Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
watery dropings  - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) watery dropings  - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.watery dropings  - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
watery dropings  - Page 2 Vote_lcapwatery dropings  - Page 2 Voting_barwatery dropings  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
watery dropings  - Page 2 Vote_lcapwatery dropings  - Page 2 Voting_barwatery dropings  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
watery dropings  - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
watery dropings  - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

watery dropings

Go down 
+6
Gaz b
peel bros
IANYOUNG
EssexSteve
David
Rene A
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

watery dropings  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm

never bid till; the last minute they have multi accounts and bump up the bids

have a limit and bid in the last few seconds
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:56 pm

birdy2011 wrote:

lol! just found another place where they sell it for £4.50 from this place
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:49 pm

I use apple cider about 3 times a week and find my ybs are a lot healthier because of it, however I have found corn on the odd perch in the morning and a few fluffed up birds, but within a few days it stops and everything is back to normal.
Now the ybs are super healthy without any treatments and medicines, I think people see spewed corn or a fluffy youngster and panic, and give them anything and everything available which in my opinion makes it worst. but theres no need for it all as its only natural.
If you have children then you know they always have colds and sniffles and catch anything going but its all natural and helps build the imuneties up in them, and its the same with pigeons they do get a bit sick sometimes but doesnt mean they are unhealthy and need treating.
I once had a yb which was off colour for a few weeks, I even gave it a going light tablet as it seemed to be a bit light, that bird went on to win as a young bird, club and fed? so it wasnt unhealthy just sick for a short while?
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Good post Martyn.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Very Happy Cheers Gaz, I always try to give advice based on my own experiences over many years. Hope this helps Rene I dont think you should panic just look at it daily first.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I use apple cider about 3 times a week and find my ybs are a lot healthier because of it, however I have found corn on the odd perch in the morning and a few fluffed up birds, but within a few days it stops and everything is back to normal.
Now the ybs are super healthy without any treatments and medicines, I think people see spewed corn or a fluffy youngster and panic, and give them anything and everything available which in my opinion makes it worst. but theres no need for it all as its only natural.
If you have children then you know they always have colds and sniffles and catch anything going but its all natural and helps build the imuneties up in them, and its the same with pigeons they do get a bit sick sometimes but doesnt mean they are unhealthy and need treating.
I once had a yb which was off colour for a few weeks, I even gave it a going light tablet as it seemed to be a bit light, that bird went on to win as a young bird, club and fed? so it wasnt unhealthy just sick for a short while?

if you get ybs then this needs treating no use leaving them to get on with beleive me youll end up with a lot of dead youngbirds , jmo, also if you leave it too long then it will be harder to get rid of, the earlier you treat the better
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:04 pm

IMO: I think what we are trying to do here is differentiate the difference between (YBS) and some other ailment, i.e. a chill, which will cause watery droppings, stress which will create watery droppings eating something that will effectively clear them out, causing watery droppings.
I think what Martyn is trying to to say, is that the signs of watery droppings is not necessarily Young Bird Sickness and people should not jump the gun and start blind treatment of antibiotics.
Because once you go down that road of blind treating with antibiotics, then you are doing more harm to your birds than you realise.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:37 pm

ive often wondered if fanciers do actually have yb sickness when they think thery do, i would bet a lot of them automatically assume because they have loose droppings its got to be yb sickness.......but what exactly is yb sickness ? is it purely a digestive problem, or is it some sort of bacterial infection.....? i think the term young bird sickness is just a blanket term used for ybs which have watery droppings, a hunched appearance, or being sick corn........

where has this yb sickness sprung from ? it wasnt labeled as this years ago...... scratch study

in my opinion, if i do think i have yb sickness, and its more or less a certainty, i would waste no time in treating with nyfuramycin...JMO
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:40 pm

DOSE ANYONE GIVE A WEEKS CLEAR WATER GUTS ARE CONSTANTLEY ON THE MOVE LIVER AND KIDNEYS GET MESSED UP ==== WET DROPPINGS
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:59 pm

That's a good point g, another point does anybody give light feed to their birds after they have been exercising/training hard combined with electrolytes in their water.
As you will know yourself, after a good run wouldn't want to sit down to a big roast dinner, because no doubt you would be sick.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Very Happy Both good points there, especially about not eating after a run, thats something I never thought about, a light snack instead of a large meal. I think we are all guilty of feeding the birds just after exercise me included.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:13 pm

that was a point i made the other night on another post dont feed ya birds soon as they come in give them time to cool down they dont want rammming with food as soon as they land
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:21 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
that was a point i made the other night on another post dont feed ya birds soon as they come in give them time to cool down they dont want rammming with food as soon as they land

Spot on G
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Gaz b wrote:
IMO: I think what we are trying to do here is differentiate the difference between (YBS) and some other ailment, i.e. a chill, which will cause watery droppings, stress which will create watery droppings eating something that will effectively clear them out, causing watery droppings.
I think what Martyn is trying to to say, is that the signs of watery droppings is not necessarily Young Bird Sickness and people should not jump the gun and start blind treatment of antibiotics.
Because once you go down that road of blind treating with antibiotics, then you are doing more harm to your birds than you realise.

Spot on Gary
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:23 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
that was my thought because i had watery droppings a week or so ago, and yesterday but today very good so i put it down to a change in corn

Spot on Steve
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Rudderfett wrote:

Good post Martyn
Back to top Go down
Kevin Webb
Chipping
Chipping
Kevin Webb

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:38 am

Rene A wrote:
birdy2011 wrote:

weres this other place mate
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:04 am

Kevin Webb wrote:
Rene A wrote:
birdy2011 wrote:

weres this other place mate

lol! :lol!:didnt relize its the same place ( merca systems mate )
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:18 am

i use mercasystems they are great, they get the stuff to you asap. some stuff is in spanish etc but if you type it into google it will translate it for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: watery dropings    watery dropings  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

watery dropings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2