Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» overnight and multiple nights basket
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 4:00 pm

» Good Morning
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Weather today
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:59 pm

» RPRA Auction
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:04 am

» First post on pigeon categories
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:26 pm

» Catching a pigeon
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:25 pm

» RPRA Latest .
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:35 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Thoughts on feed - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 59 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 58 Guests :: 2 Bots

Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
oldstrain
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Vote_lcapThoughts on feed - Page 2 Voting_barThoughts on feed - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Vote_lcapThoughts on feed - Page 2 Voting_barThoughts on feed - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
tanveerhbaig
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221834 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Thoughts on feed

Go down 
+4
cowandchicken
oldstrain
David
Romedius
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:40 am

Romedius wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:
cowandchicken wrote:
A site called the pigeon insider has a good chart and collection of articles on feed to get you started. cheers

I've tried that place, but it won't let me on unless I am a facebooker.   I did happen to buy lots of maize  also.   Lots of barley too.  When I went to the big city, I brought back a pallet + of feed. I'll play around with the feed.  Thanks everybody
The BIG city Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes what would that be Rom Smile Smile & how many miles in the trip to get there & back etc Wink Wink.

That would be bozeman.  It is only 250 mile round trip, but over three passes.  Not friendly in the winter if'n you know what I mean Mad   I have a brother who is a home builder too.  He is building a big place over there, and had to get a apartment.  
That area is where most of our racers are.  Gene Yoes lives in Emigrant.  You should see the terrain he is racing to.  Much like mine, but not as mountainous.   lol!
Everybody else's birds can slip up broad valleys/highways.  tongue
I see, I see  I see Smile Smile Not the norm Rom Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes when most here pick up grain etc Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 am

No sir lol! definitely not a jaunt down the road. lol! I can buy supersacks (2000lbs) of corn, barley, wheat,safflower shipped right to my shop free, but until I understand what and why I'm feeding, I better stick with the basics lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 11:06 am

Romedius wrote:
No sir lol! definitely not a jaunt down the road. lol!  I can buy supersacks (2000lbs) of corn, barley,  wheat,safflower shipped right to my shop free, but until I understand what and why I'm feeding, I better stick with the basics lol!
Super sacks Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a bit heavy for me Rom Wink Wink now. But it's the way to go in the long run, maybe. Flog it off to your other members there & help pay for your season there, by adding 10/20% maybe Smile Smile.
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:
No sir lol! definitely not a jaunt down the road. lol!  I can buy supersacks (2000lbs) of corn, barley,  wheat,safflower shipped right to my shop free, but until I understand what and why I'm feeding, I better stick with the basics lol!
Super sacks Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a bit heavy for me Rom Wink Wink now. But it's the way to go in the long run, maybe. Flog it off to your other members there & help pay for your season there, by adding 10/20% maybe Smile Smile.

Way more! Like 50 % at least. Still save them money. I'm thinking about buying a pigeon transport trailer. Our club pays us to drive, so if I drive to one drop off, it pays the racing fees all year. I can charge per hub mile for the use of trailer, which we will need I think, we have a new club member who flew on new jersey. It would be great to get new members, even if yhey don't race. cheers little bit of bs'n with other folks doesn't hurt. (Usually ) lol!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Good idea rom Smile
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Looks like 12000USD $ with the hardeware, I'll ask around in the spring.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Romedius wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:

Way more! Like 50 % at least.  Still save them money.  I'm thinking about buying a pigeon transport trailer.  Our club pays us to drive, so if I drive to one drop off, it pays the racing fees all year.  I can charge per hub mile for the use of trailer, which we will need I think, we have a new club member who flew on new jersey.  It would be great to get new members, even if yhey don't race. cheers   little bit of bs'n with other folks doesn't hurt. (Usually ) lol!
50% Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes your not thinking about becoming a grain store merchant are we Rom Smile Smile with that type of mark up. Before xmas here I got a load from the farm gate with some other buddies etc delivered to a mates front door. Stocked up on safflower at $20 a bag for 20 kgs along with peas & rapeseed etc bounce bounce at the grain store here safflower is $38/48 a bag. Come home happy, happy lol! lol! lol! but my van wasn't so happy lol! lol! lol! but I didn't really really care all that much, about all his moaning on the way home as such Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 pm

I would rather load up once or twice a year. Less stress lol! . The deer paw around the loft a bit at night, when I drop a little corn or hay, those deer will clean up anything. Even the chunks of red cell water ice, they will clean it up :cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Romedius wrote:
I would rather load up once or twice a year.  Less stress lol! .  The  deer paw around the loft a bit at night,  when I drop a little corn or hay,  those deer will clean up anything.  Even the chunks of red cell water ice,  they will clean it up :cheers
Best way Rom Smile Smile as long as it is of good quality etc & you can keep the rats away Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 pm

And deer makes a good dinner Wink
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 am

Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:
I would rather load up once or twice a year.  Less stress lol! .  The  deer paw around the loft a bit at night,  when I drop a little corn or hay,  those deer will clean up anything.  Even the chunks of red cell water ice,  they will clean it up :cheers
Best way Rom Smile Smile as long as it is of good quality etc & you can keep the rats away Wink Wink. cheers
I can do that. Cleaned out lots of housecats, and skunks. Mice and rats, will have a hard time. Everybody uses cardboard dust bins around here.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 8:22 am

Romedius wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:
 I can do that.  Cleaned out lots of housecats, and skunks.  Mice and rats,  will have a hard time.  Everybody uses cardboard dust bins around here.
Dust bins Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes The big boys (chook farmer types) use silo's here Rom Smile Smile.
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:
Knackered wrote:
Romedius wrote:
 I can do that.  Cleaned out lots of housecats, and skunks.  Mice and rats,  will have a hard time.  Everybody uses cardboard dust bins around here.
Dust bins Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes The big boys (chook farmer types) use silo's here Rom Smile Smile.
You can buy them in 30 gallon too I belueve. Nice fitting lid, and the cardboard is great for keeping the grain dry/with even temperature, been around for years. My mom had them for her chickens years ago. Livestock feed stores pedal them alot.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Excellent for keeping grains seperate.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 8:08 pm

halcanada wrote:
Excellent for keeping grains seperate.
True, one can play Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes that mix & match game Smile Smile especially if one has quite a few of them etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on feed   Thoughts on feed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on feed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2