Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 pm

» Good Morning
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Parasites (tea tree oil) Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Parasites (tea tree oil) 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Parasites (tea tree oil) Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Parasites (tea tree oil) Vote_lcapParasites (tea tree oil) Voting_barParasites (tea tree oil) Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Parasites (tea tree oil) Vote_lcapParasites (tea tree oil) Voting_barParasites (tea tree oil) Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222883 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Parasites (tea tree oil) Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Parasites (tea tree oil) Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Parasites (tea tree oil)

Go down 
+2
David
Boosey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Parasites (tea tree oil) Empty
PostSubject: Parasites (tea tree oil)   Parasites (tea tree oil) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 10:12 am

I've been out of pigeons for 10 years, what does everyone use to dip their pigeons these days, or put in the bath, to keep parasites at bay.

I used to dip them in something called Pripsen, and spray the loft with Duramitex.
In the British homing world this week in an article someone says to put tea tree oil in the bath and it keeps parasites away.

Does anyone else use it, and if so do you use a spray or put it in the bath.

And does it repel those horrible blood sucking moths (fly). Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Parasites (tea tree oil)   Parasites (tea tree oil) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 am

hi boosey, I just use vinegar and salt in the pigeons bath water....this keeps them free of nasties (I presume it does anyway as they never have any)

when my daughter was at school there was always the problem with kids getting head lice so it was a constant battle sometimes to keep her free of them, especially if some parents didn't bother to keep them at bay.........all the over the counter products did very little to keep them at bay, but the use of tea tree oil mixed with shampoo used on a regular basis was the best thing we ever used, and she never seemed to get them once we started using this method.....

so I would say tea tree is very good for using on pigeons for lice etc.....JMO
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Parasites (tea tree oil)   Parasites (tea tree oil) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:46 pm

easitox tried and tested dose what it says on the tin one spot on skin back of neck you wont see a tic mite or flea and cheep
http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Easitox-Insect-Drops-6ml/productinfo/EASITOX/
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Parasites (tea tree oil)   Parasites (tea tree oil) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:43 pm

I use them cedar wood hangers you put in yer wardrobe to keep moths away I hang about 6 in each section and they seem to be doing the job ....wilkinsons sale them and have not found a moth in the drinker since putting them in atb
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Parasites (tea tree oil)   Parasites (tea tree oil) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Ivomec works good.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Parasites (tea tree oil)   Parasites (tea tree oil) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:51 am

Boosey wrote:
I've been out of pigeons for 10 years, what does everyone use to dip their pigeons these days, or put in the bath, to keep parasites at bay.

I used to dip them in something called Pripsen, and spray the loft with Duramitex.
In the British homing world this week in an article someone says to put tea tree oil in the bath and it keeps parasites away.

Does anyone else use it, and if so do you use a spray or put it in the bath.

And does it repel those horrible blood sucking moths (fly). Evil or Very Mad

Boosey  Smile Smile I keep well away from "the goodies"  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes as such, in regards to what you have mentioned. Everytime thou I spray the loft or give the birds a bath etc there is always a capful of tea tree oil or Eucalyptus oil in the water, with the likes of vinegar/bleach/salt. Never had a problem with either  Wink  Wink thou some could suggest you should ??? And  bounce  bounce may not be everybodies cup of tea  Wink  Wink but I regularly put 1 or 2 dropper fulls in the birds water also for them to drink. Strange as it may appear  Smile  Smile their are many things out there, that one can use to ones benefit etc if one is prepared to think outside of the square type thing.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parasites (tea tree oil)   Parasites (tea tree oil) Empty

Back to top Go down

Parasites (tea tree oil)
Page 1 of 1