Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Loft flying advise  Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
Loft flying advise  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
Loft flying advise  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Loft flying advise  Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Loft flying advise  Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Loft flying advise  Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Loft flying advise  Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Loft flying advise  Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Loft flying advise  Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Loft flying advise  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Loft flying advise  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Loft flying advise  Vote_lcapLoft flying advise  Voting_barLoft flying advise  Vote_rcap 
David
Loft flying advise  Vote_lcapLoft flying advise  Voting_barLoft flying advise  Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Loft flying advise  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Loft flying advise  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Loft flying advise

Go down 
+6
Rudderfett
stormqueen
Don Webb
birdy2011
oldstrain
johnnorm2
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

Loft flying advise  Empty
PostSubject: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi all this is my first post on here so it be nice to get to know you all. I was wondering when everyone considers the weather to bad to loft fly your birds. They are young birds but they have been loft flying for just over 3 weeks and do go out of sight for over half hour . Hope to hear all you viwes as it will help me out alot as this is my first year with my birds

john
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:55 pm

hi john welcome to the site...if its too windy or too wet I would not let them out ...down here today would be too windy too many wires and aerials for them to get injured on
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:00 pm

hi john i agree with old strain its to strong wind today they may get carried to far and may not face a head wind back also obsticals power lines trees
take ya time no rush same when training starts no rush
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Nice to meet your guys and thanks alot for your replys they help me alot it is windy here aswell.I was unsure if you was suppose to train them in the wind for them to have some exp in a windy situation. Thanks again

john
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:10 pm

na once they go out of sight for around an hour or even more then they know where they are but days like today just aint worth the risk
when training be sure they have had plenty of loft flights and been ranging away for a few weeks they normally stop ranging after a while then thats the time to begin training do it steady on nice clear days all the guys on here will help you with any questions
we do have a chat room a few go in there around 7pm onwards feel free to join us
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Thanks for all the info birdy. Thanks for letting me know about the chat room it be nice to talk to you guys who know what your on about

john
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 pm

i think don webs only one who knows nothing lol
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Ha ha there be 2 people now then
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:07 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
i think don webs only one who knows nothing  lol

You are correct there G, John you do know more than me you just don't realise yet

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:10 pm

John welcome to the site you'll enjoy it if there is anything you want to know just post your question like you have

There is plenty that will provide the answer you need

Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:11 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! :lol!
welcome john.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Hi AND WELCOME TO THIS GREAT AND PROBLY BEST SITE.

I am probably unusual as to my birds exercise regime and its for good reason, firstly I have some wires close to the lofts and despite targets swinging from them if the wind is very strong and the wrong way they stay in, and that's sometimes for over a week if its persistant, although I do try to let them out even in these conditions because I need them flying but I then let small numbers at a time.

Then there is the peregrine problem which makes me train in poor weather but this works for me, basically on lovely sunny days if you train your pigeons they will get smashed.

I have found that on very windy days over 15mph winds on the nose or side I train and my birds miss percy as he does prefer good conditions and the wind levels up the speed factor against agility.
Also if its very cloudy with possible showers and even some rain, I train as again it is better than a lib in great conditions.

So taking all this into consideration if you don't have the problems I have then only if its persistently pissing it down they should IMO, have no reason not to exercise in any conditions, but not gales either...lol
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Thanks for all the welcome messages guys i am happy to be on a good forum. Thanks for the advise rudderfett i did not let them out today as it was blowing quite hard but hoping for better weather tomorrow
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: loft forum advice   Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Welcome to the forum John, hope you enjoy.
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks devo nice to be here
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:50 pm

welcome to the forum john...... cheers
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks david looking forward to getting to know you all
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:20 pm

welcome john plenty on here to answer all your questions might not be the answer you are looking for but you will get one enjoy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
Hi AND WELCOME TO THIS GREAT AND PROBLY BEST SITE.

I am probably unusual as to my birds exercise regime and its for good reason, firstly I have some wires close to the lofts and despite targets swinging from them if the wind is very strong and the wrong way they stay in, and that's sometimes for over a week if its persistant, although I do try to let them out even in these conditions because I need them flying but I then let small numbers at a time.

Then there is the peregrine problem which makes me train in poor weather but this works for me, basically on lovely sunny days if you train your pigeons they will get smashed.

I have found that on very windy days over 15mph winds on the nose or side I train and my birds miss percy as he does prefer good conditions and the wind levels up the speed factor against agility.
Also if its very cloudy with possible showers and even some rain, I train as again it is better than a lib in great conditions.

So taking all this into consideration if you don't have the problems I have then only if its persistently pissing it down they should IMO, have no reason not to exercise in any conditions, but not gales either...lol

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "Probably" Smile Smile Interesting post tho Rudd & wise words for a new comer as such. Ones local conditions can vary so much etc with our birds & one must be able to adapt to what ever they may be in ones own back yard. On average, if the weather is total crap I know it doesn't hurt the birds to be locked up in a nice warm loft for a few days. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:20 pm

johnnorm2 wrote:
Hi all this is my first post on here so it be nice to get to know you all. I was wondering when everyone considers the weather to bad to loft fly your birds. They are young birds but they have been loft flying for just over 3 weeks and do go out of sight for over half hour .  Hope to hear all you viwes as it will help me out alot as this is my first year with my birds

john

Welcome aboard John Smile Smile You probably  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes have just joined the best little site going around at the moment to gain some advise etc. We may be bounce bounce a lot of nutters Wink Wink & know nothing types lol! lol! lol! but at the end of the day we will attempt to give good honest advise, at least to a newcomer such as your self. Also remember Smile Smile no question ??? is a silly question. But just be wary of what may appear to be silly answers.  cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 pm

that's was a sensible post from you knackered, steady on though don't overdo it we need regular injections of tripe into the site..........and youre our number one man Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 11:42 pm

David wrote:
that's was a sensible post from you knackered, steady on though don't overdo it we need regular injections of tripe into the site..........and youre our number one man Razz Razz

No worries there David you can count on me lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:06 am

thanks don, I knew I could rely on you to keep the tripe flowing........ Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:36 am

David wrote:
thanks don, I knew I could rely on you to keep the tripe flowing........ Razz Razz cheers

No worries boss your wish is my command lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:53 am

Don Webb wrote:
David wrote:

No worries boss your wish is my command lol! lol! lol!

Lucky aren't they Don Wink Wink here, when one has been able to cultivate the art of talking tripe ??? on the top of knowing nothing  lol! lol! lol! etc those here are blessed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to be in such company & they don't even  have too pay for the pleasure. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loft flying advise    Loft flying advise  Empty

Back to top Go down

Loft flying advise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next