Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
young birds dying - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) young birds dying - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.young birds dying - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
young birds dying - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
young birds dying - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
young birds dying - Page 2 Vote_lcapyoung birds dying - Page 2 Voting_baryoung birds dying - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
young birds dying - Page 2 Vote_lcapyoung birds dying - Page 2 Voting_baryoung birds dying - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

young birds dying

Go down 
+8
halcanada
Knackered
oldstrain
peel bros
Boosey
Don Webb
David
markevans
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

young birds dying - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 10:18 pm

who did the test mark...?
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 10:22 pm

think it was the maff but not sure about that
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 12:50 am

markevans wrote:
he's had the results back from the vet and nothing was found they said that the birds were in good condition and don't no what has caused them to die

There you go Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad every ones worst night mare etc. 17 in the bin Wink Wink an a apparent expert, tells him every thing is a OK basically. After that, I would be pumping the Virkon S into them for a week & then see how many more fall of the perch as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:20 am

if the expert has only tested for the basic problems ie canker, cocci, worms etc and found nothing it seems there are more serious problems afoot......do they do something called a culture as a further test ...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 8:26 am

David wrote:
if the expert has only tested for the basic problems ie canker, cocci, worms etc and found nothing it seems there are more serious problems afoot......do they do something called a culture as a further test ...?

yes they should or could do a culture test but it takes more than a few days a autopsy would have been the best bet which means dissection ...definitely sounds like poisoning to me I would be looking in the garden see what plant lifes about could even be neighbouring garden
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 8:39 am

yes I agree Darren, the normal worms , cocci etc obviously isn't the problem......its something more sinister........ Suspect
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 10:48 am

David wrote:

Surely the bloke David would have explained his situation etc with the amount of birds which had died there in his loft, when seeking help from the expert Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ???. My bones tell me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad the poor bloke must just about be ready to jump of a cliff, to take the pain away I suspect Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 11:06 am

worrying thing is as well knackered, did the birds get this through the race pannier, is it something they have caught off someone else`s birds in the basket...?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 11:42 am

David wrote:
worrying thing is as well knackered, did the birds get this through the race pannier, is it something they have caught off someone else`s birds in the basket...?

Many unknown factors at play with this one David Smile Smile I suspect. I would be locking the door of the clubrooms Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if he come within half a mile of it etc & I would say to him, dont ring me lol! lol! lol! I will ring you bounce bounce but I advise you to not hold your breath waiting for the call Wink Wink. With that being said Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I would take he has done all the annoculations as required in his area there. cheers
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 9:04 pm

looks like the corn was bad changed it and birds look good again with no more dying going to have it analized and get in touch with the supplier
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 10:15 pm

it doesn't surprise me mark, a couple of years ago my birds went off colour suddenly......someone told me it could be the corn so I changed it and they were back to good health within a short time.....it could depend on how the corn has been stored before we get it, mouse urine or droppings etc, or wild birds in it before it has been bagged.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 11:49 pm

markevans wrote:
looks like the corn was bad changed it and birds look good again with no more dying going to have it analized and get in touch with the supplier

I'm so pleased he appears to have found the cause of his mis-fortune Mark Smile Smile. Sadly an expensive prise to pay with the loss of his birds there, if that is the cause as suggested above. One just wonders etc if the legal eagles Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes become involved with his issue, where it all could finish up type of thing.  cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 9:14 am

glad to hear he got to the bottom of it ...corn storage is important for the supplier and at home ,you cant be to careful...cool shed in containers is best mind you i have seen guys with it under the stairs getting nicely mouldy with the heat indoors condensating it inside the bags ...the mould can be invisible to the naked eye
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 10:58 am

oldstrain wrote:
glad to hear he got to the bottom of it ...corn storage is important for the supplier and at home ,you cant be to careful...cool shed in containers is best mind you i have seen guys with it under the stairs getting nicely mouldy with the heat indoors condensating it inside the bags ...the mould can be invisible to the naked eye

Under the stairs Smile Smile I've seen blokes keep the feed in 44 gallon drums etc outside in all weathers Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & I didn't have the heart to ask them why. Strange people, pigeon flyers Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2016 10:49 am

David wrote:
it doesn't surprise me mark, a couple of years ago my birds went off colour suddenly......someone told me it could be the corn so I changed it and they were back to good health within a short time.....it could depend on how the corn has been stored before we get it, mouse urine or droppings etc, or wild birds in it before it has been bagged.

Interesting thoughts David Smile Smile. I would think "A fair assessment I believe" Wink Wink I have bought more grain etc from many differant suppliers down here than anyone on this site, even my pal Ray  lol!  lol! lol!  & never have I had the misfortune under discussion here to loose birds in such numbers as such. In fact Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I doubt, if I have had 17 fall of the perch bounce bounce dead for any reason in my time, unless old age was involved. I just hope thou the person under discussion here has really come to grips, with what was really causing him some concern etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2016 11:23 am

i did hear from a reliable source a pigeon corn supplier in wakefield near me happened to do their own mix.....it was a farm and they kept the corn in large sheds open for wild birds to come and go as they pleased.....so before bagging who knows what nasties this corn was open to.

needless to say they went out of buisnes
Back to top Go down
caramel
Chipping
Chipping
caramel

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2016 10:30 pm

I really think something else is a cause of death than dodgy feed. Loose droppings and loss of form can be caused by bad grains.

Death can only be a result of poisoned feed or a serious illness/virus.

Sadly I do not have any suggestions to find the cause except to have a thorough autopsy done on a casualty.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2016 10:33 pm

caramel wrote:
I really think something else is a cause of death than dodgy feed. Loose droppings and loss of form can be caused by bad grains.

Death can only be a result of poisoned feed or a serious illness/virus.

Sadly I do not have any suggestions to find the cause except to have a thorough autopsy done on a casualty.

I think your right there caramel
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 12:34 am

Have been reading with interest. Never had it happen so no opinion. Seed grain from the fields? Planting time here, seeds  coated with pesticides etc,. Mine have basically open loft. So bird droppings etc, I doubt if it is the culprit. I have killed 3 young birds last 2 weeks. Sour crop, loose droppings, just going backwards. Only common thread is they are young from 4 Ganus pigeons, bought last year. One pied Ganus cock and young no problems. I assume that all else being equal, and knowing the fancier, (he died last week) was great at keeping them is super health, meds etc, they did not have the immunity mine have. Obviously just a theory.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 8:49 am

halcanada wrote:
Have been reading with interest. Never had it happen so no opinion. Seed grain from the fields? Planting time here, seeds  coated with pesticides etc,. Mine have basically open loft. So bird droppings etc, I doubt if it is the culprit. I have killed 3 young birds last 2 weeks. Sour crop, loose droppings, just going backwards. Only common thread is they are young from 4 Ganus pigeons, bought last year. One pied Ganus cock and young no problems. I assume that all else being equal, and knowing the fancier, (he died last week) was great at keeping them is super health, meds etc, they did not have the immunity mine have. Obviously just a theory.

Great " OLD" Smile Smile minds think a like Hal Wink Wink as when I first read the post by Mark I first thought to my-self this bloke has gone over board with the clean, clean trick there & as you said, the immunity of the pigeons was shot to pieces when they struck trouble in the loft & had nothing to fight the infection/decease what ever it may have been at the time. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 9:11 am

does either of you chaps think illness, such as paratyphoid can be carried from parents who have had it to their ybs......could this be the reason some fanciers get poor % of eggs hatching, or regularly only one egg hatching ?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2016 11:26 am

David wrote:
does either of you chaps think illness, such as paratyphoid can be carried from parents who have had it to their ybs......could this be the reason some fanciers get poor % of eggs hatching, or regularly only one egg hatching ?

Paratyphoid, is something I have never experienced etc David here & has not ever been a real concern for those in my area as such for what I know. By what I have read thou it can be passed through into the egg in certain cases I believe & as such would effect the hatching rate at times sadly. History tell's me I have more of a concern with certain birds being carriers of canker & I tend to always find the odd pair that pump out babies with navel canker in the nest, for some reason which can be disappointing at times. On the whole thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I find my birds are as tough as nails & for the most part medication is a non issue here in the breeding season. Except lol! lol! lol! for the old Bi - Carb Soda trick Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: young birds dying   young birds dying - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

young birds dying
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2