, ill get back to you on that one. lol! lol! geek

see i can be seri-arse aswell as the joker lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:50 pm

dark_chequer wrote:
DAVID wrote:

see i can be seri-arse aswell as the joker lol! lol! lol!

affraid you seem to have a thing about arses amanda........ scratch lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:51 pm

or maybe a fettish....... lol! lol! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 pm

me have a fettish affraid affraid affraid

Bum afse ***K DRINK........and that was my Father Jack impresion lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:16 pm

drunken drunken you havnt been having a few have you amanda........? drunken drunken lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:19 pm

DAVID wrote:
drunken drunken you havnt been having a few have you amanda........? drunken drunken lol! lol!

Not with Tramadol lol! lol! lol! lol!
if i did that i would wake up sometime in Jan 2010 lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:22 pm

lol! just in time for pairing up......... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:36 pm

DAVID wrote:
lol! just in time for pairing up......... lol! lol!

your right there David bounce bounce Wheres the MAGNERS lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 pm

lol! lol! get plenty down you amanda, you deserve it......... lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:06 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treatments...........any thoughts on them.   Treatments...........any thoughts on them. Empty

Back to top Go down

Treatments...........any thoughts on them.
Page 1 of 1