Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
bad news for us Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
bad news for us Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
bad news for us Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
bad news for us Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
bad news for us Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
bad news for us Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
bad news for us Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
bad news for us Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
bad news for us Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) bad news for us 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 77 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.bad news for us Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
bad news for us Vote_lcapbad news for us Voting_barbad news for us Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222740 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
bad news for us Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
bad news for us Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

bad news for us

Go down 
+3
Knackered
David
oldstrain
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 5:48 pm

well the numb nuts have held a meeting and come up with a awful race programme and have taken away 1 yb race to...they have taken Berwick off the programme for thornton (half the distance)and put in elgin at the expense of a yb race where the birdage will be 200 birds if they are lucky ...I just cant get my head around it ...I will object but don't hold much hope of getting anywhere with it ,if it stays the same then bicc racing it will be,it means turning the birds around to race south as opposed to north No yeah really cheesed off with the so called wise men who seem intent on suiting themselves ,the committee are killing this old famous club ffs …anyway rant over ….how has your day been lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 6:30 pm

surprising how pigeon men react when they arnt the highest prize winner any more, when they try to get the advantage back without putting the time and effort in to do better ......seems to me youve ruffled more than a few feathers this season.

i rekon this happens in a lot of clubs, have a bad season, change the route ........ study
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 10:07 pm

most of the committee are distance fanatics which is far enough but not for it to influence the programme ,on reflection we need to make a plan for the Scottish races...our programme for old birds is stratford 60 mile coventry 83 mile Ilkeston 116 mile Pontefract 165 miles ripon 190 miles hexham 245 miles Coventry 83 miles thornton 175 miles Lerwick 605 miles Crieff 355 miles elgin 429 miles Thurso 500 miles ybs we go stratford,stratford 60 miles Coventry,coventry 83 miles Ilkeston 116 miles Rotherham 145 Pontefract 165 ripon 190 Berwick 300 yb programme almost the same as this year apart from this year we had an extra yb race from Ilkeston
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 4:18 am

oldstrain wrote:
well the numb nuts have held a meeting and come up with a awful race programme and have taken away 1 yb race to...they have taken Berwick off the programme for thornton (half the distance)and put in elgin at the expense of a yb race where the birdage will be 200 birds if they are lucky ...I just cant get my head around it ...I will object but don't hold much hope of getting anywhere with it ,if it stays the same then bicc racing it will be,it means turning the birds around to race south as opposed to north No yeah really cheesed off with the so called wise men who seem intent on suiting themselves ,the committee  are killing this old famous club ffs …anyway rant over ….how has your day been lol!
Very Happy Very Happy Nothing wrong with having a wee harmless rant I suspect O/S Wink Wink relieves the pressure valve scenario some what I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Will be having our meeting soon then I will be ranting as someone will definitely upset me Haha. Then again half won't turn up
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 4:00 pm

peel bros wrote:
Will be having our meeting soon   then I will be ranting as someone will definitely upset me Haha.  Then again half won't turn up

you might get the sack ray ............ Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Was chairman for many years, did not mind anyone having a go as long as it was not virtual criminal.

Was the back biters who did all their tittle tattle over garden fences etc; that I deplored.

As Fed delegate there was no one more vocal than me when something did not smell right and I fought until we got rid of the smell.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Two absolutes that never change: Fanciers trying to take an advantage under the misguided logics, and the Glib Tongue has followers doing their' beckoning's.

The stupid logic that they don't fly the distance means less losses etc.
Yet the proven facts are the ALL good pigeons derive from proven distance and hard day races.

Sadly another detriment to the sport and our pigeons is Far, far too many stock birds are, and never were tested. they breed culls, and then they have culls breeding culls. J.M.O.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 7:03 pm

I wish they would sack me david but they won't I'm afraid as nobody else wants the. Job haha
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 8:17 pm

peel bros wrote:
I wish they would sack me david but they won't I'm afraid as nobody else wants the. Job haha

same in our club ray, no one else wants the job ...... No No
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 11:17 pm

Pity you cannot have rules that fanciers have to take turns in all positions in a club.

There are not many that the majority could not take a turn at.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 9:13 am

same at our club ,I am not the sec but more his right arm lol! I help set up the basketing area sorry we ,myself ,Alfie and the father in law help set up the basket area and Alfie and grampy help basket while dad sets the clocks and fills out paperwork ,then we all load the wagon ,alfies job is to sort the basket drinkers and sort the rubbers as his dad was never very good with rubbers they always seem to split lol! pirat we are very active down the club but better than sitting about gossipping or being interrogated as to what you feed or what you do with yer pigeons lol! to me its pleasurable being involved down the cub …we still get time to throw a few darts to while the results being sorted out bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 11:02 am

MISTY wrote:
Pity you cannot have rules that fanciers have to take turns in all positions in a club.

There are not many that the majority could not take a turn at.

Regards.

We have tried and done so in some aspects. Marking, loading the transporter etc. Gosh how were the inventive excuses to get around it lol. We draw up a rota each each and state if not able to fulfil your post on any given night it is down to the person to swap or arrange someone to take their place.
Though not tried the futility of trying Positions... knew it was a waste of time trying.

Indeed, as president, I once warned a few time to all that if they were in the club house to help - instead at the bar/ table talking corridor politics, Sticking chests out and bragging, and stirring the pot as to what those helping should do etc. their birds wouldn't be marked ready to go!
Next week when finishing those birds whose fanciers were in the club house I waited. Then with a quarter of an hour to go I went into the bar! The usual comment 'All Done then' was prevalent. I stated 'All who were in the club house have been marked … If you want yours to go you'd better be snappy and get yours done'! After realising I was serious they went in and we watched them do it... Properly!
They just made it!
I also told them that if they were present to 'Strike off, I would take it that you don't want your clock Struck off - before E,T, of course!
It worked for the rest of the season... But they made sure I wasn't president or chairman or such ever again lol.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 9:07 pm

oldstrain wrote:
same at our club ,I am not the sec but more his right arm lol! I help set up the basketing area sorry we ,myself ,Alfie and the father in law help set up the basket area and Alfie and grampy help basket while dad sets the clocks and fills out paperwork ,then we all load the wagon ,alfies job is to sort the basket drinkers and sort the rubbers as his dad was never very good with rubbers they always seem to split lol! pirat we are very active down the club but better than sitting about gossipping or being interrogated as to what you feed or what you do with yer pigeons lol! to me its pleasurable being involved down the cub …we still get time to throw a few darts to while the results being sorted out bounce bounce
Don't blame poor old dad etc I suggest  O/S Very Happy Very Happy for the rubbers splitting there Wink Wink as the same thing happens here on a regular type basis as such. Quality now is total rubbish on average when comparing them to the old type rubbers I've found. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 6:13 pm

spoke to a fellow club member yesterday, and ive a feeling we will be have some resignations at the agm .......im seriously thinking about it my self, as i dont intend racing in the future, although i will still keep my birds .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 pm

David wrote:
spoke to a fellow club member yesterday, and ive a feeling we will be have some resignations at the agm .......im seriously thinking about it my self, as i dont intend racing in the future, although i will still keep my birds .
Also reached that stage here etc David Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes sadly. Have one empty stock loft here as such now as I speak, 20'X12'  Smile Smile free, if any one is interested. But I warn you all  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  it's that old unfortunately, it's built with asbestos type cladding I'm affraid. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 7:25 pm

it must be old then knackered ........... affraid affraid

too far away also .......... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 9:34 pm

A willing horse etc;

It is heart breaking reading all the negatives, with very few new ideas for the improvement of our sport.

There are more and more entire clearance sales, fanciers wanting to recoup outlays they feel will be impossible very soon, then old age and disillusion abounds.

I feel the old fanciers should stay in the sport as long as possible, there are some youngsters interested but not enough and they need all the help possible.

Something to me does not add up, you see studs saying all their first round .all sold out etc; JUST WHO IS BUYING THEM, when numerous well bred ones are being offered free?.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 10:41 pm

MISTY wrote:
A willing horse etc;

It is heart breaking reading all the negatives, with very few new ideas for the improvement of our sport.

There are more and more entire clearance sales, fanciers wanting to recoup outlays they feel will be impossible very soon, then old age and disillusion abounds.

I feel the old fanciers should stay in the sport as long as possible, there are some youngsters interested but not enough and they need all the help possible.

Something to me does not add up, you see studs saying all their first round  .all sold out etc; JUST WHO IS BUYING THEM, when numerous well bred ones are being offered free?.

Regards.
Very Happy Very Happy One just scratches ones head at times Misty etc Smile Smile when you try to figure out who buys what & when at times, in a pigeon sense. Talk on a regular basis here with some of the best as such & rarely do people come knocking on there door for top pigeons. But just down the road from me here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad is a total dog of a flyer, who has a big mouth as such & is also internet savvy & it's one continual line of people wishing to buy his birds for some strange reason. Crazy from my perspective, but true in every sense Very Happy Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Will it float and hold water? If so then could Misty, me and David row it over! lol bounce Very Happy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 8:57 pm

yes daz, wouldnt mind a forum visit to knackered`s , free board and lodgings for a few weeks ............ cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Think it an OARSOME idea.

I could count the strokes as cox.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 9:20 pm

if we set off now misty, we might get there in time for racing season ......... Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 9:28 pm

What a lovely thought, in particular if Knackered got all the best from the food banks.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 8:51 am

careful lads the hills have eyes and all that,them outbackers alien will eat anything ya know ….nevermind food banks ya could end up on the shelf yerself like lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bad news for us Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad news for us   bad news for us Empty

Back to top Go down

bad news for us
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next