Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
loft modifications Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
loft modifications Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
loft modifications Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
loft modifications Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
loft modifications Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
loft modifications Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
loft modifications Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
loft modifications Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
loft modifications Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) loft modifications 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.loft modifications Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
loft modifications Vote_lcaploft modifications Voting_barloft modifications Vote_rcap 
David
loft modifications Vote_lcaploft modifications Voting_barloft modifications Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
loft modifications Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
loft modifications Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

loft modifications

Go down 
+5
shippy
George & Morgan
devo56
Knackered
Boosey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 pm

What modifications/improvements have members made this winter
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 12:50 am

Boosey wrote:

Coat of paint Smile Smile section 1 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so far finished. Has made the rest of the loft look sh*te lol! lol! lol!. Plan on getting section 2 done next year lol! lol! lol! & then it's a work in progress. Come to think of it etc Smile Smile it reminds me of some one here Wink Wink & his garage/paving. cheers
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 8:58 am

Boosey wrote:

More lights i have added, but i am very pleased with ventilation, The spuknics i had made give me more control, on air flow needed. We have had a lots of rain, so having the loft door open, has not been possible at times. Thats were the the spuknics have helped.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:04 am

none satisfied with the birds condition I also don't like changing even if it's food for me pigeons don't like change
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:37 am

nicked the wifes shed for stock but backfired had to buy her a new un Sad
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 12:47 pm

put a couple of chimneys in the yb loft....tweeked the front a little all done now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 1:09 pm

where did you get the chimneys from Darren ...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:08 pm

just made them from 4" sewage pipe and a mushroom cap and a vent on the inside of the loft on the bottom of the pipe it closes over if theirs any backdraught I also put some mesh up inside the pipe before fixing the vent to keep any vermin out
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:10 pm

right I see, how did you fix the 4 inch pipe into the roof ...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:16 pm

David wrote:
right I see, how did you fix the 4 inch pipe into the roof ...?

I used a 100mil core bit and drilled next to roof support so that the pipe could also be fixed to roof support on the inside of the loft to stop any movement...then sealed around pipe on the roof with a very good but expensive non shrinkable sealant ,job done
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:34 pm

right, I get ya.....good idea, and probably worked out a lot cheaper than buying one eh.

ive seen them on ebay and they were quite a few quid, altho havnt seen them for a while.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:37 pm

David wrote:
right, I get ya.....good idea, and probably worked out a lot cheaper than buying one eh.

ive seen them on ebay and they were quite a few quid, altho havnt seen them for a while.

plenty of sites about selling chimneys but at the end of the day if it takes stale air out with no backdraft and its dry and vermin proof then that's all you want or need
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:40 pm

yes true Darren, its the same old story....sell it for a pigeon loft and the price goes up, call a 16 x 6 garden shed a 16 x 6 pigeon loft and the price doubles....... lol!
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 5:31 pm

put another trap on the last section and put floor grills in on the old bird sections
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 8:35 pm

shippy wrote:

nicked the wifes shed for stock but backfired had to buy her a new un Sad

lol!lol!lol! Well worth a try thou Wink Wink But at least we now know whose boss in your household. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:03 pm

devo56 wrote:
Boosey wrote:

More lights i have added, but i am very pleased with ventilation, The spuknics i had made give me more control, on air flow needed. We have had a lots of rain, so having the loft door open, has not been possible at times. Thats were the the spuknics have helped.

Sputnicks are great Devo, I have them made of glass windows etc
"8x4". Fell out of a multi storey building Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! I just happened to be working on at the time. cheers
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Knackered wrote:
devo56 wrote:
Boosey wrote:

"8x4". Fell out of a multi storey building Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! I just happened to be working on at the time. cheers

OMG You could have been hurt, you lucky so and so, it was a good job you were there. lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:44 am

devo56 wrote:
Knackered wrote:
devo56 wrote:
Boosey wrote:

OMG You could have been hurt, you lucky so and so, it was a good job you were there. lol! lol! lol! lol!

The lucky part Devo Smile Smile was, they were double glazed Wink Wink   aluminium & pre painted etc lol! lol! lol! & I still have spares under the loft here for that loft in the sky, when I get the final call. cheers
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:24 pm

my mates re lined all the floors and fitted new traps for the young birds
got a few tiles to replace thats it then
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Just finished sanding the whole inside of all 3 sections took about 3 days, my hand is still tingling from the sander.
I hope that helps with the mould
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:52 pm

Boosey wrote:
Just finished sanding the whole inside of all 3 sections took about 3 days, my hand is still tingling from the sander.
I hope that helps with the mould

Hard work for nothing etc Boosey, if sadly your problem persists there Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

loft modifications Empty
PostSubject: Re: loft modifications   loft modifications Empty

Back to top Go down

loft modifications
Page 1 of 1