Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» Weather today
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Half Brother & Sister Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Half Brother & Sister 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Half Brother & Sister Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
Half Brother & Sister Vote_lcapHalf Brother & Sister Voting_barHalf Brother & Sister Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Half Brother & Sister Vote_lcapHalf Brother & Sister Voting_barHalf Brother & Sister Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222888 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Half Brother & Sister Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Half Brother & Sister Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Half Brother & Sister

Go down 
+6
Rudderfett
Knackered
Don Webb
David
friendsloft
Ginger
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

Half Brother & Sister Empty
PostSubject: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:57 am

Hi Lads I think this sort of thing has been on befor but here goes I have quiet a few half brothers & sisters, 8 in total and I was wondering if any one mates half brother to half sister and had they had any good become of it re flying or breeders just a thought please give your thoughts on it even if it only gives me some thing it may allso help others THANK YOU  scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch 
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Ginger I have put half brother and sisters together and have done well with the off spring I have also put brother to sister but these pairings have been for stock only, this is to get trhe blood back as close as possible with the brother and sister pairings not only will it bring out the best in the original gene it will also bring out the worse
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks Ken thats the kind of thing Im looking for
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Half Brother & Sister 029

Ginger this is a half brother / sister pairing I put her to stock and paired her to grandfather and so far have bred 4 x 1st out of her
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:04 pm

lovely looking hen ken,.........Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Thanks David
Ken
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Nice Hen Ken
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Ginger wrote:
Hi Lads I think this sort of thing has been on befor but here goes I have quiet a few half brothers & sisters, 8 in total and I was wondering if any one mates half brother to half sister and had they had any good become of it re flying or breeders just a thought please give your thoughts on it even if it only gives me some thing it may allso help others THANK YOU  scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch   
Yes !!!!!!!! I have done it in the past without blinking an eye Wink Wink  more so to get the blood back in the stock loft side of things. Quality has to be there in bucket loads thou Wink Wink as for the racing side. Anything is possible ?????, but I would suggest there are better way's of gaining results Ginger. Pigeons being pigeons Smile Smile   do tend to make a mockery of what is written in stone as such thou, by us so called experts lol! lol! lol!  at least for what I have found. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I personally tend to favour inbreeding as opposed to crossing because I want eventually end up with a winning strain of my own but nobody seems to be doing this, since the janssens almost all winning fanciers if you look at the PEDS tend to be crossing to get winners.

Given the fact that I am an inbreeder or at least practise it on a regular basis I never put half brother and sister together, brother and sister mating is the closest form ever and is closer than mother and son, father to daughter based on how genetics work.

I cant really see any real benefit from the practise on breeding this way, I prefer cousins or nephew to auntie e.c.t but defo cousins.

inbreeding really does concentrate factors within the genes and good and bad traits can be produced in very large quantities, if you like experimenting and have time to do it then go for it, but for me its too close for really good results based on the fact that almost every winning pigeon you will ever see will be a cross.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I personally tend to favour inbreeding as opposed to crossing because I want eventually end up with a winning strain of my own but nobody seems to be doing this, since the janssens almost all winning fanciers if you look at the PEDS tend to be crossing to get winners.

Given the fact that I am an inbreeder or at least practise it on a regular basis I never put half brother and sister together, brother and sister mating is the closest form ever and is closer than mother and son, father to daughter based on how genetics work.

I cant really see any real benefit from the practise on breeding this way, I prefer cousins or nephew to auntie e.c.t but defo cousins.

inbreeding really does concentrate factors within the genes and good and bad traits can be produced in very large quantities, if you like experimenting and have time to do it then go for it, but for me its too close for really good results based on the fact that almost every winning pigeon you will ever see will be a cross.

As always Rudd Smile Smile  food for thought etc in what you say Wink Wink.
But !!!!!!! it's that old Rome thing again, It just keeps rearing it's ugly head I'm afraid, for what I see. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:45 pm

It's everyone to there own I would say to keep the required blood strong then yes you have to breed close then use the youngsters out breed with the required blood

But I know nothing confused 
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks lads this the thing Im looking for I cant use all the the comments but I can go through them and sort out what would be the thing for me anyone please give your thoughts on it, it could help a few of us not just me if every one nose it all just think your never too old to lern, come on pile em in it dosnt matter how daft it may seam to some els it may help a few. study study study study study study
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:55 am

If you have 2 champions who win and breed and are brother sister then the gene pool is obviously good, I don't have such birds, but in that case I would say a half brother sister or full brother sister mating would keep that gene pool rich, but then they need crossing.
However there is nothing to say that some bad points could rear up from them because we all get throw backs in the families. But its experimental stuff really and for me its a bit hit and miss. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:03 am

Ginger wrote:
Thanks lads this the thing Im looking for I cant use all the the comments but I can go through them and sort out what would be the thing for me anyone please give your thoughts on it, it could help a few of us not just me if every one nose it all just think your never too old to lern, come on pile em in it dosnt matter how daft it may seam to some els it may help a few. study study study study study study
I will tell you a little secret Ginger Smile Smile Wink Wink (Just between the the two of us) No one else here is to know type of thing. So !!!!! "Swear on the bible" please "Don't tell etc". When people talk about line breeding/inbreeding & genetic's & throw in a bit of science or eyesign type of thing, in relation to breeding as the way foreward. I get lost "Big time" unfortunately Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. It may sound all to simple to some here, but I mate by feel & what my gut/brain tells me etc. In a strange/funny sort of way & I cannot explain why it is so But !!!!!!!! I was one of those last man standing types lol! lol! lol! etc,  as when the season came to an end & you had to present a clock etc I had that happy knack of being able to do it & did it for many many years type of thing. So !!!!!! what does all that trivia above, really mean at the end of the day "Not much I suspect" Smile Smile But between the Kiss theory & the basket challenge, I had a hell of a lot of fun/enjoyment along the way. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:29 am

Dont worry mate I will not tell anybody we will keep it to are self Twisted Evil but dont you tell any body on the bush tellygraphe its all ours Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 5:36 pm

scratch Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
If you have 2 champions who win and breed and are brother sister then the gene pool is obviously good, I don't have such birds, but in that case I would say a half brother sister or full brother sister mating would keep that gene pool rich,  but then they need crossing.
However there is nothing to say that some bad points could rear up from them because we all get throw backs in the families. But its experimental stuff really and for me its a bit hit and miss. Good luck.
Spot on Martyn I would say to keep the blood and gene pull strong mating close I think can help
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 am

my best yb last season was from half bro half sis mating
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:02 am

Thanks lads all this is for my interest as I was asked to breed half brother and sister together for one of my mates and I hadn`t gone down thous lines befor I thought I would get a bit of info, and where better to get it than on a pigeon forum and as you all no this is the best one, I have had brother and sister mated befor I think we all have but never kept them for breeding and by the looks of it it seems you can bred some good ones out of it you will get some robish out of it as well if you dont try you wont go very far
Back to top Go down
Joseph Vincent
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 11:45 am

Hi! I only had 1 pair on my own. The cock is 2004 and the hen is 2002. They are half brother/sister and both of them are winning bird and both produced champion. That pair is belong to my previous boss. When he retired in pigeon racing, I asked my boss to have a pair. Since I'm his loft manager that time, he didn't insist. He told me to select which I loved most in his breeders. I had 2 ybs bred from that pair. 1 is cock and the other 1 is not sure. The yb is so quiet til this time. I hope it's a hen so I can pair them someday. Since my pair is old enough, I removed the other egg and replaced it with a plastic egg so that they took care of 1 squeakers. 2 squeakers is good but 1 is more vigor so I don't let them rear two ybs. Now, I asked my friend to take care of my breeding pair and since he is racing too, he can breed them for stock. I only had 2 ybs to take care and before the end of December, I'm going to Qatar to find a work. My mom will took care of my two beloved pigeons.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Vincent
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 am

In addition, both produced good breeders that also produces champion. Let me correct, 1 squeaker not 1 squeakers. Lol!

Happy flying!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:04 am

Joseph Vincent wrote:
Hi! I only had 1 pair on my own. The cock is 2004 and the hen is 2002. They are half brother/sister and both of them are winning bird and both produced champion. That pair is belong to my previous boss. When he retired in pigeon racing, I asked my boss to have a pair. Since I'm his loft manager that time, he didn't insist. He told me to select which I loved most in his breeders. I had 2 ybs bred from that pair. 1 is cock and the other 1 is not sure. The yb is so quiet til this time. I hope it's a hen so I can pair them someday. Since my pair is old enough, I removed the other egg and replaced it with a plastic egg so that they took care of 1 squeakers. 2 squeakers is good but 1 is more vigor so I don't let them rear two ybs. Now, I asked my friend to take care of my breeding pair and since he is racing too, he can breed them for stock. I only had 2 ybs to take care and before the end of December, I'm going to Qatar to find a work. My mom will took
care of my two beloved pigeons.

All the best Joseph  Smile Smile when you move to Qatar in December to find work etc. Not easy unfortunately, if one has to leave home like yourself to put bread on the table Wink Wink. One would suspect I imagine Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing the eyes will be looking to the heavens type of thing. To try & find a flock or two where ever you may settle there. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Joseph Vincent
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:06 am

Hahaha definitely! Maybe some might going to ask me why am I always looking up!?! Lol! Well, I hope I could find a work in Qatar. To everyone here, enjoy the hobby! Wish me luck coz I really need to find a work as soon as possible. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:32 am

Good luck Joseph in your new venture I hope every thing works out for you
Back to top Go down
Joseph Vincent
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks Ginger! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half Brother & Sister   Half Brother & Sister Empty

Back to top Go down

Half Brother & Sister
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next