Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» SEO Company in Chennai
louella stud Emptyby tharunjohar50 Today at 11:37 am

» Good Morning
louella stud Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:01 am

» Weather today
louella stud Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:19 pm

» escaped birds return
louella stud Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:42 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
louella stud Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:43 am

» Scandalous .......
louella stud Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 7:31 am

» yb national winner
louella stud Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
louella stud Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
louella stud Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) louella stud 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.louella stud Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
louella stud Vote_lcaplouella stud Voting_barlouella stud Vote_rcap 
tharunjohar50
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222714 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
louella stud Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
louella stud Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

louella stud

Go down 
+4
birdy2011
Don Webb
David
joe wheelo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:05 pm

hows it going lads just a quick one for yea i went online today and bought two pairs of birds from louella stud thinking i was doing the right thing to get some new stock and then i came on here and typed louella into the search bar and found some shocking reports from some users on this site, could somone tell me are the pigeons good quality birds out of that stud or are they as people on this site say rubbish. im finding it hard to get some good pigeons at a good price then came along louella's site the birds are reasonable priced so i went with my gut im starting to think twice now Mad if anyone has any feed back id appreciate it cheers lads..
Back to top Go down
http://joe081177@live.ie
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:13 pm

hi joe, good to see you popping back onto the site, as i think i may have said in the topic, we bought some good pigeons back in the 1980`s which raced well and bred winning birds, i havnt had any recently but thats not to say i wouldnt at the right price, i dare say they do sell some sub standard pigeons, but so might many other studs too.......i know of people who have paid big money for pigeons from "top" studs, only to put them in the bin. when i went to blackpool last year the louella birds looked spot on that they had for sale, and much better than some poorly bred birds also for sale by other studs......

i think as long as you havnt paid silly money for them, then they are worth a try.......JMO
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:38 pm

thanks for the reply david yea ive been busy in work and college so had not got time to come online im struggling to find some good birds. ive only stared out this year. this is my first season and the birds i have are average to say the least so i said id try buy some online and came across louella at descent prices so i went for it i was reading a post about the birds been like wild pigeons Smile i was shocked to see some of the post about such a big stud and well known stud. i knew i needed new birds after the first three races when im coming 20 mins behind the lads in the club not good lol! i have a couple of young birds breed by myself and on my system so i wont know untill yb season how im fixed but i know i defo needed some stock after them results im finished up in college tomorrow untill september so its all systems go im going to get stuck in for the yb season and try breed some young out of what i bought, ill keep you posted over the next day or so when they arrive ill be able to check them out properly, i was thinking bad move buying online after i read the posts i suppose its like buying a pig in a bag lol! hope your season is going well David..
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:38 pm

David wrote:
hi joe, good to see you popping back onto the site, as i think i may have said in the topic, we bought some good pigeons back in the 1980`s which raced well and bred winning birds, i havnt had any recently but thats not to say i wouldnt at the right price, i dare say they do sell some sub standard pigeons, but so might many other studs too.......i know of people who have paid big money for pigeons from "top" studs, only to put them in the bin. when i went to blackpool last year the louella birds looked spot on that they had for sale, and much better than some poorly bred birds also for sale by other studs......

i think as long as you havnt paid silly money for them, then they are worth a try.......JMO

Il second that David

Joe if you want pibeons from Louella Lofts if you have the time go and see the birds yourself and handle them then its your judgement that makes the dission

Like David says the 1980's were the main years foir the louella and yes everythings was priced for the working ma, but now the father Louella has died the sons have lost that edge and its just a money making thing to them were there father also raced in his early years and was not afraid to put his hand in his pocket

But its up to you Joe just remember some of the best in the world were either gifts or very cheap indeed

Money dont always get the best JMO

All the best with the new birds
Don
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:00 pm

thanks for reply Don if i lived over there i would of went over to the stud to have a look at the birds it was just something came over me today and i said i needed some birds for my stock so went online and end up on there site, then came on here and seen some of the post lol! i was sick to say the least so just said id throw it out there to see if anyone had anything good to say lately on the stud. i know what your saying about money cant buy you a good bird but if you want a good strain of pigeon in your loft you will need to splash out a little as the competition is feirce over here no one wants to give you a gift of a bird i havent got offerd by anyone in my club lol! then i read another persons post on this and they were saying that people in your own club are not going to give you there pigeons to beat them with which is a fair point so thats what pushed me into the buy with all that in mind. Don hope your season is going well!!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:08 pm

guess you will get many views on the subject joe

but to be honset for the amount of birds they turn out the win rate is very poor

like david said back in the eighties they were good quality birds

i went to louella a bout a year ago on a sunday morning around about 12pm

aprroxx 150 birds on sale and to ne honest the lot wanted a big black bag

there were only 2 other people there that day and to say they looked pissed off

would be an understate ment i live 10 mile from the stud but wont be going again

i was only there five mins

dont let camara tricks fool you on there site either

and a lot of the young birds have set back

and last thing is there aftersales is sh**e

sorry if i sound harsh and i had good birds from them in the 80 but like some say louella is like a lot now money money money
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:37 pm

ok then lol! thanks for the post birdyman and i take it you know what your talking about thats the thing about buying online they can buff the pigeons up. i cant wait to get them to be honest, they where 2008 cock and a 2012 hen so its hard to say about the hen but im sure the cock was kept that length of time in a stud for a reason well i hope Smile it was a good reason, the hen has years yet and will give me some good young im sure and then its up to me how the yb's turn out i suppose i was buying the strain rather then the bird they have to be better than what i have at the moment as im only starting out and am getting left in the lads dust at the minute so im hoping i get something descent out of them. your right in what you say its all money money money but the other places i looked for birds were looking for alot more and the moment i dont have that type of money to spent so fingers crossed ill let you know when i get them lol! best of luck with the rest of your season
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:44 pm

not being funny joe, but if your club members are beating you by that much , maybe you should also rethink your management/system too, maybe if you post up what you are doing , then maybe our members may find something you could do differently which might help get that bit better performance out of the ones you already have, and the ybs bred off your louella birds.......just a thought
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:45 pm

hope they are some good to you mate i really do

but you dont see many boasting of there wins

not sure what john weatcroft sells birds for but ask don web on a finer stock man you wont find

he told most people before they hit this country vandanabeelies were going to

be stars

don knows him well
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: louella stud   louella stud EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:21 am

thanks to all for the replys lads appreciate it. and Don if you have any info on John weatcroft i would defo consider buying some birds from him all is i can do is hope for the best with the ones i have at the minute from louella ill be back online tomorrow lads to check in and if i have the birds ill post some pics thanks again.
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:10 am

joe wheelo wrote:
hows it going lads just a quick one for yea i went online today and bought two pairs of birds from louella stud thinking i was doing the right thing to get some new stock and then i came on here and typed louella into the search bar and found some shocking reports from some users on this site, could somone tell me are the pigeons good quality birds out of that stud or are they as people on this site say rubbish. im finding it hard to get some good pigeons at a good price then came along louella's site the birds are reasonable priced so i went with my gut im starting to think twice now Mad if anyone has any feed back id appreciate it cheers lads..
hi mate if your looking for some quality birds i am running a bereavement sale at the moment for my old mate he paid a fortune for birds last year he won the old bird ave in what was one of toughest seasons for years plus another 2 trophys there is some crakin birds and all priced at a relistic price sean
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: louella stud   louella stud EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:29 am

HI David

i just seen your message now about my system/management here goes nothing. ill tell you's anyway just to see if you's can help cheers. i get up and bring them 5 mile up the road and release them in sets of two's and when they return from that they will be hungry and ill whistle them in for there food ill make sure they only have the right amount then the food gets closed for the day untill the afternoon. then ill let them out to fly and range around the house untill the afternoon when i call them in for a feed they will come in and ill take them up the road again for that 5 mile ill feed them when there back and same thing when they get back i let them have as much water as they can drink and every wednesday ill put some garlic in there water and ill replace that with fresh water everyday after that. when i can i get them 40 mile tosses twice a week ill have more time now im off college. lads im not afraid of some constructive criticism so fire away!! study i will also give them a cup of matrix thats the vitamins every 3 days i know there is not alot of detail in that like the food and that im using i have a mix made up from two different bags of corn. if anyone wants to post on this what im doing wrong or PM me please do thanks as i said its me first year racing so all information welcome cheers lads
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:31 am

[quote="joe wheelo"]HI David

i just seen your message now about my system/management here goes nothing. ill tell you's anyway just to see if you's can help cheers. i get up and bring them 5 mile up the road and release them in sets of two's and when they return from that they will be hungry and ill whistle them in for there food ill make sure they only have the right amount then the food gets closed for the day untill the afternoon. then ill let them out to fly and range around the house untill the afternoon when i call them in for a feed they will come in and ill take them up the road again for that 5 mile ill feed them when there back and same thing when they get back i let them have as much water as they can drink and every wednesday ill put some garlic in there water and ill replace that with fresh water everyday after that. when i can i get them 40 mile tosses twice a week ill have more time now im off college. lads im not afraid of some constructive criticism so fire away!! study

Joe !! I'm not going to attempt to tell you how to race pigeons in your area etc too far away Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink , but what I would suggest now is you attempt to make good friends with one or two good flyers in your local area & find out what breed of birds they have success with & how the feed/train them. After that lol! lol! lol! Remember !!!!!!!!!! Rome wasn't built in a day cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi ... I restared with pigeons after a break in 2008 I too went to louella and over the next 2 years I must have spent over 3,000 quid, I started a post about louella only a few months ago and it wasnt about the quality but the service, after buying for 2 years and spending what I did, I should have been on the christmas card list..lol

However after trying to buy another pigeon from them christmas time and getting them saying to me, MR RUDD WHO!!!! and after a shocking response to me asking to reserve a bird for me and them not sending me a picture of a previous purchaise, I decided to tell them to stick it, and I will never buy from them again as long as I live.

Going back to your question I think they do have good pigeons and have bought the best in the past in an effort to pass on good pigeons, although I have bought a lot of birds from them, I have had some really good pigeons from them who have bred well and still are.
I would go with your instinct and do what you want, as they are good birds for the money.
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling
joe wheelo

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: louella stud   louella stud EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:56 pm

just got off the phone to the woman in louella i should have my pigeons at 2.30 tomorrow a gentleman by the name of john miller is bringing them over to me so happy enough with them as far as customer service goes so far i wasent expecting a call i was thinking that the birds would just arrive so at least i know whats happening.. as far as the method im using goes that is information ive picked up off the lads around the club on how to train in groups of 4 first then groups of two when there confidence is build up so ill go with that for the minute i dont over feed them just fedd them when they have came back from training so they will hit the board quicker and trap for me, anyway ill just have to see how it goes with the young birds as there all my own breed and been on my system from day one hard to tell with old birds that i have picked up because they were not my birds from the start and already had bad habits so to speak thanks again fro all the posts lads ill keep you's posted tomorrow when i have them in my hands Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:47 pm

joe wheelo wrote:
just got off the phone to the woman in louella i should have my pigeons at 2.30 tomorrow a gentleman by the name of john miller is bringing them over to me so happy enough with them as far as customer service goes so far i wasent expecting a call i was thinking that the birds would just arrive so at least i know whats happening.. as far as the method im using goes that is information ive picked up off the lads around the club on how to train in groups of 4 first then groups of two when there confidence is build up so ill go with that for the minute i dont over feed them just fedd them when they have came back from training so they will hit the board quicker and trap for me, anyway ill just have to see how it goes with the young birds as there all my own breed and been on my system from day one hard to tell with old birds that i have picked up because they were not my birds from the start and already had bad habits so to speak thanks again fro all the posts lads ill keep you's posted tomorrow when i have them in my hands Very Happy Very Happy
hi joe , i can,t do much for you this year but if your intrested i will sort you some yb out for next season if you want don,t feel you have to have them but the offer is there . i bred some yb for a lad in belfast a few years ago and he flew talbenny with some of them as yb
PM me if you want for a chat . good luck .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

louella stud Empty
PostSubject: Re: louella stud   louella stud EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:53 pm

top man kev........ cheers
Back to top Go down
joe wheelo
Hatchling
Hatchling