Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
bop attack today Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
bop attack today Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
bop attack today Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
bop attack today Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
bop attack today Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
bop attack today Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
bop attack today Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
bop attack today Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
bop attack today Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) bop attack today 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 121 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 120 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.bop attack today Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
bop attack today Vote_lcapbop attack today Voting_barbop attack today Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
bop attack today Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
bop attack today Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

bop attack today

Go down 
+6
Rudderfett
Don Webb
David
Ginger
friendsloft
steve1952
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 pm

32 y/bs on loft roof havent flown yet, keeping eye out for hawks, all 32 shot off cock hawk missed my face by 1ft got 1 of red grizzles on floor, i ran towards them y/b broke free but hawk got it again, it flew off after i threw scraper at it just missed, y/b shot under 1 of lofts so i went back to loft got 27 in then got y/b from under loft 4 missing, 1 hour later 3 back 1 flying round still out flying other 2 on house roof, 1 hour later i caught them 2 by hand feeding, the 1 left missing out 3 hours came back like a bullit straight in loft, just the 1 out now flying around, grizzle y/b it got has 2 puncture marks on back put iodine on it bird looks ok, should get last y/b in tomorrow, very lucky i think today

Last edited by steve1952 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Sorry to hear that steve i would leave the y/bs in tomorrow give them time to calm down, hope u get the other one in
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:32 pm

it will be in tomorrow putting netting up at back of loft, 2 barrels watching for it from tomorrow,
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: BOP attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:39 pm

I had an attack as well today one bird missing, at the moment I feel like giving up the birds and devoting the time I have left to killing all BOP I can to try to save the songbirds befor thear is none left Why o Why dont the RSPB SEE WHOT THEY ARE DOING?
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Ginger the RSPB do not think they are doing anything wrong, i listen to a programme on radio 5 and they were saying the decline in the small bird population is down to the severe winter this year, with everything being covered in snow thay could find any food so thousands perished, no mention of bop
Ken
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Ginger169 wrote:
I had an attack as well today one bird missing, at the moment I feel like giving up the birds and devoting the time I have left to killing all BOP I can to try to save the songbirds befor thear is none left Why o Why dont the RSPB SEE WHOT THEY ARE DOING?
yes i agree its a big shock when it happens to you, it asnt stopped me wanting to race but got me thinking some of y/bs bred for us are very good unsure if i want to risk it with them now, or stock with a big aviary it makes you think, but i will be joining you bop hunting
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Steve , Ginger fred as a good bop deterent which seems to work for him , he as a flashing beacon on top of his shed which he switchs on every time the birds go out, if you look at his write up you can see what i mean.
Ken
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: BOP ATTACK   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:51 pm

We should have a poster made up save 1000 songbirds KILL A BIRD OF PREY.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:30 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Steve , Ginger fred as a good bop deterent which seems to work for him , he as a flashing beacon on top of his shed which he switchs on every time the birds go out, if you look at his write up you can see what i mean.
Ken
will look into getting 1 ken, got a 4foot by 1 foot mirror at an angle between lofts where hawk comes through houses it did nothing
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:31 pm

friendsloft wrote:
Hi Ginger the RSPB do not think they are doing anything wrong, i listen to a programme on radio 5 and they were saying the decline in the small bird population is down to the severe winter this year, with everything being covered in snow thay could find any food so thousands perished, no mention of bop
Ken

ken, thats what we get when do-gooders are running things......these people do not live in the real world, another case of political correctness gone mad.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Yes your right there David scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:17 pm

political correctness is ruining the whole country don, and at the end of the day the term "politically correct" means that the government tell the people what to think and how to live their lives,what is right and what is wrong.....in their opinion, and if you dont go along with that your a trouble maker.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 pm

David you have my vote mate this country makes me sick always putting on the working man
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 pm

its a job i would do for free don, big changes would happen within weeks............... clown and during those few weeks quite a few would be hung for treason. rendeer
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Come on mate lets get the poll sations open for you
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Mad Thats the problem with hawks, sometimes I think they are worst than perigrines. At least with the perigrine if they fly to the ground or trees they leave them alone, but hawks hit them when they feel safe and upset the whole loft environment....blast them thats what I do...I have lost so many birds this year from raptors even today...I used to leave them alone if they left me alone, not anymore I blast them all.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:37 am

rudderfett wrote:
Mad Thats the problem with hawks, sometimes I think they are worst than perigrines. At least with the perigrine if they fly to the ground or trees they leave them alone, but hawks hit them when they feel safe and upset the whole loft environment....blast them thats what I do...I have lost so many birds this year from raptors even today...I used to leave them alone if they left me alone, not anymore I blast them all.

good man martyn, its war against hawks etc as far as im concerned........... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:08 am

DAVID wrote:
rudderfett wrote:

good man martyn, its war against hawks etc as far as im concerned........... Evil or Very Mad

agree with you both, get rid of as many as possible rendeer
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:25 am

friendsloft wrote:
Sorry to hear that steve i would leave the y/bs in tomorrow give them time to calm down, hope u get the other one in
Ken
what surprised me is, all 32 were flying all over place, i blew whistle within 2 minutes 27 were in loft
Back to top Go down
smilinassassin
Hatchling
Hatchling
smilinassassin

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:42 am

sorry to hear that Steve ...
pat ......

Shaken not Stirred

W & P Brown
PGW Lofts
Back to top Go down
vader
Chipping
Chipping
vader

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Steve, yes very lucky indeed,
nothing worse than a hawk strike, especially around loft ...
Hope all's well ...

We had two bad strikes last season while out training ybs,
knocks them for six!

cheers Bill
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:31 pm

still 1 out but flying round full pools if it comes in for channel
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:52 pm

has it come in yet steve............?
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:33 pm

no seen it a few times flying round, been at loft 6-30 till 5pm came down for 15 minutes for water for kettle, watching times bop about, hawks between 9-30 to 11-30 cock and hen, then again 1-30 till 3pm, 4 peregrines 3 till 4pm, so y/bs when they go out just after 5pm, 2 days seen none at that time,
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:52 am

i got y/b back this morning straight through door, it was going to come in last 2 days but flew over loft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bop attack today Empty
PostSubject: Re: bop attack today   bop attack today Empty

Back to top Go down

bop attack today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next