Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
club members  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 pm

» Good Morning
club members  Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
club members  Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
club members  Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
club members  Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
club members  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
club members  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
club members  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
club members  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) club members  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.club members  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
club members  Vote_lcapclub members  Voting_barclub members  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222883 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
club members  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
club members  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

club members

Go down 
+6
Don Webb
peel bros
MISTY
David
redrog
oldstrain
10 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

club members  Empty
PostSubject: club members    club members  EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 8:47 am

how many club members do you have ...we have 14 but 2 rarely race so 12 active members ...this yr another 2 were going to pack in as they find it difficult to train so we offered to train there birds for them so we have kept hold of those 2 lovely old boys to, one of them is deaf so a bit of hard work regards communication but we get by,it has always puzzled me why more fanciers don't train together ,it seems a lot are packing in so just trying to see whats going on around the country regards members...thanks for any forthcoming answers atb
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:51 am

down from 12 sending to 7, lost members to other clubs due to fed allowing them to join, our club house looking dodgy now due to a club originally funded by local pit workers now wanting an annual rent that is just out of our range, hope we can get a stay or find new lodgings been there over 40years so sad ending for all Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 1:16 pm

last time i counted around 17 members, not been for a while but i know theres less now.........and probably around 7 members sending regularly .

ive no right to complain about those not sending or participating as i havnt races for years, dont really intent to if im honest ........ No No
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 4:21 pm

In a comparatively small area we have 4 clubs, some with dual memberships.

All could fly in one club.

Most fly in the same Fed.

Rarely have any of them with double figures sending, in fact often low single figures.

Could have one good club ???????.

Regards,

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 9:12 pm

If the RPRA had anything about them they could have restricted the number of clubs by only allowing one club within an area, this would have cut all the costs.

But then????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 am

yes exactly misty 1 club in certain radius but then the rpra would not be able to call in club fees etc...from many clubs in the same area stifling their profit that's spent on jollys and pensions and cars etc...not to mention the useless raptor alliance at £30,000 a year along with office and costs etc...when you look at names in top positions or influencing positions the same names crop up ...

Last edited by oldstrain on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 4:08 pm

We have 14 but like you darren 2 don't bother much . But in our club we have the top 2 flyers in our fed
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 7:10 pm

peel bros wrote:
We have 14 but like you darren 2 don't bother much . But in our club we have the top 2 flyers in our fed

Will agree with you Ray but that number should be 3 as you and Daz are making them sit up mate
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 2:57 pm

5 here. Fed toppers 2 of them. Topped it a few times 600 miles down to 200. Not recently though. Big Fed. Fed counts more. No disrespect to club winners.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 4:38 pm

halcanada wrote:
5 here. Fed toppers 2 of them. Topped it a few times 600 miles down to 200. Not recently though. Big Fed. Fed counts more. No disrespect to club winners.

we have 3 open winners in our club to and they are top flyers one won the amalgamation to ,I think all clubs these days have at least 2 or 3 exceptional flyers in them ...that's not in doubt ,how can anyone disrespect club winners as they have to win the club before they win the open  lol! our open is basically a fed no different just different name ,they just aswell call it a fed we have 8 basket station and 62 members last yr ...at the end of the day one can only race against what is sent and the birdage is in decline no doubt about that but the only alternative is south road racing here where I am situated and that's no more than 100 miles every week apart from 4 races that's not interesting enough for me when the north folds we may go bicc and just use the south club/fed route for training atb
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 7:53 pm

I agree oldstrain.

I have always though that club racing is the fairest, and offers the least advantages.

If you have decent competition into a reasonable area the advantages are reduced, and races as hard to win as any.

It is ridiculous to compare a pigeon flying some times 200 or 300 miles further than others.

It is like comparing a 100 yards race with a mile race using a velocity of determining the winner (in athletics).

Nothing should be taken from the credit of FED and National winners, BUT ?????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 pm

I have a 40 plus mile overfly. Farthest Fed members are abou 100 miles farther than me. North is 80 miles. We fly east to west. Depends were one is located I guess. The prevailing wind is from the West but this year was mainly from the east.
Some fast races occurred.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 9:17 pm

12 members in our club only have 7 at the best usually 5 most weeks some members in other clubs and feds so we take what comes going back to you ray having the best two in the fed you being one of them and having a good season as always twelve members is regarded as a big club now
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 10:47 pm

markevans wrote:
12 members in our club only have 7 at the best usually 5 most weeks  some members in other clubs and feds so we take what comes going back to you ray having the best two in the fed you being one of them and having a good season as always twelve members is regarded as a big club now

Mark in the 80/90's in our area the small clubs would have at least 30 members my own club
The Tipton and District HS had 100 members in a 3/4 mile radius and we had anything from 75-85 members send each week with 600-750 birds a week sent between 30-40 crates on the Worcester Federation transporter

Can see why Tony Cowan called the Black Country the Antwerp of Britain when he filmed Mark Evans of Wednesbury.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 6:32 pm

too much back biting in our club, some all too keen to stir things up and complain ......
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Darren don't do anything on spur of moment. Wait see how it goes, maybe beat them at their own game next season, then they'll change the programme back to what it was for the following year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 pm

barnie wrote:
Darren don't do anything on spur of moment. Wait see how it goes, maybe beat them at their own game next season, then they'll change the programme back to what it was for the following year Very Happy

I know the guy who runs the south club in my area he has always said I am welcome at anytime so no need to jump in ,thanks colin
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 4:26 am

David wrote:
too much back biting in our club, some all too keen to stir things up and complain ......
Not much of that happens down here etc David Wink Wink Most clubs now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad are lucky to even have one general financial AGM meeting for the year on average Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 11:03 am

You always get the back street lawyers, know (or think) they know everything, always complaining, never doing anything, just part and parcel of life.

Cannot understand you oldstrain, all you have to do is not clock in for ten minutes every race and your problems will be over.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 3:25 pm

MISTY wrote:
You always get the back street lawyers, know (or think) they know everything, always complaining, never doing anything, just part and parcel of life.

Cannot understand you oldstrain, all you have to do is not clock in for ten minutes every race and your problems will be over.

Regards.

lol! lol! lol! looks like a few are not happy with it ,thing is it costs about £250 to transport to the longer races and nobodys sending ah well it will all come out in the wash at the agm ...I will attend this year and ask the committee where the logic is
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 3:43 pm

12 seems to be the amount most have , but that's it we have to just get on with it but saying that the best flyers still race and still hard to beat and gave been for a long time but we still try
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 7:02 pm

I think double figures for a club today is good ray ...ours and 1 other are the only ones with such in our district
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 9:34 pm

oldstrain wrote:
I think double figures for a club today is good ray ...ours and 1 other are the only ones with such in our district
Few clubs here O/S Smile Smile on average, are blessed with 12 members etc or double figures Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. The days of having the baskets out side in the rain on basket night Wink Wink & 3000 odd birds from the local centre in a race bounce bounce are but a distant memory here now I'm affraid.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

club members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: club members    club members  Empty

Back to top Go down

club members
Page 1 of 1