Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:17 am

» Good Morning
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 am

» Gst Filing Consultants In Chennai
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby tharunjohar50 Today at 7:16 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» SEO Company in Chennai
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby tharunjohar50 Yesterday at 11:37 am

» escaped birds return
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
2 ybs gifted out to-day Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) 2 ybs gifted out to-day 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 83 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 83 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.2 ybs gifted out to-day Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
2 ybs gifted out to-day Vote_lcap2 ybs gifted out to-day Voting_bar2 ybs gifted out to-day Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
2 ybs gifted out to-day Vote_lcap2 ybs gifted out to-day Voting_bar2 ybs gifted out to-day Vote_rcap 
tharunjohar50
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222733 messages in 14004 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
2 ybs gifted out to-day Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
2 ybs gifted out to-day Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

2 ybs gifted out to-day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

2 ybs gifted out to-day Empty
PostSubject: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 11:59 am

2 ybs gifted out to-day not certain they will be raced

2 ybs gifted out to-day P1080719
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 pm

cock and hen by the looks of it george ...?

nice little young birds, would be nice if they were raced and you were kept up to date on how they did .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 am

a chap has just come back into racing he says he still has the pied 2 ybs gifted out to-day P1030612
hen   ybs i gifted him must be few years ago
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 10:51 am

did you send any to steve george as i dont see him anymore now that i dont race
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 am

no Darren i lost his phone number but it has been worse year ever for breeding think i will pair up in November this year strange had birds lay last year but not this year those ybs in the box were years ago only bred 7 ybs this year from 13 pairs
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 pm

George, just my opinion for what it's worth mate, and I'm only trying to help you here, but if you aren't getting birds to lay or breed successfully when they have done in the past, you likely have a underlying problem with the birds health. Pairing up in November, only about 6 months time, isn't going to help you if the birds aren't right.

Again just my view here but if you look at picture of the box of youngsters against the pair you have just bred to go out, the ones in the box are a different class, again only got the photos to compare but those in the box look in fantastic feather and condition. At the end of the day you know your birds better than me, and you decide not to treat them for anything, but you have been bringing birds in from other lofts for a while now, just takes one to be a carrier of something. I notice you got a wire door, good idea, but are you sure that mice aren't getting in the shed, contaminating the deep litter. That's all it takes, mouse crap and piss and the birds will go right off. Or one of your imports carrying salmonella or paratyphoid, guarantee you won't get eggs or successfully breed .

Hope you don't take this the wrong way George, I'm not out to upset you. Just the opposite, I'm no expert by any means, but would rather say something than nothing at all if it helps you even by the smallest amount.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

of course not Colin few things bought some nest boxes birds did not like them they wanted to lay on the floor another thing i may have fed too much conditioner
seed i also split the pairs and they could hear the cock or hen in other loft think in the end i just brought in too many olr birds the cock on loan pairup very easy with one of my hens but the loan hen she is paired up with him but no eggs again i don't have sire or dam to any of the ybs in the box i wanted more raced birds and now from 10 cocks 2 are not filling eggs they are old stock
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm

ah nevermind eh george ....i tell ya what george yer bringing in to many birds from different sources at different times hence disturbing the loft every 5 minutes ,i bet the birds are not breeding well because they are not settled,nest boxes ,stock birds should all be well in place months before pairing so the cocks can claim a box and the hierarchy of the loft is settled well before the hens are introduced if it was me i would not be introducing a single bird into my stock 3 months prior to breeding season ,i know its difficult to refuse the fruit sometimes geoege but you got good ammo to breed from already so why not find out what they can do and get off the merry go round of stock,i wish you well george atb
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm

had too many unraced birds Darren had to bring in raced birds should be ok for next year
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

barnie wrote:
George, just my opinion for what it's worth mate, and I'm only trying to help you here, but if you aren't getting birds to lay or breed successfully when they have done in the past, you likely have a underlying problem with the birds health. Pairing up in November, only about 6 months time, isn't going to help you if the birds aren't right.

Again just my view here but if you look at picture of the box of youngsters against the pair you have just bred to go out, the ones in the box are a different class, again only got the photos to compare but those in the box look in fantastic feather and condition. At the end of the day you know your birds better than me, and you decide not to treat them for anything, but you have been bringing birds in from other lofts for a while now, just takes one to be a carrier of something. I notice you got a wire door, good idea, but are you sure that mice aren't getting in the shed, contaminating the deep litter. That's all it takes, mouse crap and piss and the birds will go right off. Or one of your imports carrying salmonella or paratyphoid, guarantee you won't get eggs or successfully breed .

Hope you don't take this the wrong way George, I'm not out to upset you. Just the opposite, I'm no expert by any means, but would rather say something than nothing at all if it helps you even by the smallest amount.
Tend to agree with your general assumptions etc Colin Smile Smile all things considered Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Mouse heaven Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad there by what I see down here Wink Wink & like you  Very Happy  Very Happy the box trick  bounce  bounce tells a tale to a certain degree, somewhat. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 ybs gifted out to-day   2 ybs gifted out to-day Empty

Back to top Go down

2 ybs gifted out to-day
Page 1 of 1