Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Why do every body clean Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
Why do every body clean Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Why do every body clean Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Why do every body clean Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Why do every body clean Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Why do every body clean Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Why do every body clean Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Why do every body clean Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Why do every body clean Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Why do every body clean 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 79 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Why do every body clean Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Why do every body clean Vote_lcapWhy do every body clean Voting_barWhy do every body clean Vote_rcap 
David
Why do every body clean Vote_lcapWhy do every body clean Voting_barWhy do every body clean Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Why do every body clean Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Why do every body clean Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Why do every body clean

Go down 
+4
Rudderfett
David
steve1952
Ginger
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

Why do every body clean Empty
PostSubject: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 pm

I was wandering why a lot of people clean out every day? in my day we cleaned out onece a moth if they were lucky and we did not see all the sickness ther is around today is it that a lot of people are getting brainwashed
you even take people wash your hands after this and that or you might catch this, with all the stuff that is around hiv cancer heart atac and everything ell`s
I think the world is going abit over the top.back to pigeons you have to give them this it will make fly faster if they go any faster they will catch thear self up coming back
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 pm

i clean out 6 days a week never clean on sunday, but monday i clean and disinfect perches nest boxes, mainly to check droppings daily
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:45 pm

hi ginger, i clean out my perches every day but have laysoft horse bedding on the floor in the stock shed and ob section.....i like to clean the ybs out every day partly for myself and partly because i think its better for the birds ie not as dusty etc, altho i have heard of fanciers who never clean out who win out of turn so i think its mainly down to personal choice.....

re. the world going mad ginger.......i totally agree but dont want to say too much on internet..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm

Ian Im not saying its right or wrong but why do you clean out every day you said to cheak the dropings, I clean once a week
and i can tell stright away if the dropings are good or bad, mind I am home all day
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:01 pm

i used to have easi bed on floor but took it out too dusty, its just my preference cleaning daily
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:05 pm

i like the bedding steve but the worst thing is when it sticks to your shoes and it gets dragged all over the garden and house...... Very Happy wife keeps saying whats this stuff all over? i just tell her ive no idea.......... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:06 pm

yes i noticed all over outside lol!
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 pm

David by the sound of it you dont have lot of ventalation if you have dust you haven`t got it right
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 am

Very Happy Well I used to be mad cleaning, everyday maybe 3 times. but I stil had sick birds sometimes. I now clean perches everyday to check droppings, lofts get cleand twice a week stock loft once a month but has deap litter on floor. I kno a man locally to me never cleans out and has muck on floor from 4 years ago and he doesnt get any more sick birds than anyone eles, so Im not convinced clean lofts are the healthy ones.good management and cleaning of feeders and drinkers more important I think than the floors.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 am

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy Well I used to be mad cleaning, everyday maybe 3 times. but I stil had sick birds sometimes. I now clean perches everyday to check droppings, lofts get cleand twice a week stock loft once a month but has deap litter on floor. I kno a man locally to me never cleans out and has muck on floor from 4 years ago and he doesnt get any more sick birds than anyone eles, so Im not convinced clean lofts are the healthy ones.good management and cleaning of feeders and drinkers more important I think than the floors.
i agree martyn drinkers and feeders cleaned are main things
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Ginger169 wrote:
David by the sound of it you dont have lot of ventalation if you have dust you haven`t got it right

yes ginger you are right, i really should get some vents in each door at least..........when ken came to visit for the first time i asked him if there was anything more i should do to my lofts, he said he thought they were ok apart from not enough ventilation........i usually clean out and then ue floor whitener but have to be careful to brush as much up as i can, dont know if its wise right now to start altering my loft but it is one job i really need to get sorted... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Very Happy David you cant have enough ventilation, My attic loft has excellent ventilation , and has 1 window, the other day I left it open as the wind was coming that way, It was blowing a gale in the loft even the birds at the back of the loft on the perches were being buffeted, the feathers on them were all over the place, thats ventilation! cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 pm

need to get my aviery sorted as soon as poss for the stock shed...........have the door open during the day with a wire iner door but not as good as an aviery. Mad
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:54 pm

It is everyone to there own, but i like to clean out the loft everyday in the racing season, and every week in the closed season

But yes i know fanciers who don't clean out fromone year to the next and still win very much
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:01 am

i give fresh water every day, and in the water i sometimes add vitamins. garlic or something else.....but a visitor to my lofts who is a good flyer and has visited some top lofts once told me that some of these top flyers drinkers have green in them and the birds are winning out of turn...........makes you think doesnt it ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:12 am

David a fancier in my old club Colin he never changed the water and the water fountains were full of algi but he won a number of prizes or i should say was never fair away
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:06 pm

i think as long as the loft is dry and the droppings are dry then its fine.i find during the winter the dropping tend not to dry out so i clean more during the winter.al in all i usually just give the loft a good clean out on a sunday.i scrape around squeekers bowls every couple of days but clean out the drinkers and change the water daily.i have a cloth with diluted bleach and give the drinker a good clean.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Don there is a fancier in my club who never cleans anything realy, his drinkers are green, he said hes frightened to clean them, he topped the fed 3 times last year???
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 pm

i can,t stand a dirty loft it does my head in i clean every thing and spray
every thing with bleach . i know it wount make my birds any better but it makes me feel better
i tend not to clean out every day in winter due to time . but in the racing season every day if i go to other peoples lofts and they dont clean out it makes me want to clean there loft for them .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 pm

hi kev, read in a pigeon mag today the same tip you gave us the other night, vinegar and salt in the bath water....... Very Happy thanks ill be trying it text time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 pm

[quote="rudderfett"]Don there is a fancier in my club who never cleans anything realy, his drinkers are green, he said hes frightened to clean them, he topped the fed 3 times last year???[/quote
no excuse for dirty drinkers would he drink from them ,i dont think so
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:42 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi kev, read in a pigeon mag today the same tip you gave us the other night, vinegar and salt in the bath water....... Very Happy thanks ill be trying it text time. Very Happy
hi david , thats good like i said it was mike staddon in the BHW who gave that tip ive been using it now for 3-4 years i was handling all my birds yesterday even my young birds in the nest not one lice on the birds with the old birds sitting on the young
it must rub off on to the young birds and keep them free from lice and the feather texture is brilliant
all for the cost of a couple of quid .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 pm

hi kev, i read it in a mag called "the winner" in an article on a belgian fancier and remembered what you told us the other night.......what sort of measures do you mix?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:57 pm

DAVID wrote:
hi kev, i read it in a mag called "the winner" in an article on a belgian fancier and remembered what you told us the other night.......what sort of measures do you mix?
a couple of inches with the vinegar and a good hand full of salt .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm

thanks kev, will work out cheaper than the bought pigeon bath products ill bet..........and better by the sounds of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do every body clean   Why do every body clean Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do every body clean
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next