Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
loft stock and barrel Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
loft stock and barrel Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
loft stock and barrel Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
loft stock and barrel Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
loft stock and barrel Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
loft stock and barrel Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
loft stock and barrel Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
loft stock and barrel Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
loft stock and barrel Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) loft stock and barrel 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.loft stock and barrel Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
loft stock and barrel Vote_lcaploft stock and barrel Voting_barloft stock and barrel Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
loft stock and barrel Vote_lcaploft stock and barrel Voting_barloft stock and barrel Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
loft stock and barrel Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
loft stock and barrel Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

loft stock and barrel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

loft stock and barrel Empty
PostSubject: loft stock and barrel   loft stock and barrel EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Im starting up racing again after a long time out, and while Im savingup for a loft im doing lots of reading. Ive found a really good book called loft stock and barrel, its a diary of a suuccesful widowhood fancier from the 80s
Its not just information its the day to day running of hes loft.
The only trouble is Ive never heard of some of the old things he uses, I was wondering if any of the older fanciers on here can remember what they were and if theres anything
like it around now.heres a list.
Ridzol
erithrycin
glauber salts
minadex
fynnon salts

and what sort of feed is groats.

Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: loft stock and barrel   loft stock and barrel EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:14 pm

hi there you can still get glauber salts and minidex fom chemist . ur ridzol not sure but wud go with ronidazol 100 .erithmycin is still available but not used as much these days as its not effective as used to be was abused a lot in the 80,s fink birds gt immuned to it . alternative wud go with nifuramycin . but finnon salts not seen in yrs alternative use Epson salts . groats are very high in fats gr8 for feedin wen yb are in nest better if there soaked over nite lol hope this helps boosy m8
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: loft stock and barrel   loft stock and barrel EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Boosey wrote:
Im starting up racing again after a long time out, and while Im savingup for a loft im doing lots of reading. Ive found a really good book called loft stock and barrel, its a diary of a suuccesful widowhood fancier from the 80s
Its not just information its the day to day running of hes loft.
The only trouble is Ive never heard of some of the old things he uses, I was wondering if any of the older fanciers on here can remember what they were and if theres anything
like it around now.heres a list.
Ridzol
erithrycin
glauber salts
minadex
fynnon salts

and what sort of feed is groats.

Boosey Smile Smile A few there I've never heard of etc (Try the internet) Wink Wink Glauber salts thou "Sodium sulphate" was used as a tonic ???? to clean the birds out after a race etc by some. There was and old time tonic I remember being used called 4 salts, & that was part of it along with Magnesium sulphate (epson salts) Sodium benzonate was also in the mix. Sorry !!!!!! I carn't remember the 4th one "To early in the morning I'm afraid Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , thou even today I still use Sodium benzonate at times. Groats !!!!!!! is simple, peeled oats which is oats with the husks taken of them, I believe it's one of the best feeds out there (Think of porridge) Smile Smile & I've fed it for years, even now !!!!!!. When I was a keen lad, a long time ago Wink Wink  I used to buy peeled oats (porridge) & mix on my feed when I was breeding. Bred nice youngsters etc thou a bit messy one would have to say. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: loft stock and barrel   loft stock and barrel EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Thanks both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: loft stock and barrel   loft stock and barrel Empty

Back to top Go down

loft stock and barrel
Page 1 of 1