Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» Weather today
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Good Morning
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Pigeon Missing...??? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Pigeon Missing...??? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

Marcdvc11

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Pigeon Missing...??? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Pigeon Missing...??? Vote_lcapPigeon Missing...??? Voting_barPigeon Missing...??? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Pigeon Missing...??? Vote_lcapPigeon Missing...??? Voting_barPigeon Missing...??? Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222873 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Pigeon Missing...??? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Pigeon Missing...??? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Pigeon Missing...???

Go down 
+3
Lofty
barnie
David
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Pigeon Missing...??? Empty
PostSubject: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 3:51 pm

just been feeding birds and cleaning a couple of sections out and noticed a 3 year old cock missing......I don't know how long its been gone but cant see any signs of rodent holes or signs someone has broke into the loft, all ive always had is a 2 inch gap at roof level, front and back and a pigeon has never escaped through there.

any thoughts anyone... scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 4:45 pm

Sneaked past you and out the door? Is he settled or prisoner stock David?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 5:11 pm

never been settled colin, I got him as a yb off another fancier and hes never been out at my loft......he was around 3 years old by what I can remember.

I cant see him sneaking past me, but I can never say never........ lol!

how long hes been gone for ive no idea, I only noticed today......he could have been gone for weeks..... scratch study
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

If you've had him as a yb and for 3 years surely he'd be settled to your loft, maybe he sneaked out and the local moggie got him, sneaky little rat bags are those moggies
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 6:03 pm

its certainly a mystery lofty, he wasn't bred at my loft so never went out.......I bred a couple of ybs this season just gone and I know one of them scored racing, the other one was a latebred yb and went to one of our members who recently told me it had made a very nice bird and he had high hopes for it.
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 pm

You really need to sort your birds out David lol! lol! , you got far to many, just can't keep an eye on them all lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 6:18 pm

you want some lofty...? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 4:31 am

Always a problem when a bird disappears. I am fortunate. Broke all the stock birds years ago. And lost a few. Ganus bird I bought last year escaped few days after getting him. Aviary blew off. Windy and snow. 3 year old, never been out in his life. Flew to the ground few hundred yards away. Getting dark. Opened the door walked him back in. Took almost an hour. He flies out now.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:55 am

sorry to hear that david ...make sure the 2 inch gap at roof level is meshed over or push mesh into the gaps I am not saying bird got out that way but this time of year predators are moving in and you be surprised what can get into a 2 inch gap ...stoats ,rats etc.make sure the loft is secure for piece of mind
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 11:09 am

have gap like you david, mesh al round now due to one white hen flying up and squeezing through to get in cock section, couldn't believe it till I saw myself
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Yes these narrow back birds will get through the smallest of gap's the way to stop em is feed em a bit More ( just joking) its very annoying when one goes missing and you don't no where to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pigeon Missing...???   Pigeon Missing...??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pigeon Missing...???
Page 1 of 1