Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
South shields central result  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
South shields central result  Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
South shields central result  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
South shields central result  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
South shields central result  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
South shields central result  Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
South shields central result  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
South shields central result  Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
South shields central result  Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) South shields central result  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 90 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.South shields central result  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
South shields central result  Vote_lcapSouth shields central result  Voting_barSouth shields central result  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
South shields central result  Vote_lcapSouth shields central result  Voting_barSouth shields central result  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
South shields central result  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
South shields central result  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

South shields central result

Go down 
+2
Knackered
peel bros
6 posters
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

South shields central result  Empty
PostSubject: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 am

1 soda
2nd crabtree
3rd peel bros
4th peel bros

Disaster of a race. Terrible returns
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 9:13 am

peel bros wrote:
1 soda
2nd crabtree
3rd peel bros
4th peel bros

Disaster of a race. Terrible returns
Know the feeling Ray Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes like many here at times I suggest bounce bounce I'm affraid Very Happy Very Happy. Fortunately thou Smile Smile if your like me lol! lol! lol! you can bring the B/C/D team into play maybe Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 10:11 am

All one team I.m afraid.  About 15 missing which is a team in itself . But we carry on
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 am

what day did you go ray ...well done 2 in the result
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 11:03 am

Never nice to have poor returns, would have thought by now the sport would have taken steps to try and identify why returns can be poor in even what we think ideal conditions.

When one gives every attention to ones pigeons it is disappointing when they are missing from seemingly short distances and ideal conditions.

Hope the others get back and 2nd and 3rd ain't bad in good competition.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 12:05 pm

waiting for the bad one here..... 15 is a lot even for you, just hope they make their way home,
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 1:33 pm

hopefully it wont happen rog...we had one this year and lost 6 of our 24 in the 2nd race to Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 pm

They reckoned about 2000 missing at one point on saturday
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 10:29 pm

That's just in our section
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 7:54 am

BIG question, WHERE ON EARTH DO ALL THE MISSING PIGEONS GO?????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 10:15 am

Just come back from taking the dog for his morning run on the cliffs, picked the RP on the way back, and found an article by Colin Porter regarding losses etc.,

He is just confirming what I and two friends said would happen if matters were not attended to 45 years ago, no one was bothered and went the continental ways, we now have the majority of pigeons needing constant medication both curative and preventative, and it is none sense to say pigeons fly faster now than then, you only have to Google the facts to confirm that performances then and previously are far better than the majority today.

In fact one well known fancier wrote that he spoke for all the Southern Fanciers who were sick of my warnings week after week, in fact I was corresponding with several better known fanciers than him who all lived in the South.

Every one of the predictions I made have come about, all can be confirmed in the BHW and the RP.

Another one for the future, YBS etc; will be nothing compared with what will be the health problems unless the practice of putting everything other than the kitchen sink down our feathered friends throats.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Yes and the thing is these top flyers now have knacked our birds up as they are the ones who give all this sh**e to the birds . The birds are as weak as piss now. To compete we all have to follow what they do. I never used to treat my birds   hardly ever but now they get crap every week . Like canker used to be 2 times a year now its every 3 weeks or less. It's no good saying well don't do it because if not you and your birds will suffer. I have tried that ...
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 3:30 pm

So we are al down at the club. Must be paid out time eh! Some, no most, member are moaning, per usual regards the losses of several youngsters.
Steve states 'I had enough old bird losses to contend with, let alone these losses now! I bred 75 youngsters, and I am down to just over 20'!
'Yeah, Steve' says Dave 'I know how you feel... I've lost over 40 youngsters already too. Can't see the sport carrying on much longer at this rate'.
'It isn't just the hawks; we haven't been having the best of good racing weather either'. Remarks Tommy.
'Time something was done' Paul chirps in 'but what'?
'Well' injects the Secretary 'I hear banter it is the same nationwide nigh, so what's the answer'!
'Ent one' says the pessimistic Gordon 'things go from bad to worse. It will do the same every year, well getting worse'!
Shaun, the bearded, nicknamed the Professor holds his hand up and shrugs his shoulders ' I think, as I've so often said, it is time we fanciers stood up and got counted. We have the likes of you whinging and moaning and doing nothing but sit on your hands. Indeed you never even attend, or vote, Unless, that is, to have higher payouts'!
Yes, many just sup a beer. Though many also don't even go to the bar, except when passing to go to the lou. Buy a drink … Sorry, I'm driving! Never hear of soft drinks! Hey! How about bunging a couple of quid behind the bar! Mind that would make them stay outside completely I guess.No, but quick to spout for bigger winnings etc.
Give a couple of youngster to the club or fed! Nah!
Shaun is not the most popular of members … speaks the truth too often, I guess, and most tend to stay well clear of.
'So what do you suggest the know all' spouts an irritated Colin 'Be pleased to hear from you the know all'!
Shaun smiles – or was it a smirk?
'Well,' he drawls ' many are of the idea of later breeding — some for different routes, or changing the liberation sites regularly for example. Star racing later and have just 6 r- 8 young bird races, starting last week in August! Well worth a try, and certainly wouldn't be any worse!
A discussion evolves .. all to no avail.
Humans are creatures of habits. Get comfortable with practices/habits – regardless of costs or improvement. Yes, they hate change …
Many idle thinkers spout idle idiocies 'Yeah, change for change sake – meaning ' I don't care, I doing the same as I always do, always have done'! Plonker.

'Yeah Colin, there may be much merit in what you say/propose'. Says Steve.
So would you, will you vote for it Steve'?

'Weer, you know I would, yeah, … however, it's the others, and they won't, you know that'!
All say the same. I' would, but it's the others. The time they all woke up and realised that you ARE THE OTHERS! - then silly examples spouted as such, same as past few stupid seasons.

Does one believe that the Fed, let alone the National conveyers would change! Yeah. They'd rather sit in empty wagon eh! Of course the will, they are in it for the money and the proviso that the dates they propose mean no birdcage going would have them rallying around the tables.
If clubs sat up and stated they were going to make changes, then the Fed committee would have to oblige or risk being replaced … they would hate the thought, let alone happening.
If he that 'Tickles the ears and gains followers lost a few slaps on the back and were threatened to be an empty seat, he is only too pleased and quick to make it work!
However, you know, next season, and the last few seasons this so-called sport endures, it will be the same.
So the old barb of 'Weer, I'll be gone by then, so I don't care.
What of the newcomers and their' enjoying the sport, we are supposed to be leaving them?
Nah, not enough interest for that, so I'll breed a lot more and feed the B.O.P. I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South shields central result    South shields central result  Empty

Back to top Go down

South shields central result
Page 1 of 1