Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
reporting strays Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
reporting strays Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
reporting strays Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
reporting strays Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
reporting strays Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
reporting strays Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
reporting strays Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
reporting strays Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
reporting strays Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) reporting strays 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 94 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.reporting strays Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
reporting strays Vote_lcapreporting strays Voting_barreporting strays Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
reporting strays Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
reporting strays Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

reporting strays

Go down 
+2
steve1952
gareth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm

just wondering how many people report strays.i report every pigeon i get in as i have done tonite in total 6 ova the weekend.and i neva eva get mine reported eva.it makes me sick i no full well that my pigeons are some were.sometimes think not going to botha to report any thing but thats not me im a genuine fancyer.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:22 pm

i used to get info and phone flyers but had a few who gave abuse so i stopped doing it
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:30 pm

same here mate was told to nite to take it as far as i wud travel an throw it up.the poor bird was in a bad way hawk made a rite mess.he told me to bin it and not waste his time.also said good birds dont get reported.wot a joke thats why this sport is on its arse
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:26 pm

was talking to a fancier yesterday and he told me that most fanciers in his area never bother to report strays, especially if they are not stamped or rung with phone number.....he said they just kill them. No
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:36 am

DAVID wrote:
was talking to a fancier yesterday and he told me that most fanciers in his area never bother to report strays, especially if they are not stamped or rung with phone number.....he said they just kill them. No
this means flyers dont want them reporting or want them back, i put split rings on if birds dont have them they wont get in my lofts, i chase them off, i wont risk my birds health for strays
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:46 pm

reported stray last week gb received letter saying the owner has been notified then got phone call off pigeon force saying hes coming to pick it up , the owner has never phoned me to say thanks for looking after it for a week , ithink its a disgrace no wonder people dont report them
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:22 pm

i know what you mean mate happens alot over here most of the fanciers here just take em down the club ouse and the put em on the boat back to england the way a lot of em think is if the birds make it ome they make it ome if not tough
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:43 pm

ive had guys not bothering as well but also had others quite happy about getting his bird found.i had one guy who told me a courier was coming in the morning never turned up same thing happened a few days later and then he didnt contact me again.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:40 pm

ian wrote:
reported stray last week gb received letter saying the owner has been notified then got phone call off pigeon force saying hes coming to pick it up , the owner has never phoned me to say thanks for looking after it for a week , ithink its a disgrace no wonder people dont report them

these fanciers who woudnt even phone to thank you for reporting and looking after their lost bird cant be called sportsmen.........it seems as tho some of them ony caim the lost bird because they have to, it annoys me when some of them just take it for granted that the finder will automaticaly keep the bird just because the owner doesnt want to pay £30 to get it back........

if you are prepered to breed the bird, send it training and send it to a race, then you must be prepered to send for its return if lost........and not try palm the responsibility on to someone else.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Rene A wrote:
i know what you mean mate happens alot over here most of the fanciers here just take em down the club ouse and the put em on the boat back to england the way a lot of em think is if the birds make it ome they make it ome if not tough

read in homing world/racing pigeon the other week about a fancier who has been sending lost racers back home from gurnsey and surrounding islands for many years........he also said it was very rare for fanciers to get their lost birds reported who live on gurnsey etc and could uk fanciers do him/them the same favour and report their lost birds......

i dont think by what ive heard/read that enough fanciers put themselves out to get a lost bird returned, but if i had one reported id certainly be gratefull to the man who reported it for me... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:05 pm

DAVID wrote:
Rene A wrote:

read in homing world/racing pigeon the other week about a fancier who has been sending lost racers back home from gurnsey and surrounding islands for many years........he also said it was very rare for fanciers to get their lost birds reported who live on gurnsey etc and could uk fanciers do him/them the same favour and report their lost birds......

i dont think by what ive heard/read that enough fanciers put themselves out to get a lost bird returned, but if i had one reported id certainly be gratefull to the man who reported it for me... Very Happy

yes its very true mate we hardly if ever get em reported to us here some times its like gettin a kick in the teeth wen you dont get a thank you or kiss my arse from them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:15 pm

yes i can emagine rene, then we wonder why some fanciers dont report strays.....i suppose it could be that they have done in the past and got not even a thank you, so they might think never again scratch

ill be honest, i never let strays into my loft if i can help it.........unless they wont go or are injured, the other week i had one come in with a broken leg and phoned the owner from the wing stamp, i even took it back to him as he didnt live far from me...........and after doing that he killed it as the broken leg was too much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:27 pm

DAVID wrote:
yes i can emagine rene, then we wonder why some fanciers dont report strays.....i suppose it could be that they have done in the past and got not even a thank you, so they might think never again scratch

ill be honest, i never let strays into my loft if i can help it.........unless they wont go or are injured, the other week i had one come in with a broken leg and phoned the owner from the wing stamp, i even took it back to him as he didnt live far from me...........and after doing that he killed it as the broken leg was too much of a problem.

i got one here with a broken wing rang the guy up told him the rspca had it in and passed it on to me as my two daghters were just starting up he said he didnt want it as he had just sorted out all his birds for the breeding and race season and to give it t the girls as it was no good to him wiv a broken wing and hed send the transfer and ped papers i said not to bother as it couldnt fly but he sent them any way wen i looked at the ped its a harthog and a neice to it apparently got sold for £9,000 its not thrown anything out yet this is the last year il be keppin it if nothin flys from him
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:36 pm

thats what i mean when i said some fanciers just presume they can off load the stray onto the finder, its not your problem or responsability if he has sorted his pairs out.........he should have thought about that when he sent it racing. hope it breeds a good un for you rene, but it just shows some are cheeky b******s No
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:39 pm

very true mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:55 pm

hi rene, are you sending tonight.....?
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:21 pm

no mate im not sending having a rest this week tryin to keep the one i do have for my dads trophy and pos the BBC bourdaux then just con on my YBs thats if all go's to plan that is lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

reporting strays Empty
PostSubject: Re: reporting strays   reporting strays Empty

Back to top Go down

reporting strays
Page 1 of 1