Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» Good Morning
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby David Mon May 27, 2024 11:33 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby David Mon May 27, 2024 11:32 am

» PR For Pigeons
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun May 26, 2024 8:41 pm

» APHA Forms .......
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby David Fri May 24, 2024 12:03 pm

» Young Pigeon Fanciers
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed May 22, 2024 12:08 am

» King removes Patronage
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby David Wed May 22, 2024 12:02 am

» come join us
all these potions. - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) all these potions. - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.all these potions. - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
all these potions. - Page 3 Vote_lcapall these potions. - Page 3 Voting_barall these potions. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
all these potions. - Page 3 Vote_lcapall these potions. - Page 3 Voting_barall these potions. - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1298 registered users
    The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 223007 messages in 14009 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    all these potions. - Page 3 Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    all these potions. - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

all these potions.

Go down 
    +5
    peel bros
    David
    steve1952
    Don Webb
    geordiejen
    9 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    AuthorMessage
    geordiejen
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    geordiejen

all these potions. - Page 3 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Don Webb wrote:
    At the end of the day you can not beat natural products or as people say what ever is used for human consumption is good for your birds. Very Happy
    well if all these things are that good then why does it say on most of the bottles not to be used for birds intended for human consumption. afro
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:49 pm

you cant beat some natural products but not all are good do they really do what you think not saying they will be bad for your birds just saying will they do them good
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 pm

dont think anyone really knows if these products help performance or if they even make any difference to the birds at all, but by what i see and read most fanciers want to win and will try almost anything to achieve this.............. bounce
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Geordiejen i have never seen thiis if it does say that then i am sorry for misleading you Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    geordiejen
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:20 pm

ot at all don i have read this on a few things i have used over the past couple of years.when i first started show pigeons all i gave my birds was clean water and a good mix of pigeon food.then i started trying other things that i seen in the local pigeon shop.to be honest i cant see anything better in my birds since using them.they all look very promising when you read the packaging,healthy crops,gizzard,liver and kidney.immune boosters and stuff.it could be that through the generations of breeding pigeons they now depend on it just for survival and fitness.the same theory as using antibiotics as now i think strains of canker and other bacterial infections are stronger and harder to shift.when i was a lad all we would do is check birds throats for canker and that was the only ailment i ever seen in the odd pigeon.i kept pigeons for about 4 years in my early teens and never worried about birds getting sick.changed days now.i wonder if its all down to how we use all these concoctions for this and that.what i do believe is that ferals pigeons have a much better immune system than captive bred birds.
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Geordiejen no worries at all, but you have a strong point were the immune system comes into play and yes i have always said the feral pigeon is fair better compared to our birds, as i think with all the positions we use on our birds we the fancier is to blame for making the immune system weaker now compare to years ago
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 pm

manufacturers advertise all kinds of stuff that pigeons dont even need,all they are doing is trying to make the fancier believe that if you dont give their product your birds will never be winners......and if you gave all the products/treatements they say your pigeons definately need there wouldnt be enough days in the week to give it to them.......... Very Happy

theres nothing that makes average birds champions which comes out of a bottle... No
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:28 pm

this can work the oposite you can have all the best birds but if your management is not spot on then youll be nowhere , are you can have medioca birds and good management and score from time to time got to be fit and free from infection
    Back to top Go down
    Grizzle cock
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:30 pm

I tend to agree more with Ian.
    I believe , if the birds are sick, treat with real medicine.
    Maintain their health with natural products and CLEAN WATER
    as long as possible.
    Vitamins is very necessary in maintaining health, so is calcuim grit, and charcoal grit.
    Boost their immunity if you know what to give, but not too often.
    Innoculation is a good aid to build immunity. flower
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:13 pm

i think this topic has been diverted a little bit from the original post, i thought it was pointing out that there are loads of suppliments, treatments and medication available.......all of which make claims to make our pigeons perform better, and if we dont give them this we will never become successful........

as i stated earlier, can anyone prove that any suppliment/addative makes a champion out of an average pigeon.....? in my view it cant be done. No
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 pm

can anybody prove anything with medicines and natural products this is just different peoples opinions who is to say who is right and who is wrong
    Back to top Go down
    Grizzle cock
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:24 pm

I also agree David, the base of such a point of view should be good birds.
    It should been seen as the basis of sucsess , not mediocre, but good birds.
    Everyone of us believe in our own stock.
    Yes, good birds should be the start point.
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:27 pm

you also need to treat to compete even if you have got good birds
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 pm

ian wrote:
    can anybody prove anything with medicines and natural products this is just different peoples opinions who is to say who is right and who is wrong

thats true, in pigeon racing fanciers all have their own systems/methods/routine and all use different makes/brands........even if you asked why a fancier prefers a cirtain product and if it does the birds any good, if hes doing well he wont want to change it even if he doesnt know of any benefit it is doing.

each to their own. Razz
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:31 pm

reading through the weeklies etc there are fanciers who treat and do very well with their birds and also there are those who never treat and do equally as good racing their pigeons.....so nothing in pigeon racing is set in stone, what works for one man might not work for another....... Razz
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 pm

yes this is very true you could have two members both flying really well racing different systems and different corn both swear by there methods the is the beauty of pigeon racing nobody knows the answers everyone thinks they know
    Back to top Go down
    Grizzle cock
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:34 pm

DAVID wrote:
    reading through the weeklies etc there are fanciers who treat and do very well with their birds and also there are those who never treat and do equally as good racing their pigeons.....so nothing in pigeon racing is set in stone, what works for one man might not work for another....... Razz

Spot on. I love you lol!
    Back to top Go down
    Grizzle cock
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:37 pm

As long as you win, stick to your system.
    But if not, consider your stock and then your system. affraid farao
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:41 pm

another thing i seem to read a lot lately is that some of the top fanciers mix a few types/makes of corn together and feed the same mixture all year round, wether its breeding, racing, moulting or resting.......ive been trying to figure out what corns to use for different stages of the year, breeding, racing etc......but it seems we are making pigeon racing more difficult than we need to.... silent scratch

any thoughts.......? scratch
    Back to top Go down
    Grizzle cock
    Hatchling
    Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Weight control is cruicial.
    I have also changed my feeding regime, again, it work for me.
    I mix my comercial breeding mix 50\50 with sunflower , the bennefit is the oil content for great feathers , also protein .
    And then the weight control factor. tongue
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:02 pm

was wondering wether to give my dark ybs linseed as they are moulting, anyone give theirs it.......?
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 pm

no a lot of people who do i give them oils on the corn also rape seed
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 pm

what sort of oils on the corn.......?
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:22 pm

fine oil...? ive seen this before somewhere, maybe for sale on ebay or somewhere........? most likely have it at murray and mills.. scratch Razz
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all these potions.   all these potions. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

all these potions.
    Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next