Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
over the loft today Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
over the loft today Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
over the loft today Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
over the loft today Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
over the loft today Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
over the loft today Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
over the loft today Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
over the loft today Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
over the loft today Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) over the loft today 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.over the loft today Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
over the loft today Vote_lcapover the loft today Voting_barover the loft today Vote_rcap 
David
over the loft today Vote_lcapover the loft today Voting_barover the loft today Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
over the loft today Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
over the loft today Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

over the loft today

Go down 
+4
Knackered
George & Morgan
David
oldstrain
8 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

over the loft today Empty
PostSubject: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:56 pm

as I came from the loft this morning I heard a whoosh and looked up and saw about 50 - 60 pigeons belting along ....a bit early for training I think and what some people do eh for the win of the first race Rolling Eyes mine wont be going out for another 4 or 5 weeks let alone training ...when do members start to let their birds out and how long around the loft before training tosses.i am thinking 3 weeks around the loft and then 2 weeks training before first race
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:23 pm

I keep seeing small groups of pigeons flying over Darren, as tho they are training.....I presumed it would have been fanciers training latebreds maybe ? but a group of 50 to 60 birds is definite training I would say, and a bit early eh........ Razz
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:34 pm

read were a batch of 20 went over a loft to-day taking one of there birds with them it returned 2 hrs later they thought they were trainers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:37 pm

David wrote:
I keep seeing small groups of pigeons flying over Darren, as tho they are training.....I presumed it would have been fanciers training latebreds maybe ?  but a group of 50 to 60 birds is definite training I would say, and a bit early eh........ Razz

David, O/S quoted a wind chill factor of minus 5 etc here, so I would suspect they all may have all been better home in the loft. That being said Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you will never stop the crazy's Wink Wink being first to get there birds out tossing, no matter what the weather may be. cheers
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:43 pm

they may well be latebreds
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:44 pm

yeah some guys eh all for the first dash Rolling Eyes the season is long Smile
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:45 pm

rainbow wrote:
they may well be latebreds

not 60 birds George ...even so far too cold and wont be doing the birds any favours
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:54 pm

50-60 old birds and latebreds Darren is not a large team I remember back in the 60s some training this time of year and they nearly always won the first race with 140 members in the club a win was a win 50 years on they are still a top loft
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 7:26 pm

ah rite the way it was worded it sounded as though you meant 60 late breds ...to me George 50-60 old birds is a very big team it would be the biggest team at my club of which we have 20 members and by no means the smallest by todays standards but maybe things are different in other areas...if I had 60 old birds to race and was training this time of year I would want to win the first race too but I think its far too cold with a wind chill of -4 to -5 with a NE wind a headwind for the direction the birds were going is to me ridiculous and even more so with late breds ...is it any wonder not many lates make the grade if this is the way people treat them jmo but training in this weather is a no go
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 7:32 pm

my mate has just had 100 rings with 8 flying members in his club lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:39 pm

rainbow wrote:
my mate has just had 100 rings  with 8 flying members in his club  lol

does he win much George...?
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:57 pm

yes not only in the club but in olr his birds do the channel
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:02 pm

my birds go out everyday weather dependent threw the winter, so there flying well now but they wont be going up the road until a month b4 first race . my late breads wont be going any where until the ybs start training then they will have the comeback races Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:04 pm

mufc rick wrote:
my birds go out everyday weather dependent threw the winter, so there flying well now but they wont be going up the road until a month b4 first race . my late breads wont be going any where until the ybs start training then they will have the comeback races Very Happy

wise man ric ...big team flyers with 100 rings can take chances and no doubt their birds win in spite of them not because of them atb
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:18 pm

I've noticed this the last few weeks teams of pigeons racing over the loft batches of 15 to 20 going like hell won't be any good for the season
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 11:12 pm

David wrote:
I keep seeing small groups of pigeons flying over Darren, as tho they are training.....I presumed it would have been fanciers training latebreds maybe ?  but a group of 50 to 60 birds is definite training I would say, and a bit early eh........ Razz

Yes your proberbly right David being late breeds some time it's can be a few members who take the chance taking birds on good days only
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 11:19 pm

markevans wrote:
I've noticed this the last few weeks teams of pigeons racing over the loft batches of  15 to 20 going like hell won't be any good for the season

Your right there Mark have noticed small teams of 10-15 racing hard

In the past there has been open races in Bolton from Cheltenham which a lot of fanciers round here have taken part in

But the one thing I will say is if they are not late Breds they will only be old birds
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:10 am

oldstrain wrote:
as I came from the loft this morning I heard a whoosh and looked up and saw about 50 - 60 pigeons belting along ....a bit early for training I think and what some people do eh for the win of the first race Rolling Eyes mine wont be going out for another 4 or 5 weeks let alone training ...when do members start to let their birds out and how long around the loft before training tosses.i am thinking 3 weeks around the loft and then 2 weeks training before first race

Could be townies going out to the fields
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: over the loft today   over the loft today Empty

Back to top Go down

over the loft today
Page 1 of 1