Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Stock selection Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
Stock selection Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
Stock selection Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Stock selection Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Stock selection Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Stock selection Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Stock selection Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Stock selection Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Stock selection Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Stock selection 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Stock selection Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Stock selection Vote_lcapStock selection Voting_barStock selection Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Stock selection Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Stock selection Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Stock selection

Go down 
+9
lvlasked
Rudderfett
markevans
Knackered
George & Morgan
Don Webb
devo56
David
cowandchicken
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:37 am

How do you select birds for the stock loft? proven racer, eye sign, how they handle, pedigree, ect
Question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 11:21 am

I would go on racing performance chicken, and pair best to best.....I think its the most logical thing to do.
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: stock selection   Stock selection EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Its going to be my first year back racing this coming season, So to be honest its important when selecting stock pigeons, you have all information on the birds themselves. This is were i rely on pedigrees for looking at future stock, after a few years of racing, i should know what is in my loft for breeding selection. Well that is the plan for me, thats why i started back up with a 3 year plan.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 9:46 pm

David wrote:
I would go on racing performance chicken, and pair best to best.....I think its the most logical thing to do.

David that's the Belguim way of doing things winner to winner everytime regardless of breed
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 9:48 pm

proven racer
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 9:52 pm

devo56 wrote:
Its going to be my first year back racing this coming season, So to be honest its important when selecting stock pigeons, you have all information on the birds themselves. This is were i rely on pedigrees for looking at future stock, after a few years of racing, i should know what is in my loft for breeding selection. Well that is the plan for me, thats why i started back up with a 3 year plan.

Sounds logical to me Devo for some one in your situation etc. Easy to say "Breed off performance pigeons" but for most flyers they are not like lemons on a lemon tree Smile Smile & there fore the pedigree must play it's part. One must also look at ones nature/desire & decide which way to go in relation to sprint or distance racing also I believe, to help save time. cheers
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:29 pm

i agree with you dave performence birds from the race team to go to the stock loft but when i bring in new stock for breeding they must handle how i like them to blend in with the others regardless of the breed whether it be sprint or distance they must handle the same
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 10:45 pm

Two ways of answering Chickens question really, how do we select stock birds from birds we already own and have raced, or how do we select stock birds when purchasing them.....?
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 6:53 am

Nice thought David how about we answer both ways. I choose from my best racers and leave the pairing up to them. Stock from outside i only go to 2 places and trust them and there judgment as they know far more than me. As long as there sprint birds i will try any as never know when you get that magic mix Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:50 am

cowandchicken wrote:
Nice thought David how about we answer both ways. I choose from my best racers and leave the pairing up to them. Stock from outside i only go to 2 places and trust them and there judgment as they know far more than me. As long as there sprint birds i will try any as never know when you get that magic mix Very Happy

Magic mix Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Reminds me of my other favorite pleasure Wink Wink CC. Horse racing, & how people go about finding their magic mix for success etc there. No matter which way you spin the bottle with either of them lol! lol! lol! not many of them reach old age sadly, I've found. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 11:12 pm

I do have to make a confession about my selection, as a dedicated eye sign man its always the first thing I look at in a pigeon, I have tested it out time and time again experimenting with it when I can.

And for the best part its worked for me but not totally, and that's the confession I have attimes been stumped, confused, amazed and sometimes very surprised.

I will always bow to what I feel is common sense, reality and truth so when things happen that you haven't planned or controlled in any way then its something you have to admit to your self despite how much you feel you shouldn't.

Therefore although I have made eye sign work for me and can prove the results, it also has an element of say luck and inconsistency to it sometimes, and to conclude this I have to also admit that many of my best racers have been my best breeders, that isn't to say however they don't also have great eyes, but that some just don't, and that's the inconsistency to pigeons.

But I have used eye sign on pigeons I have no knowledge of as they have never raced and they also produced good birds. They are a mystery.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:11 am

when I hear best to best distance must play a big part best at 120mls and best at 500mls don't make sense to me
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 9:34 am

and i just thought them together and hope Very Happy simple lol
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 3:36 pm

rainbow wrote:
when I hear best to best  distance must play a big part  best at 120mls and best at 500mls don't make sense to me

I think best to best must be kept within the distance category George, if a fancier concentrated more on sprint racing obviously he would pair sprint to sprint....but I think Geoff cooper said pairing middle distance pigeons into long distance pigeons gives that little bit of speed/vigour and that pairing a sprint bird to a distance bird wouldn't breed the desired offspring....
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I do have to make a confession about my selection, as a dedicated eye sign man its always the first thing I look at in a pigeon, I have tested it out time and time again experimenting with it when I can.

And for the best part its worked for me but not totally, and that's the confession I have attimes been stumped, confused, amazed and sometimes very surprised.

I will always bow to what I feel is common sense, reality and truth so when things happen that you haven't planned or controlled in any way then its something you have to admit to your self despite how much you feel you shouldn't.

Therefore although I have made eye sign work for me and can prove the results, it also has an element of say luck and inconsistency to it sometimes, and to conclude this I have to also admit that many of my best racers have been my best breeders, that isn't to say however they don't also have great eyes, but that some  just don't, and that's the inconsistency to pigeons.

But I have used eye sign on pigeons I have no knowledge of as they have never raced and they also produced good birds. They are a mystery.

Martyn I would agree with you with regards eyesign as I use it for breeding papacies plus the pigeons has to fit the type when handling
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 4:25 pm

rainbow wrote:
when I hear best to best  distance must play a big part  best at 120mls and best at 500mls don't make sense to me

George best to best would have to be sprint to sprint or if you concentrate distance to distance

but I have known sprint pigeons which are poor sprinting have been sent to distance races and come back winning big time mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 4:29 pm

David wrote:
rainbow wrote:

I think best to best must be kept within the distance category George, if a fancier concentrated more on sprint racing obviously he would pair sprint to sprint....but I think Geoff cooper said pairing middle distance pigeons into long distance pigeons gives that little bit of speed/vigour and that pairing a sprint bird to a distance bird wouldn't breed the desired offspring....

Your right there David with the comment from Geoff but now distance birds are getting faster and I think this is because of putting a little more speed in to the distance birds as they are ready have the required stamina needed to last the distance JMO
Back to top Go down
D J LOFTS
Chipping
Chipping
D J LOFTS

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:49 am

winner to winner and if we have a good pair we will try say sis to the cock of the good pair to a bro of the hen of the good pair are pigeons that have bred winners two and the ones that have not we keep swoping them arond till they bred somethink and after 2-3year if theye bred nothink bye bye
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:58 am

D J LOFTS wrote:
winner to winner and if we have a good pair we will try say sis to the cock of the good pair to a bro of the hen of the good pair are pigeons that have bred winners two and the ones that have not we keep swoping them arond till they bred somethink and after 2-3year if theye bred nothink bye bye

spot on
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:59 am

D J LOFTS wrote:

sounds good to me ....cracking bird in yer avatar m8 atb
Back to top Go down
D J LOFTS
Chipping
Chipping
D J LOFTS

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:42 pm

the pic he is number 1 stock cock
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 11:24 pm

D J LOFTS wrote:

He stands out big time and I bet he's a right character in the loft???
Back to top Go down
D J LOFTS
Chipping
Chipping
D J LOFTS

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 am

fights all the time so this year we have put him in a pen so we can pair him to 2-3 hens
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Good idea
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

D J LOFTS wrote:

is he zwarte ketlair lines ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stock selection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock selection   Stock selection Empty

Back to top Go down

Stock selection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next