Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Strange notification. Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:41 pm

» Weather today
Strange notification. Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:31 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Strange notification. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Strange notification. Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» SEO Company in Chennai
Strange notification. Emptyby tharunjohar50 Yesterday at 11:37 am

» escaped birds return
Strange notification. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Strange notification. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Strange notification. Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Strange notification. Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Strange notification. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 94 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Strange notification. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Strange notification. Vote_lcapStrange notification. Voting_barStrange notification. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Strange notification. Vote_lcapStrange notification. Voting_barStrange notification. Vote_rcap 
tharunjohar50
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222730 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Strange notification. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Strange notification. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Strange notification.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Strange notification. Empty
PostSubject: Strange notification.   Strange notification. EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 1:22 am

Got an email from the CU today. Dead bird notification.
16/CU/6000. Worried me! Good pigeon. Checked the stock loft. Bird is in there!
Strange notification. 000_1023
Strange notification. 000_1024
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Strange notification.   Strange notification. EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 10:06 am

Maybe duplicate ring was issued Knackered, or the finder a bit over the limit.

Would send for ring just for a matter of interest.

Strange things do not only happen in ROME.

Just look at BREXIT.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Strange notification.   Strange notification. EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Thankful for small mercies then Hal lol.
Mind when I came onto this topic, half way down the first thing I saw was the Bird, and instantly knew it was yours Hal. Always loved your pigeons Hal.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Strange notification.   Strange notification. EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 4:00 pm

Would you beleive it? Another email. The person reporting it was aked if there were any initials on the ring. Said EDM! Edmonton, Alberta. Pigeon belonged to Tmak!!!!
Pigeon shown is out of his stuff!!Strange notification. 000_1025
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Strange notification.   Strange notification. EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 4:55 pm

MISTY wrote:
Maybe duplicate ring was issued Knackered, or the finder a bit over the limit.

Would send for ring just for a matter of interest.

Strange things do not only happen in ROME.

Just look at BREXIT.

Regards.
Very Happy Very Happy Maybe so Misty  Wink WinkSmile Smile.  But then bounce bounce maybe a spec savers issue etc (glasses) or the hearing aid issue by those at the other end as such I suggest/suspect Very Happy Very Happy maybe. All that being said, I'm glad Hal didn't have/make a trip for nothing there to pick the wrong pigeon up. Also, ring duplication does occur at times as you say & I have found myself in that exact same position on race night here when I put both of them in the same race on the same day. Confusion some what lol! lol! lol! it was, for those that had not seen it before type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Strange notification.   Strange notification. EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Seems harmless, if somewhat annoying.
Not like a mate of mine had. The actual club and Federation president. The RPRA informed him his pigeon such and such had been reported, as a stray.
He checked the finders names, a club member!
The bird stated was still in his loft, and had won for him three times.
When challenged why he had reported his bird, after a red face or two, the fancier told him he was asked to by the 'Chairman' (Till now a very good friend, or so he thought. Indeed they with wife's used to play cards together on a Sunday night often) to make sure that the pigeon belonged to him.
Yes, friendships became strained, and trust lost!
Funnily enough, when I joined the club after moving to that area, I started up with a few given youngsters. All transferred into my name.
I went to the first young bird race with some about 50% of them. When that same chairman, who was doing the race sheets that night, refused to let them go to the race. Stating he knew where I had got them from, and they hadn't been transferred in my name!
I took time trying to tell him differently and stay calm all to no avail. He stated 'Say what you like; they won't be going through tonight to race'!
I lost it and released them there and then.
The president - who wasn't in the marking station, but heard came to me asking why? I told him. He challenged the chairman there and then as to why and what. His answer was he knew the fancier ( his mate) that let me have six youngsters the week before, and they weren't transferred. True I was still waiting for the cards to come through, but the 16 I has taken were! Indeed half a brain would have told him that the birds I HAD brought to race weren't four-week-old youngsters. He has torn a strip off I was told I could have still gone them as trainers but not raced. But the Chairman was a self-righteous idiot. A man convicted twice for robbing his bosses - His friend.

Still, he got his comeuppance soon after. He followed the hounds big time. Got into an argument that had nothing to do with him with an 'Animal Right' youngster.
Blew his top big time and had a heart attack …
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Strange notification.   Strange notification. EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Daz wrote:
Seems harmless, if somewhat annoying.
Not like a mate of mine had. The actual club and Federation president. The RPRA informed him his pigeon such and such had been reported, as a stray.
He checked the finders names, a club member!
The bird stated was still in his loft, and had won for him three times.
When challenged why he had reported his bird, after a red face or two, the fancier told him he was asked to by the 'Chairman' (Till now a very good friend, or so he thought. Indeed they with wife's used to play cards together on a Sunday night often) to make sure that the pigeon belonged to him.
Yes, friendships became strained, and trust lost!
Funnily enough, when I joined the club after moving to that area, I started up with a few given youngsters. All transferred into my name.
I went to the first young bird race with some about 50% of them. When that same chairman, who was doing the race sheets that night, refused to let them go to the race. Stating he knew where I had got them from, and they hadn't been transferred in my name!
I took time trying to tell him differently and stay calm all to no avail. He stated 'Say what you like; they won't be going through tonight to race'!
I lost it and released them there and then.
The president - who wasn't in the marking station, but heard came to me asking why? I told him. He challenged the chairman there and then as to why and what. His answer was he knew the fancier ( his mate) that let me have six youngsters the week before, and they weren't transferred. True I was still waiting for the cards to come through, but the 16 I has taken were! Indeed half a brain would have told him that the birds I HAD brought to race weren't four-week-old youngsters. He has torn a strip off I was told I could have still gone them as trainers but not raced. But the Chairman was a self-righteous idiot.  A man convicted twice for robbing his bosses - His friend.

Still, he got his comeuppance soon after. He followed the hounds big time. Got into an argument that had nothing to do with him with an 'Animal Right' youngster.
Blew his top big time and had a heart attack …
Just Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a self righteous idiot/moron type I would suggest Daz Wink Wink sadly. Find them in all walks of life I've found Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes especially bounce bounce the higher up the ladder one tends to go type of thing Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Strange notification.   Strange notification. EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 am

You've nailed that in one.
When younger he tried to play football. Was a good decent team too. He only got in if players short... or needed to STOP any decent attacker.
For he would just blunder in hacking away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange notification.   Strange notification. Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange notification.
Page 1 of 1