Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Heat effect cement in Aussie? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 95 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 95 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Heat effect cement in Aussie? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Vote_lcapHeat effect cement in Aussie? Voting_barHeat effect cement in Aussie? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Vote_lcapHeat effect cement in Aussie? Voting_barHeat effect cement in Aussie? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Heat effect cement in Aussie? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Heat effect cement in Aussie?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Heat effect cement in Aussie? Empty
PostSubject: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 1:45 am

300 plus people evacuted from a new high rise. Cracks in the building. Makes one wonder!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 3:42 am

Cement very funny stuff, Hal.

They say it never actually goes off.

When doing no fines buildings we used to take test cubes to test the quality of each batch of cement.

When I see the height of some buildings I have a feeling that it may not be a good idea, would never go above two floors myself/

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 4:05 pm

have known a whole floor being torn up in a 14 story block because the concrete did not pass the test, wonder if there is no control and testing now.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 5:53 pm

Never seen any one test cement when I worked for Wimpeys in Shipley. Was plastering then also. Poured concrete houses are hard to plaster at times.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Seen major concrete structure failure in extreme heat countries, the steel re-bar expanding inside the concrete, there's nowhere for the expanding steel to go,  expansion causing steel buckling and pressure building up inside the castings and they crack and fail. Was involved in testing faulty lintels used in multi storey car park in Turkey. We wrapped these in massive electric blanket type of wraps and sure enough they showed surface cracks in a very short time.
Experts opinion was the configuration of re-enforced steel cage was wrong and wasn't set deep enough into the casting so when baking in the daytime sun, well it was a recipe for disaster.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 9:45 pm

MISTY wrote:
have known a whole floor being torn up in a 14 story block because the concrete  did not pass the test, wonder if there is no control and testing now.

Regards.
We have some of the highest building standards on the planet Misty I suggest etc here. Poor workmanship with certain people cutting corners was more the issue I suspect. The problem I see there, is the same cost cutting factors more than likely were used when the other floors were also laid type of thing in the building & so a total disaster for those living there unfortunately. Reminds me of the cladding fiasco on many of our high rise buildings here. Culprits walked away clean skin types & those living on site are up for hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix their total c**k up sadly Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 4:57 am

Hal,
Worked for Wimpey, can assure you many tests are carried out on concrete, starting with Slump Tests and several others.

When using BRC the tests are greater due to the metal.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 9:13 am

barnie wrote:
Seen major concrete structure failure in extreme heat countries, the steel re-bar expanding inside the concrete, there's nowhere for the expanding steel to go,  expansion causing steel buckling and pressure building up inside the castings and they crack and fail. Was involved in testing faulty lintels used in multi storey car park in Turkey. We wrapped these in massive electric blanket type of wraps and sure enough they showed surface cracks in a very short time.
Experts opinion was the configuration of re-enforced steel cage was wrong and wasn't set deep enough into the casting so when baking in the daytime sun, well it was a recipe for disaster.
Once watched a video type of thing Barnie Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes about one of those backward type countries, when building there high rise type of buildings. Certain people  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes replaced some of the concrete on the construction side, with empty 20 litre cans to save on the cost factor & concrete Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Building regulations a shambles I suspect maybe  bounce  bounce or some top official getting a back hander to pass it all I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Think the technology may be suitable and effective regarding building regulations but it is those entrusted to carry them out that fail in many instances and for varying reasons, in the case of the whole floor having to be replaced the person in charge of the 12s mixer was leaving the company and had a grudge, if the instructions were carried out there was very little possibility of things going wrong but one cannot take certain circumstances and intentions into account.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 6:04 pm

unfortunately things like this happen from time to time, can be down to poor materials, poor management or poor workmanship.........I remember when there were a clark of works or some inspector who passed work off on completion, do they still do this, I`m not sure.......but I do know second rate buildings are being built in this country, and a lot of them employ second rate foreign workers..............also it seems, there are not the checks at certain stages by the building inspector from the planning office, years ago every stage had to be passed or you couldn't go any further, now it seems some build whatever they want, the workmanship being very sub standard.

the old saying is very true, pay peanuts, get monkey`s
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 pm

David wrote:
unfortunately things like this happen from time to time, can be down to poor materials, poor management or poor workmanship.........I remember when there were a clark of works or some  inspector who passed work off on completion, do they still do this, I`m not sure.......but I do know second rate buildings are being built in this country, and a lot of them employ second rate foreign workers..............also it seems, there are not the checks at certain stages by the building inspector from the planning office, years ago every stage had to be passed or you couldn't go any further, now it seems some build whatever they want, the workmanship being very sub standard.

the old saying is very true, pay peanuts, get monkey`s
Councils are forever fighting with developers here David over what they may do or not do type of thing, because of outside pressures by certain bodies saying they can do certain things with the regulation side of things with construction of high rise buildings. True story "local" Developer wanted to build a high rise building, 20 floors type of thing, council said no way  bounce  bounce you can only build a 19 story building because of our height restrictions we have in place for the local yocal types Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Smart a**e type developer bounce bounce said stuff you Wink Wink I'm building my 20 story complex by hook or by crook Smile Smile & he did it, by taken 6 inches of the height of every other floor there as he built it as such. He then, had that feel good moment thing I suspect Wink Wink when the local council building inspection come around for the final clearance so it could be sold on as such. Unfortunately lol! lol! lol! the inspector, then counted the floors there while inspecting it & then said Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it all has to be torn down I'm affraid  lol! lol! lol! & it was in the end Smile Smile with much grief to the developer Smile Smile as he just didn't abide by what council & the clown had agreed on at the start there of the building process etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 11:13 pm

We do have strict building regulations, and periodically you have those who have contravened them have to pull the building down.

Planning gives the most problems, in some cases it is a matter of who you know.

All councils have a clerk of works or a similar position and in our area are strict in making developers abide by the rules.

As David said, it used to be that every stage from setting out to topping out was inspected and could not go from one stage until the previous one had been passed.

I retired some 19 years ago and whilst working dealt with the Town Hall planning Dept on many occasions involving listed buildings etc;

Had a good working relationship but had to abide by the rules, which at times were more than a little irritating.

Have heard of inferior houses being built on new estates, lease hold, the owners not being aware of the implications and now unable to sell them.

Problems of inferior workmanship, but not those that would be apparent at the final inspection appear to be a major problem that arise within a very short time of occupation.

The developers not interested in sorting the problems out.

The main problem being that the industry has let the first class bricklayers and all the other craftsmen leave the industry and not replace them with their like.

There used to be an apprentice scheme where companies were encouraged to employ young people and were helped financially to do so.

Inferior workmen, inferior buildings.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 am

MISTY wrote:
We do have strict building regulations, and periodically you have those who have contravened them have to pull the building down.

Planning gives the most problems, in some cases it is a matter of who you know.

All councils have a clerk of works or a similar position and in our area are strict in making developers abide by the rules.

As David said, it used to be that every stage from setting out to topping out was inspected and could not go from one stage until the previous one had been passed.

I retired some 19 years ago and whilst working dealt with the Town Hall planning Dept on many occasions involving listed buildings etc;

Had a good working relationship but had to abide by the rules, which at times were more than a little irritating.

Have heard of inferior houses being built on new estates, lease hold, the owners not being aware of the  implications and now unable to sell them.

Problems of inferior workmanship, but not those that would be apparent at the final inspection appear to be a major problem that arise within a very short time of occupation.

The developers not interested in sorting the problems out.  

The main problem being that the industry has let the first class bricklayers and all the other craftsmen leave the industry and not replace them with their like.

There used to be an apprentice scheme where companies were encouraged to employ young people and were helped financially to do so.

Inferior workmen, inferior buildings.

Regards.  

News to-night here Misty Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes more cracking going on in the building as mentioned. So bounce bounce any one looking for some accommodation, with a view bounce bounce & cheap Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes just give me a ring etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heat effect cement in Aussie?   Heat effect cement in Aussie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Heat effect cement in Aussie?
Page 1 of 1