Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:04 pm

» Weather today
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby David Today at 11:40 am

» APHA Forms .......
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby David Today at 11:38 am

» Good Morning
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby David Today at 11:36 am

» come join us
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
A second tip for the breeding loft Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) A second tip for the breeding loft 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.A second tip for the breeding loft Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
A second tip for the breeding loft Vote_lcapA second tip for the breeding loft Voting_barA second tip for the breeding loft Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
A second tip for the breeding loft Vote_lcapA second tip for the breeding loft Voting_barA second tip for the breeding loft Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222862 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
A second tip for the breeding loft Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
A second tip for the breeding loft Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

A second tip for the breeding loft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

A second tip for the breeding loft Empty
PostSubject: A second tip for the breeding loft   A second tip for the breeding loft EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:05 pm

When your youngsters are about 12 days old, put a half handful of food into the nest bowl with the youngsters, not in a pot like everyone says, but directly into the nest everyday, between the youngsters, because the parents are always hungry (I never hopper feed at all when breeding) they will go up and pick up the food, and so learning the youngsters to eat, you will notice the youngsters picking up straight away, and in a couple of days will be eating by themselves, the olden's will still pump them, but when you wean they wont go backwards as they have been eating for a fortnight, don't worry about putting the corn on the nesting material, some will fall thru but most will be eaten, also the nest is the cleanest place as the youngsters cock their bums out to crap. When you put a bowl in with peas or the like, nine times out of ten the parents will crap in it anyway, food for thought do you agree?

Please don't think I'm running down any one else's method's, each to his own, this is how I do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteoffsetprinters.co.uk
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: A second tip for the breeding loft   A second tip for the breeding loft EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Very Happy seems reasonable to me, they do crap in the pots, but not in the bowls where they sleep? I supose it would work. thanks
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: A second tip for the breeding loft   A second tip for the breeding loft EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:52 pm

sounds right what your saying fred, wouldnt have thought along those lines myself as id be reluctant to put food into the nest normally, but ill bow to your superier knowlage and maybe give it a try but as normal ill still fill a pot as i dont normally get them s******g into them.
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: A second tip for the breeding loft   A second tip for the breeding loft EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:38 am

David by all means put a pot of food in, but my theory is when you do this the parents are eating it away from the youngsters, the youngsters because they are curious will have to get out of the nest to see what mum or dad is doing, my way its in front of them, and also it doesn't encourage lazy feeders, with grub in front of them all the time, it's a definate no no for me, also my babies learn to eat at a very early age, which can only be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteoffsetprinters.co.uk
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: A second tip for the breeding loft   A second tip for the breeding loft EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:57 am

good idea fred going to try it
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: A second tip for the breeding loft   A second tip for the breeding loft EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:09 am

i put a pot in but in the other half of the box so that they do not crap on it,it still gets the youngsters curious to see what their parents are doing and most of the time they start eating early
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A second tip for the breeding loft   A second tip for the breeding loft Empty

Back to top Go down

A second tip for the breeding loft
Page 1 of 1