Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 51 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 50 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Vote_lcapIntroduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Voting_barIntroduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Vote_lcapIntroduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Voting_barIntroduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts

Go down 
+3
peel bros
oldstrain
blueskylofts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Empty
PostSubject: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:16 am

I suddenly realised that I hadn't really introduced myself to the members - so here goes.

My name is Phil, I am 62 years old, but about 35 in the head. I am very forward thinking and like to keep up with modern techniques. Unlike some older people - I do not live in the past, at least not yet! lol.

I am a Jewellery Maker and Designer, working in Gold and Silver. I am semi retired now after having a life saving Liver Transplant a few years ago, then having a couple of problems with 'The Old Ticker'. As long as I keep taking the pills, I am OK. I still make one-off pieces of jewellery and have a website at www.philongold.net - I do a few private commissions for those that want a very special piece of jewellery for themselves or a loved one.

I first started racing pigeons when I was 14 years old, then gave up the birds when I got more interested in women and sport, first cycle racing then Motorbike Road racing. I restarted racing pigeons around 16 years ago and did very well, winning more than my share of races, topping the Fed's Championship with young birds and in general, doing quite well.

Then I became very ill - for a long time, nobody knew what was wrong with me, I used to just fall down, my legs were like tree trunks and I blew up like a Michelin man. Then I was diagnosed with liver failure - nothing to do with alcohol, but maybe something to do with diabetes, we will never know. Anyway - I was fortunate, I got a new liver just in time. I only had 8 days to live, but they got me one in 3 days and the operation went ahead. It takes about four years to get over a Liver Transplant and I was just getting back to something like normal, when my heart started playing up.

But let us not dwell on that too long - as I said - as long as I keep taking the meds, I will be OK, and it's better than being dead!

In February of this year, my wife and I decided that we would like to start with pigeons again. I have been quite fortunate in being able to buy some really amazing birds to start my new family with. I prefer racing medium to long distance races but I appreciate, in the early years, I may have to be happy winning some short-ish distance races as I won't have any birds knowledgeable or mature enough to do the longer distances.

I am going to spend this year, 2016, breeding myself a good number of birds to make 3 separate families, then in 2017 I will have enough stock birds or breeding pairs to breed myself some youngsters which I can fly during the young bird season. I will test them and see what happens. I appreciate that birds that are going to fly longer distances may be later to mature and must remember this when it comes to selecting what I am going to keep at the end of the 2017 season.

Well, peeps, I hope this gives you a bit background and what my plans are for the next few years, and I look forward to contributing more to this forum.

Yours in Sport
Phil (blueskylofts)

Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:34 am

great to see a man so up-beat ...we should all live everyday to the full as we just don't know whats around the corner and what problems others have ,respect for being so honest phil ...enjoy yer pigeons and good luck for the future Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:35 am

One if the best introductions we have had on here .well done to you
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:36 am

thanks for the intro phil/bluesky, it was very informative......glad you decided to re start with pigeons again, and look forward to hearing how you do racing, and your input to the site.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:55 am

peel bros wrote:
One if the best introductions we have had on here .well done to you

Very true Ray Smile Smile with all Phil's misfortune etc with his health as such & to still feel like a 35 year old Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the man has a real positive outlook on life one would say. Unfortunately lol! lol! lol! being a man with a stick now bounce bounce here I'm a man in negative mode, as I feel like 105 on a good day lol! lol! I'm affraid sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:11 am

i`m not far behind you knackered, i was diagnosed with COPD 2 years ago and given a lung age of 100 years......so that means my lungs are 102 now....... Razz Razz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 am

David wrote:
i`m not far behind you knackered, i was diagnosed with COPD 2 years ago and given a lung age of 100 years......so that means my lungs are 102 now....... Razz Razz lol! lol!

lol!lol!lol! Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad Life is such a joy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if you win the health lottery etc. If thou bounce bounce you just happen to miss out sadly Smile Smile through mis-adventure, life then can be utter sh*te Smile Smile I've found David. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:38 am

very true knackered, but just like phil has shown us, we have to carry on and be positive eh....im too busy to be ill Razz Razz cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:03 am

David wrote:
very true knackered, but just like phil has shown us, we have to carry on and be positive eh....im too busy to be ill  Razz Razz cheers cheers

Of course your right David Smile Smile & Phil should be held up as a shining beacon of hope bounce bounce I suspect. I know for a fact lol! lol! lol! if I can get my socks on first thing in the morning, without calling for help Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what happens for the rest of the day is all on the bonus side etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:18 am

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
very true knackered, but just like phil has shown us, we have to carry on and be positive eh....im too busy to be ill  Razz Razz cheers cheers

Of course your right David Smile Smile & Phil should be held up as a shining beacon of hope bounce bounce I suspect. I know for a fact lol! lol! lol! if I can get my socks on first thing in the morning, without calling for help Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what happens for the rest of the day is all on the bonus side etc. cheers

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Phil that's a great introduction and I wish you all the best for the future with your health and the pigeons and fingers crossed see you on the front of the magazines for winning a national

All the best Phil
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:13 am

Don Webb wrote:
Phil that's a great introduction and I wish you all the best for the future with your health and the pigeons and fingers crossed see you on the front of the magazines for winning a national

All the best Phil

Hi Don - Thanks for your wishes. I intend to live every day to it's Fullest. After all, how many of us know how long we have to live!

One's health, is probably the most important thing we possess - We would do well to bear that in mind when we are swigging that extra pint or lighting up yet another 'killer fag'!

I am not preaching - everybody has the right to do what they want with their bodies - but what we do to our bodies might be doing it harm.

And even if we are living a 'Good' life, trying to be good to our bodies and to those around us - we can still get "Splashed by a car" or killed by some idiot driving like crazy.

Crumbs - all that sounds a bit Heavy Man - but, all I am saying is - try to be good to yourself and to others.

Everyone - Keep well
Phil

Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:03 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Don Webb wrote:

All the best Phil

Hi Don  -  Thanks for your wishes.  I intend to live every day to it's Fullest.  After all, how many of us know how long we have to live!

One's health, is probably the most important thing we possess - We would do well to bear that in mind when we are swigging that extra pint or lighting up yet another 'killer fag'!

I am not preaching - everybody has the right to do what they want with their bodies - but what we do to our bodies might be doing it harm.  

And even if we are living a 'Good' life, trying to be good to our bodies and to those around us - we can still get "Splashed by a car" or killed by some idiot driving like crazy.

Crumbs - all that sounds a bit Heavy Man - but, all I am saying is - try to be good to yourself and to others.

Everyone - Keep well
Phil

SmileSmile Preachers are banned here Phil Smile Smile & don't worry about the heavy scenario lol! lol! lol! most of us here get the picture Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 am

phil live every day as if its your last because one day it will be sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:49 am

shippy wrote:

phil live every day as if its your last because one day it will be sunny sunny sunny

voice of doom shippy.........you've just spoilt my day. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:15 am

Or the first day of the rest of your life
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 11:30 am

shippy wrote:

lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol!lol! any chance Shippy Smile Smile of changing your pseudonym etc to Mr Doom & Gloom  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes just to brighting the site here on a daily basis Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:58 pm

was it spike milligan had wrote on his head stone "I told you I was ill", I think he had been telling everyone for a bout 30 years......... Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:30 am

David wrote:
was it spike milligan had wrote on his head stone "I told you I was ill", I think he had been telling everyone for a bout 30 years......... Razz Razz lol!

Now I understand all David Smile Smile Shippy is a close relation of Spike's Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes by birth I suspect bounce bounce  lol!  lol! & has the plot next door to him, for when the big day arrives etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:38 am

peel bros wrote:
Or the first day of the rest of your life

Gotcha Ray  Smile  Smile. Oh the joy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! of sitting down at the local coffee club etc bounce bounce with all the departed frustrated pigeon flyers from the past there, as such Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 am

I got up this morning at 4.45 to sort some ybs out and if this is the start of nice weather I will be doing it everyday to let my hens out .maybe not as early as that but not far away..This is what gives you the buzz when racing and getting the rewards at the end of the week
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:48 am

4.45 is the middle of the night ray........only time I`ve ever been up at that time is for a p*ss.......... Razz Razz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:25 am

David wrote:
4.45 is the middle of the night ray........only time I`ve ever been up at that time is for a p*ss.......... Razz Razz lol! lol!

lol!lol!lol! I know your problem David Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it's a man thing Wink Wink. One hopes your able to have time to find the light switch there etc bounce bounce. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 7:47 am

its just a half asleep stumble on auto pilot knackered, even lost my balance once or twice and ended up in a heap on the floor........ Razz Razz cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 10:46 am

David wrote:
its just a half asleep stumble on auto pilot knackered, even lost my balance once or twice and ended up in a heap on the floor........ Razz Razz cheers lol!

lol!lol!lol! watch your post/mail their David Wink Wink I will send you a torch. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts   Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Phil from Blueskylofts
Page 1 of 1