Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) weaning ybs over - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 116 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 116 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.weaning ybs over - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Vote_lcapweaning ybs over - Page 2 Voting_barweaning ybs over - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Vote_lcapweaning ybs over - Page 2 Voting_barweaning ybs over - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
weaning ybs over - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

weaning ybs over

Go down 
+4
barnie
David
morb
oldstrain
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

weaning ybs over - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 1:18 am

Young out again today. Lost one yesterday another today. Hawk around justafter I let them out. 3 rd time for them. Last one I talked in. Hours out. Needed something to relate too. Sitting on the house roof. Will probably lose a bunch more but that is to be expected. No stress on me. Those days are long gone. They survive or they do not. Dummies diapear.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Not only dummies disappear, one of my best young birds went astray for two weeks, the only time I entered the single ring nom, was disappointed when she went missing, but she won the ring nom from Perth and four more races.

The only time you can tell the good from the not so good is by trial by basket,, or breeding.

When they go missing there could be a number of factors involved and no doubt
many potential champions meet an unknown end, wires, raptors, guns etc;

I lost very few young ones but that can also be a problem regarding what and what not to keep, not all pigeons that fly well as young ones go on to do the same as old ones, which further complicastes matters, however, the longer you keep the same family the easdier it becomes to see potential.

With an entirely open loft the young do the natural things regarding when and when not to go out and I feel learn how to look after themselves better.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm

ytbs had a little look around today, just came out of the door onto the platform......I didn't encourage them to stay out long because it was windy, but I`m hoping with having the wire doors open all day they can have a goof look around.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 7:26 pm

One young returned today. Hawks around again.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Time someone took a gun and protected their pigeons and the sport supported them if they were prosecuted, { on their own land) as I explained and gave all the evidence to the then General Masnager the Human Rights Protocol One explains that one has the right to protect and enjoy their activities on their own land providing the activity is legal.

Even were the case lost we would know exactly how we stand at the moment.

There was a case not long ago in the Cage and Aviary publication where a man had shot 3 sparrow hawks and the RSPB did not procecute, they know it would give the chance to publisise the damage they are doing to our song birds.

We know no fancier would presently kill a sparrow hawk, don't we, ???? but it would be better to make it legal;.

As for the perigrines until they reach numbers where they are causing other problems than our pigeons nothing will be done.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 9:16 pm

the rspb are well connected , they have money and important friends.........same as the fox hunting lot, who still hunt even though it is banned.

you cant fight a corrupt system unfortunately......
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:49 pm

As I mentioned hawks around today. Shooting them or trapping them not a problem. However, I am out in the country. If you are in town and fire off a gun surely you are in violation of some law?
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 12:44 am

halcanada wrote:
As I mentioned hawks around today. Shooting them or trapping them not a problem. However, I am out in the country. If you are in town and fire off a gun surely you are in violation of some law?

are you not breaking the law shooting them even out in the country?
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 12:48 am

Attacking livestock. You must be the same out west regarding coyotes etc,?
Back to top Go down
morb
Chipping
Chipping
morb

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 1:02 am

'yotes aren't protected. birds of prey are protected, i'm sure you would need some kind of permission before shooting a hawk.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 1:11 am

Yes. You are right. Just checked. All raptors protected. So killing them is illegal.
However, no one sees me. So nothing reported. If I had to go to court over the issue would say just fired in to the air. Or gun went off accidently. Bird not a human.
Sory low blow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weaning ybs over   weaning ybs over - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

weaning ybs over
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2