Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
any new stock ? Emptyby David Today at 1:54 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
any new stock ? Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
any new stock ? Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» Weather today
any new stock ? Emptyby David Today at 1:49 pm

» good luck weekend
any new stock ? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
any new stock ? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
any new stock ? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
any new stock ? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
any new stock ? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) any new stock ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 103 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 101 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.any new stock ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
any new stock ? Vote_lcapany new stock ? Voting_barany new stock ? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222669 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
any new stock ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
any new stock ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

any new stock ?

Go down 
+4
oldstrain
halcanada
David
ch pied
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ch pied
Chipping
Chipping
ch pied

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 pm

what new stock are you bringing into your lofts this year if any, I`m looking to buy a pair of van loons to breed into some janssens I have, hoping it will help for channel racing, worth a try.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm

not for me pied, got enough to last me a life time.......or at least a few years. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 1:58 am

Van Loons are excellent stock. Had some won with them. Des Mathys also. However, that was many years ago. I will never buy by strain names now. Unless a fancier is line breeding or inbreeding and winning with them. So many have been sold on the merit of the strain. Of course the strain gets really diluted over the years as some fanciers promote on the strain name. If it from this strain it has to be good. Garbage comes from all strains. As do winners. If you get a pigeon or want to buy one, check the pedigree. It cannot be bred for stock only. It has to have performance in the parents pedigrees. Also, performances noted there are not always truthful. Friend of mine inquired as to birds for sale in Europe, Belgium or Holland forget now. Seller had listed many firsts and seconds and so on. However he checked the records and could not find the birds. So he asked the guy. Guy told him "results to my loft only". Buyer beware! Regardless of strain, the great majority of fanciers in the world have a few good pigeons. Best to best hope for the best. Cannot do it that way introduce new blood. Cull poor performers or better yet, use them as feeders (pumpers) for the young off the better birds. Birds I have here are mostly reds. Jannsens basically but good and bad as usual. Fortunately more good than bad. Take a step back. Look at your birds. Janssen van Loon basically the same birds different name. My reds have flown 586 miles and won. 150 miles and won. Try your birds across the channel. But in all discussions pigeon related, it seems to me, people have the birds good enough to do what is asked of them. Try them before you condemn them or cross them.The usual fancier is his own worst enemy! I am in that category also!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:50 am

interesting reading hal.........some good info there, thanks for that cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 am

wise words from our hal there Smile added a few more frans zwols here from different lines they are also a janssen based family ...most will be kept together but have a hunch on a few crosses so going to try a few grondelaers always nice to experiment with a few pairs
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 12:55 pm

I think on the whole, I`m just going to let mine pair to who they are already paired to this year, its easier.......then once the ybs have raced, I can take it from there, and adjust any pairs I think might produce better young, by giving them a different mate.
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 pm

We've been offered 2 pairs of Louis cooreman birds off a mate, he's had them on loan off a guy who's paid lots of money for the parents, he asked the guy does he want them back and he said no, so our mate has offered them to us, not knowing anything about them we don't know what to do yet, last time we were at his place I picked some of them out as being nice birds, sprint family I think so would suit us, will try and find out a bit more on the cooremans before I do something stupid, do any of you guys know anything about them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 4:55 pm

not a lot roy, I just read they are supposed to be fast flyers...... lol!

I`m sure someone here will give better info. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 pm

...like anything roy good and bad in them all and the fruits never fall far from the tree ...I think that bob fenech has some really good ones and is probably the uks main source of top cooremans
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:04 pm

you just reminded me of a saying the last janssen brother said on a video Darren, "you can sell the fruit but never the tree"

Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:33 pm

oldstrain wrote:
...like anything roy good and bad in them all and the fruits never fall far from the tree ...I think that bob fenech has some really good ones and is probably the uks main source of top cooremans

That's it, that's where he got the parent birds from, Bob fenech, as soon as I saw your post daz the name jumped into my head, thanks buddy I'll go and see what I can find on him
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:34 pm

maybe worth a pop roy good luck whatever you decide
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Thanks Hal, just been reading through his site, look to be out and out sprinters, I'm going to call up to see our mate and have a better look at them before I decide, thanks all
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Darren formula 1 stud down my way have very good frans zwols, they are always there or there about with them.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Boosey wrote:
Darren formula 1 stud down my way have very good frans zwols, they are always there or there about with them.

got a few here off F1 steve ...they bought the frans zwol family off frans last year ,they seem to do well racing and as a stud
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 am

If you have room for them give them a try. You never know you might hit that magic mix. cheers
Back to top Go down
jet2013uk
Hatchling
Hatchling

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

We are going to try Mark Gilbert's And van reet
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Lofty. Out and out sprinters they may be. But pigeons are full of surprises! Last race around here week or two ago was 400 miles for most fliers. Very big area. Weather not the best. However, Combine here, this area, is noted for it's sprint birds. Belgium, Dutch fliers basically. My club members do not fly past 300 miles old birds. Half the positions taken in the 400 were by sprint fliers! One never knows unless one tries them. That is what makes it all interesting!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Turn around. Breeding.   any new stock ? EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Friend called about picking up culls. Yearly routine. I have not kept detailed records last few years. So was going back through some old folders and came across some pedigrees. Quite a few of them. Was quite surprised! Most of the reds I have are from Gallez pair. Oude Vos, Jannsen (64/Belge/6209869) x BC hen. (68/Belge/ 6565723) Bl WTP Berte) Way back when. Then came some Kannibal, from Op de Beek-Baetans (Cassleman) crossed in other strains. Van Loon, Grondolaer,, Klak Borgman,Golden Sissi etc,. Super Champ, ( 1st Olympic Champion bird of the entire world .all distances 2001, Holland and South Africa.) But 80% are Jannsens here.
Puts a new slant on the breeding aspect. Line/bred inbred perhaps not as planned. Will go back to the usual way. 15 best cocks in the stock loft, 15 best hens. They can pick their own mates as per usual. Fly them until the poor ones are gone. Best to best hope for the best.
Guess I better call him back and tell him no culls this year, all stay!!! Mate mid November.
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Thanks Hal, he recons they will do our first channel race easily, which is Ypres, at 310 miles, will have a chat with Luke when he gets home from work and we'll go and take another look, as I remember they were nice dark chequers, quite biggish birds in the hand, but my memory is shot and I was probably handling totally different birds lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

some exceptional lines their hal from different fanciers with a janssen base should bode well for years of breeding yet just aswell yer cancelling the hatchet man atb should be a exciting breeding season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

any new stock ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: any new stock ?   any new stock ? Empty

Back to top Go down

any new stock ?
Page 1 of 1