Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
respiratory Infections????? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) respiratory Infections????? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.respiratory Infections????? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
respiratory Infections????? Vote_lcaprespiratory Infections????? Voting_barrespiratory Infections????? Vote_rcap 
David
respiratory Infections????? Vote_lcaprespiratory Infections????? Voting_barrespiratory Infections????? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
respiratory Infections????? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
respiratory Infections????? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

respiratory Infections?????

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
doveside
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

respiratory Infections????? Empty
PostSubject: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi everybody,

I wonder if members can give their view on the above subject as to the best medication available. I have heard their is one tablet medication? Is anti-biotics the only answer to the problem?

Let's have a chat.

Regards,

Mo.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:20 pm

at moment i use tylan this i believe this is an antibiotic and it works quite well i have also used tylobiotic which i got from my local vet this is also quite effective but is also got tylan in it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:22 pm

hi mo,hope your birds are doing ok...by what i have read about it as long as the loft is very well ventilated the birds shouldnt get respiratory. i know its alright saying this but sometimes it cant be helped and the birds get it. ive heard a few remedies but ill read up on it and post reply again.... lol!
Back to top Go down
doveside
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:45 am

Thank you David and Iany where can I get Tylan from? I thought my loft is well ventilated do I need to add more vents? is in the gallery
Regards
MO
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:46 pm

from what i can see mo you have vents above high level landing board , if you put one vent either side of door at low level this will give you a constant airflow and should do the trick ian
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:53 pm

sorry looking at wrong loft cant seem to find yours
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:14 pm

hi mo hi ian, as ian has said, most fanciers put vents at the front about a foot up either in the door or at the side as this gives a better flow of air and gets it circulation...cant tell either by the picture if you have them mo?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi Mo

You must have a good ventilation system in place, because if you have no movement of air your birds will breath in the warm air which needs to be removed you get this in as lot of widowhood lofts when they shut them down and keep the widows in darkness

The best thing for this is to put chimneys in the roof to draw out the warm air to see if the loft ventilation is correct go to the loft midday seat in your loft for an hour and see if you can breath o.k and if not then your pigeons can not either

If it is o.k for you then your pigeons should be fine

Mo hope this can help all the best Don
Back to top Go down
doveside
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:55 am

Thank you Don and Ian My loft is widowhood loft I have got vent on the bottom and there is a gap on the top of 3" now I got 7 birds with it the numbers is going up only in pin no 2??
any treatment ? where can I get it I used Chevicet-T that was waste of money confused
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Are you 100% sure it is in fact an infection?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:35 pm

ive read some treat with antibiotics but is it wise to use them regularly
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Do they panting after exersize? Or how did you recocnize the infection?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:00 pm

The one thing i would doo was to get the pigeon in the hand squeeze the whattle and open the mouth and if you see yellow jelly (Snot) coming between the cleft in the top of there mouth then get someone to use an cotton bud to remove it be careful when doing by doing this you are able to clear the air waves from the nose area which in turn can help the breathing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:00 pm

not too sure niel, maybe brown wattles or sneezing??? hunched up, puffed feathers??? would be interested to know. bounce
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:28 pm

my theory is hold the bird with one hand with the other hand keep the birds mouth closed with your other hand not to rough tho for about 30 seconds if the bird struggles a lot its nasal passage has a chance to be blocked hence respatory also if after holding it opens it beak for air ditto
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:34 pm

how would you treat ian, either as preventative or as a cure?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:23 am

Iany thats new to me but if it clears the path ways then shall give it a try when i get some more birds
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySun May 10, 2009 12:16 pm

treat as treatment not preventative
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:35 pm

Very interresting, thats why i like this forum so much, always learning new things and technichs
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:48 pm

hi niel, some of our members are very interested in how your birds do in s/africa....and find it interesting to see if it is different from ours here in uk...were waiting for your results in racing and maybe you might pick up some good tips from the uk fanciers to help you beat your clubmates... lol!
Back to top Go down
doveside
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySun May 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi Everyone, and thanks. Here are the symptoms

1. Sneezing and coughing
2. Mucus discharge from the whattle
3. Swollen eyes

I have been treating with Eucylyptus oil, (old school way) Cotton balls all over the loft, soaked in Eucalyptus oil, wrapped with a stocking. I painted the back of the throat with an old flight feather. Birds felt better, but the following day as I cleared their airways, but unfortunately they still have the symptoms. They are not puffed up and it seems that they are eating.

Do any members know a source of a well tested of a medication not to prevent,but to cure it would be appreciated.

P.S I have got a vents in all sections of the loft doors and also under the speed trap and on the top of the loft front and back about 3 inches wide.

Regards
Lucky Mo. affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySun May 10, 2009 6:49 pm

i think you should take them to the vets they will also give you the medication however if you dont this will only get worse
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:15 pm

mo,been asking around for you and this is what i was told...

What you need mate is ORNI-INJECTABLE 0.5 ml per bird injected into the loose skin at the back of the birds neck.
Telephone - 07855 329555 Mr.Rooney cost @ £30 = postage.
Do not mess about get things sorted quickly before every bird goes down with it.

hope this helps mo... Smile
Back to top Go down
doveside
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:44 am

Thank you David you are star you always try hard to help me I will give him a ring
bounce
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Thanx for the advice David, im gonna open my senses, to see if we got the injectable too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: respiratory Infections?????   respiratory Infections????? Empty

Back to top Go down

respiratory Infections?????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next