Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby David Today at 4:18 pm

» Weather today
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Basket training ybs ? Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Basket training ybs ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Basket training ybs ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Basket training ybs ? Vote_lcapBasket training ybs ? Voting_barBasket training ybs ? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Basket training ybs ? Vote_lcapBasket training ybs ? Voting_barBasket training ybs ? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222760 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Basket training ybs ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Basket training ybs ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Basket training ybs ?

Go down 
+3
dark_chequer
IANYOUNG
David
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Basket training ybs ? Empty
PostSubject: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:03 pm

when i wean my ybs i put the basket in with them so they can huddle up together for safety and so they will get used to it and also learn to drink from troughs......

any thoughts anyone please ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 pm

yes david do the same leave them in a paniar over night in loft with drinkers on so they can get used to them ,
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 2:44 pm

How many birds per basket ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:25 pm

dark_chequer wrote:
How many birds per basket ?
25 per pniar amanda
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:39 pm

befor i train i need a bigger basket than one i have
i have one that hold 6 birds and then i have a big club basket wich i might use for training ...
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Very Happy David, for many years I have always believed that one reason we get so many losses, or atleast a factor in it sometimes, is youngsters not drinking especially if there is a hold over. I have tried different ways each year, but Im not always sure which method is best. I think leaving a spare basket i the loft corner somewhere is a very good idea, that way they are never afraid in it, as they can go in and out them selves. I think that for them to realy et acustomed and all drink properly maybe they should spend several days in the basket maybe a week. Just a thought Exclamation

However this year as Im going to have 2 seperate youngbird lofts in different locations in the garden I wil be trying this in one... Firstly I have had made an aluminium side replicating the side of our race crates, its been laser cut and is exactly the same, so I will be fitting it into the inside of the loft so the youngsters have to drink by putting thier heads through into the outer coradoor just like in the transporter. I even have a little light on just like the inside of the transporter. Lets hope it works out ok. What do you think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:43 am

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy David, for many years I have always believed that one reason we get so many losses, or atleast a factor in it sometimes, is youngsters not drinking especially if there is a hold over. I have tried different ways each year, but Im not always sure which method is best. I think leaving a spare basket i the loft corner somewhere is a very good idea, that way they are never afraid in it, as they can go in and out them selves. I think that for them to realy et acustomed and all drink properly maybe they should spend several days in the basket maybe a week. Just a thought Exclamation

However this year as Im going to have 2 seperate youngbird lofts in different locations in the garden I wil be trying this in one... Firstly I have had made an aluminium side replicating the side of our race crates, its been laser cut and is exactly the same, so I will be fitting it into the inside of the loft so the youngsters have to drink by putting thier heads through into the outer coradoor just like in the transporter. I even have a little light on just like the inside of the transporter. Lets hope it works out ok. What do you think Very Happy
brilliant idea mate
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:02 am

never done that before,heard of it but i have a old basket to try it so i,m on the look out
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 2:08 pm

do you mean you havent got an old basket ray
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:09 pm

hi martyn,i think your right in what you say re birds not getting a drink.......ive been told by quite a few fanciers about this problem, as you say....the only way we can minimise this is to do our best to learn them to drink in the basket/pannier, and also to try make sure they manage to get a good drink on the day of basketing as late as possible in the day....... Very Happy

great idea re the replica pannier by the way...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 5:03 pm

yes david thats what i use a club pannier what they go to race in so they get used to it and also drink in pannier as this is a must during holdovers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:55 pm

wonder if a lot of fanciers get birds coming home with muddy feet etc, indicating they have been down for a drink........have members had this happen alot....? wonder how long the birds has stayed down or if it has flown back on its way fairly quickly.....?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:57 pm

yes david especially on hard days
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Very Happy I remember years ago in the 80,s I had a bird home with very mudy feet, and even its breast feathers were muddy, I clocked it won the club and was 1n the top ten in the section. I wonder what it would have done had it not gone down, It shows that probably all the birds racing home that day had also gone down ..I supose the winner was just the first bird up again and off. very interesting?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:02 am

yes martyn, something to think about isnt it.....? who knows what they go through on the way home. scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:57 am

yes racing pigeons is all about the ifs and butts like a lot of things all you can do is teach them how to home and drink in the paniar but as from this apart from feeding right and getting them in race condition is out of our hands ,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basket training ybs ?   Basket training ybs ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Basket training ybs ?
Page 1 of 1