Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» GUTTED !!!!
by MISTY Today at 8:15 pm

» York Road & District Flying Club
by David Today at 4:32 pm

» Great Faith etc !!!.
by oldstrain Today at 2:59 pm

» Goodbye old club
by halcanada Today at 2:18 pm

» Weather today
by Daz Today at 1:24 pm

» Trainer from today
by Knackered Today at 12:02 am

» TIME FOR FINGERS OUT
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:11 pm

» Rapido1988 Welcome....
by oldstrain Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» YB Back !!!
by David Yesterday at 8:32 am

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, David, Lofty, MISTY

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

oldstrain

MISTY

Knackered

Daz

Lofty

halcanada

redrog

chuda

peel bros

Statistics
We have 1142 registered users
The newest registered user is rapido1988

Our users have posted a total of 169396 messages in 11192 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

oldstrain

IANYOUNG

peel bros

Knackered

Gaz b

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

Training Disaster....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:10 pm

took my 16 ybs for the first trainer Monday, got 9 back, 7 away.............. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

today 2 came home tired and wanting water, one reported in Doncaster, so still 4 unaccounted for so far.

took my 9 which homed on the day a bit further today, after a days rest. and all home before me.... scratch scratch

hows everyone elses training going ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:10 pm

It’s a worry David, took 43 well trained YBS on Monday after 4 hours got 9 home, some worked in yesterday and had 2 this morning, so far we are still 19 away, just about make a YB team for racing
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 pm

sorry to hear that, its disheartening when this happens so early in the season isn't it.....we just got to push on and stick at it, ty get a few races with what we have eh.

I hope more turn in for you .
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Well from Monday tea time when me and Luke were just about ready to call it a day jump to today and everything looks a bit more rosy, like you say David we have to write it off as a bad one and get on looking after the ones we have left, but it does break you down for a bit, ok, got to try and catch up with everything I’ve been missing while I’ve been away
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm

yes that's how I felt Monday, half my team gone.........but you get over it don't you after a couple of days, and carry on. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Sorry to hear that lads, my friend took his and he’s friends birds for a toss yesterday and he only got 4 back yesterday and 2 more today. He’s devastated, he paid a fortune for the jan aarden stock birds.
One of he’s friends came back with only 2 tail flights remaining, so it looks like a Bird of prey went into them and scattered them.
St least they know what happened I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm

that's what I thought had happened to mine steve, thinking about it I remember letting them out surrounded by trees, I didn't see them circle or head off home, maybe a haven for hawks I I didn't realise......today I liberated in a different place further away, and they were all home before me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:10 am

Had mine 35 miles this morning. Third toss. 47 back from 45. Two young strays, banded. Good weather. Hot but not too bad. Young bird losses. Causes are numerous. It is NOT the strain of the pigeon. All being equal healthwise, raptors or weather. But not many train in bad weather, obviously. Raptors are a fact of life. More so in the UK than were I am. Other factors play a part. What they are in the case of people who lose birds I would not hazard a guess. Of course, I may get a wipe out but as of now the birds are ready to race. I am not a beleiver (used to be) in multiple short tosses. But each to their own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:06 am

Lofty wrote:
It’s a worry David, took 43 well trained YBS on Monday after 4 hours got 9 home, some worked in yesterday and had 2 this morning, so far we are still 19 away, just about make a YB team for racing
I suggest its a real worry in many places with your type of scenario Lofty for the Mr average pigeon flyer etc. My Geordie mate Wink Wink on Saturday went to the club with 40 odd bids in his clock after 40 minutes (good returns) & hardly saw another pigeon & finished up dropping 19 unfortunately. Work mate of my mate, the little fat bloke Smile Smile top draw flyer Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes went with 20 birds in the clock for the pull over & only saw 1 more bird to finish up also loosing 19 birds sadly Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Cruel thing about what appears to be happening in many places, is you tend to get birds home bounce bounce at times that one doesn't quite rate with some of those that you may loose sadly along the way etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:14 am

sorry to hear david,roy its a nightmare this year from what I am hearing its seems worse this year ,we have lost 5 around the loft whith various injuries some in the sick bay others had to go but we had our 1st toss from 12 miles on Tuesday and got 20/22 we are going again today ...will only have 5/6 tosses from the same place that's their ideal breaking point so no further than 12 miles for us doing things a bit different this year with the ybs due to the bops en-route

2nd toss went very well all in the loft on arrival we watched them halfway home they took a few minutes to clear but took the correct line away from the motorway and river which really pleased me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:08 pm

That’s encouraging Darren.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:18 pm

mine been again today, they seem to take a while to set off for home, circling round for quite a while......but all home before me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MISTY
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:37 pm

If everyone is having problems with training and losing young birds, then there may be a common problem'

The weather during the past two or three months has been unusual to say the least and very hot and humid, ideal for the onset of dehydration.

Lack of water being the main course.

Now pigeons are not as daft as some fanciers think, they can detect additives in the water and will, if they dislike what they detect and there is no alternative, then they will drink as little as possible and they will not know if the fancier is going to send them down the road etc' and will need more.

I also think it detrimental to send a pigeon anywhere when hungry, if a fancier cannot train his/her pigeons to trap for the love of the loft ???.

Raptors are and from now on will be a problem, there is no prospect of finding a solution, so as upsetting this is, what is as bad is not knowing if those lost were the potential champions

If you have naturally healthy pigeon conditioned in the right manner from being born not needing either preventative nor curative remedies it is a sound start.

However, no fancier can make arrangements to meet every posdible problem and that is a fact.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:36 pm

David wrote:
mine been again today, they seem to take a while to set off for home, circling round for quite a while......but all home before me. Very Happy

good news david
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Had one back from Newport today, 25 miles in the opposite direction of where they were supposed to come, go figure eh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 am

We had a bad one at beginning of the week..down to 4 missing approximately from 101..some stopped as still very tired but not bad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:07 am

Lads Down here are getting it bad, even worse the further west you go into camarthen and Pembroke , john norm would know, they’ve been getting absolutely hammered training YBS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:09 am

Not good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:39 pm

3rd toss today same place all home Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 pm

glad to hear they are coming nicely Darren...... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:59 pm

update, just gone over the loft, and another bird back from Mondays training, thin , flown down and very thirsty........still 4 away Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:15 pm

like I said david your van reets are a brave bird well done to that yb its got some balls Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:41 am

oldstrain wrote:
like I said david your van reets are a brave bird well done to that yb its got some balls Wink
Maybe so O/S lol! lol! lol! "Balls" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but I suggest Wink Wink more will be required there etc bounce bounce than a pair of them, if it's going to cut the mustard in  the end as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:14 am

had our 4th toss this morning once the mist lifted all went well and were home on arrival
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daz
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:39 am

I think, believe seriously, that a good improvement would be achieved if some of you swapped, borrowed or exchanged 6 cock birds for another member to x with 6 hens of yours. Or six hens for the same, six hens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Disaster....   

Back to top Go down

Training Disaster....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Introductions & Members Messages.-
Jump to: