Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
north east loft Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
north east loft Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
north east loft Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
north east loft Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
north east loft Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
north east loft Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
north east loft Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
north east loft Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
north east loft Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) north east loft 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.north east loft Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
north east loft Vote_lcapnorth east loft Voting_barnorth east loft Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
north east loft Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
north east loft Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

north east loft

Go down 
+2
EssexSteve
oldstrain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:41 am

anyone think a north east facing loft is at a disadvantage regards form ....thinking of puting in some skylights
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 am

If it was my loft id insulate the prt that faced north east because its a cold wind that comes in from that direction, the plus note the back of the loft will get the sun in during the day and evening.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 12:13 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
If it was my loft id insulate the prt that faced north east because its a cold wind that comes in from that direction, the plus note the back of the loft will get the sun in during the day and evening.

yes i did line the front steve with 1/2 inch ply and has made a difference and i have put corrugated sheets on the roof them bitchumen type ones and they are raised from the loft roof slightly so am thinking if it be worth cutting holes in the roof and meshing and then cut out some of the bitchumen corrugate and placing a clear sheet of corrugate on top of that so i have a skylight and roof ventilation all in the one job study only problem i can see is condensation from the clear sheeting dripping through the mesh opening but i coul try it and if it happens put polycarb over the openings ....steve the back of the loft is quite tight up against a six foot fence so hade to put bitchumen corrugate on that also as it gets damp their due to lack of sunlight and has done the job its a bone dry loft
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 pm

i had that problem at 1st the loft was cold, then my next door neighbour said he wanted to cut his conifers down but would do it bit by bit as he couldnt afford to do them all in 1 go, so i offered to pay half i thought he was going to trim them level with top of my loft but he said he dont mind my birds and he took them out alltogether, now when the sun comes up it his the back of the loft as he only has a 3ft fence then the sun hits the roof at midday and in the afternoon the suns on the front, now the birds look a feel better get less bugs etc, it has effected them they seem happier
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:01 pm

i took some advice and covered all the outside with extenral PVC adhesive will now treat with a wood preservative george
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:07 pm

why put the PVC adhesive George does it help with moisture
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:16 pm

it forms a skin on the wood now i find the loft feels dry it fills up all the cracks and joints it has too have 2 coats george
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:18 pm

thanks for that george i will make a note of that i have some of that in the garage
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Good tip George.
I also spray the interior of mine with either Chlorcarb or Borax with a compressor and spray gun.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm

i was told years ago to never face your loft east,i,m not sure if the same applies to northeast but i would imagine its just the same
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:55 pm

peel bros wrote:
i was told years ago to never face your loft east,i,m not sure if the same applies to northeast but i would imagine its just the same

yes its not ideal ray but i have no choice due to space .....i already have taken up 3/4 of the garden space lol i got to allow the mrs enough space for her sunlounger but thats all shes getting i could put the lounger on top of the loft but the birds would never want to trap if the mrs was on it Laughing
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:04 pm

have you seen that double decker one in the bhw i think it was.now thats ideal.i wish i could afford that,what a space saver that is
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 pm

yes it was a smashing loft ray but i could never have that here in a built up area with the councils planing laws on pigeon lofts pale
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm

They onlt thing i would say Daz make sure the loft is insulated and you don't have a gail force wind blowing through it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

north east loft Empty
PostSubject: Re: north east loft   north east loft Empty

Back to top Go down

north east loft
Page 1 of 1