Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
nightmare begins Emptyby David Today at 3:12 pm

» Good Morning
nightmare begins Emptyby David Today at 3:10 pm

» is channel racing finished
nightmare begins Emptyby David Today at 3:06 pm

» Weather today
nightmare begins Emptyby David Today at 3:05 pm

» The end of the RPRA Weekly
nightmare begins Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:18 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
nightmare begins Emptyby David Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:08 am

» Bacon & eggs !!!.
nightmare begins Emptyby Knackered Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:53 am

» Race Results
nightmare begins Emptyby oldstrain Fri May 31, 2024 10:14 am

» PR For Pigeons
nightmare begins Emptyby David Sun May 26, 2024 8:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) nightmare begins 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.nightmare begins Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
nightmare begins Vote_lcapnightmare begins Voting_barnightmare begins Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 223170 messages in 14013 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
nightmare begins Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
nightmare begins Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

nightmare begins

Go down 
+3
Knackered
David
markevans
7 posters
AuthorMessage
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Started to pair the yearlings to day and settle them in to their new boxes can't wait for the fighting to start
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:26 pm

I just left mine to it mark, let them pick their own mates...........eggs took quite a while to arrive but it was worth it because very little fighting. Razz
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Can't do it Dave I've got this thing about pairing for shape and size think I need counseling
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:57 pm

I think we all do mark, being a pigeon man is an illness.......... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:24 am

markevans wrote:
Can't do it Dave I've got this thing about pairing for shape and size think I need counseling

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "Shape & size"  Smile  Smile Sends me back etc to my courting days lol! lol! lol! somehow for some reason. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:28 am

markevans wrote:

we all like a pair with a bit of shape and size Razz
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 am

oldstrain wrote:
markevans wrote:

we all like a pair with a bit of shape and size Razz

Careful Wink Wink I know the hedgehogs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes are right up our a**e here etc lol! lol! lol! but we may have to watch ourselves with this one regards posts bounce bounce or a few may finish up on the banned list here.
That's it, the  alien is gone.  cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:35 am

decided after much deliberation not to pair at all this year but good luck to all members whatever shape and size you go for I hope you breed plenty of winners
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:07 am

markevans wrote:
Started to pair the yearlings to day and settle them in to their new boxes can't wait  for the fighting to start

Fun days hey Mark one box open at a time
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:05 pm

After a day in the race loft and stock loft I need some were soft and quite to go
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:52 pm

we leave our race cocks in there sections till january 31st then move them to the hens section and let hens go to the race section where the cocks were they soon pick a box then we open the door 14th feb or close to 99% of the hens will stay in that box and the cocks that been there all winter will pair to them a lot les hassel then we bring the stock eggs to the race birds some of the races we do breed off we find the yearlings settle better and eggs are laid within 10 days all the way through the lofts some a bit quicker the odd one later we have 42 pairs this year and all laid withing 12 days i dont think forcing widdowhood birds to take the hen you provide is right would you like someone to pick your mrs lol but happy birds should be winning birds
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:39 pm

I only raced 12 cocks so kept 14 widow hens incase some cocks didnt take a fancy to certain hens. About a month before pairing up I'd lock the cocks in one half of their box and let the hens in to the widowhood loft on a saturday afternoon just before dusk. Sunday morning shift the hens out and after a few weeks they had picked their own mates. Week before pairing used to open boxes and make sure they were all happy and no fighting. This was the week I would lock hens in one half box overnight then split again on sunday morning. Once paired no locking in boxes, fighting or messing about little pots of water. Yes it took a bit effort but no real problem with just 12 pair and they were all on eggs in about 10 days so just picked a few to try youngins off and floated single reared off stock under the others for feeders. Liked cocks to rear one yb each before racing and took hens away before they laid second round. Get a few training chucks in on drive to the hen but dont have her lay infront the cock. This way the cocks were kind of always on drive for the season. Only raced cocks but they raced as a team.

Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:43 pm

you have to try things yourself barnie following in suit is 2 years or more behind somethings may seem daft but try um as you do and see what happens theres no rules in this game for motivation
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:27 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
we leave our race cocks in there sections till january 31st then move them to the hens section and let hens  go to the race section where the cocks were they soon pick a box then we open the door 14th feb or close to 99% of the hens will stay in that box and the cocks  that been there all winter will pair to them a lot les hassel then we bring the stock eggs to the race birds some of the races we do breed off we find the yearlings settle better and eggs are laid within 10 days all the way through the lofts some a bit quicker the odd one later we have 42 pairs this year and all laid withing 12 days i dont think forcing widdowhood birds to take the hen you provide is right would you like someone to pick your mrs lol but happy birds should be winning birds

G your spot on again

But you have plenty of stock which allows you to breed and get the required gene pool which allows you to allow the birds to pick there own hens if you float the stock eggs

You lucky man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

nightmare begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightmare begins   nightmare begins Empty

Back to top Go down

nightmare begins
Page 1 of 1