Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Old members ? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Old members ? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Old members ? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Old members ? Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Old members ? Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Old members ? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Old members ? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Old members ? Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Old members ? Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Old members ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 66 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Old members ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Old members ? Vote_lcapOld members ? Voting_barOld members ? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222740 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Old members ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Old members ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Old members ?

Go down 
+3
MISTY
Daz
peel bros
7 posters
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:49 am

Noticed we have lost a few members over the years , some good members as well . Not sure why but probably difference of opinions extra. Anyway I think these members should be asked back somehow by invitation or whatever and if they refuse fair enough. Let's get this forum back to the good old days. We all argue us pigeon men but that's part of the game because we are all right haha
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 11:22 am

I believe the 'Changing of the game/ sport' has a lot to answer for.
The social element of the club and the mean 'Win at all costs' attitude.
It has taken away much joy, and dealt a nasty blow to too many. Killed the love off.

Ask many of such and the answer will be revolved around 'Not the same' and 'Too much politics and one 'One Upmanship'. The also rans now- that help pay and do much work for the club are Looked down upon too often too. J.M./O.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 12:12 pm

Members on the forum I meant sorry . We should try and get some back in my opinion. It's worth a go ...
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 6:58 pm

One problem is that everything regarding our sport has been covered countless times other than trying to fly pigeons backwards.

So there has to be some give and take regarding what is discussed, one mans meat etc;.

Most fanciers have problems and field days and both can give plenty of interesting posts.

I feel every member should attempt to contribute, the silent ones may have a better input to offer than those who post on a regular basis.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:14 pm

peel bros wrote:
Noticed we have lost a few members over the years , some good members as well . Not sure why but probably difference of opinions extra. Anyway I think these members should be asked back somehow by invitation or whatever and if they refuse fair enough.  Let's get this forum back to the good old days. We all argue us pigeon men but that's part of the game because we are all right haha
Agree Smile Smile But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes easier said than done etc I suspect thou Ray Very Happy Very Happy I'm  affraid. The likes of Rudd, Rene/Ginger & the like are sadly missed from my perspective down here. Little said here, for what I've seen that has an agro nature attached about it on average, so suspect much must goes on behind closed doors I'm affraid which maybe is the cause of why they just no longer post some thing of interest for all. All that being said Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the fly in fly out types Smile Smile like now, which is 23 plus 3 registered is maybe the future if one could just some how understand, Why oh Why  bounce  bounce they look, but do not contribute as such. Now  Very Happy  Very Happy cracker night down here to-night  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes for the new year, so any one looking for a treat  lol!  lol!  lol! maybe just watch the fire works display from up Sydney way  bounce  bounce over their harbour bridge & around the opera house area, for the sheer enjoyment factor  Wink  Wink.   cheers flower afro
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:37 pm

MISTY wrote:
One problem is that everything regarding our sport has been covered countless times other than trying to fly pigeons backwards.

So there has to be some give and take regarding what is discussed, one mans meat etc;.

Most fanciers have problems and field days and both can give plenty of interesting posts.

I feel every member should attempt to contribute, the silent ones may have a better input to offer than those who post on a regular basis.

Regards.      
lol! lol! lol! Very Happy Very Happy Thanks for that Misty Smile Smile I appreciate your wisdom. Be warned thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes all my future posts here now bounce bounce will be of a 2 word nature etc. Like Wink Wink good morning, good evening lol! lol! lol! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes or even maybe, hot/wet Smile Smile type of thing  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 10:39 pm

Come on you old rogue, like me hard to keep quiet and a good job too, but a little help from others would go a long way to lighten things up a bit.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 12:09 am

I assume many look in to here and do not post. I would not know how many.
Why they do not post? No idea. Have them post something or delete them.
Fireworks in Sydney? Thought folks would just look at the bush?
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 7:54 am

Yes lots don't post but I am on about old good members we had , good posters . I myself had a run in a couple of years ago with one in particular but I would have to bite the bullet and believe me its would kill be to bring him back but I can't put a post up and then have certain people come back and not others even though our biggest trouble maker. But what I am saying is give them the opportunity to say yes or no. They all each and everyone of them could be sent a invitation of some sort and take it from there . Even we only get a couple back that's ok but it's worth a go . We have lost some good contributors on here as well as some idiots but it's the good ones we need , I doubt the bad ones will return anyway due to pride . ...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:02 am

i think facebook is the main reason members drift away from pigeon forums ray, they seem to prefer talking sh*t on there rather than post on a forum...........also members pack in with pigeons and have no need for forums any more .

some just loose interest and concentrate on their birds or private lives, rather than talk pigeons with other fanciers.

would be nice to have some input from new members too, rather than join and never been seen again ........

thankfully we still have some loyal members who still support the forum .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:26 am

thing is some of them were trouble makers ray and if they came back we may lose our loyal ones eh ...opinions count for nowt to me and can have a row and shake hands after but spiteful is spiteful and causing trouble for the sake of it is not on ...atb
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 am

Looking at the overall membership one would feel that there would be far more participants regarding posts.

As a new relative new comer I think many will have, as David says, either packed pigeons in, gone to the loft in the sky or feel there is nothing they can contribute.

I know other pigeon related sites only allow members to have access to their sites, they do not like anything that goes against THEIR opinions, nor have they a regard for facts and the truth.

Cliques rule the roost.

Fanciers on this site say what they want to say without fear or favour, as it should be.

As a matter of interest I would like to see fanciers on site exchange a pair of youngsters, drawn from hat to see who gets whose and follow the performances.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:39 am

peel bros wrote:
Yes lots don't post but I am on about old good members we had , good posters . I myself had a run in a couple of years ago with one in particular but I would have to bite the bullet and believe me its would kill be to bring him back but I can't put a post up and then have certain people come back and not others even though our biggest trouble maker. But what I am saying is give them the opportunity to say yes or no. They all each and everyone of them could be sent a invitation of some sort and take it from there . Even we only get a couple back that's ok but it's worth a go . We have lost some good contributors on here as well as some idiots but it's the good ones we need , I doubt the bad ones will return anyway due to pride . ...

he packed in with pigeons i got told ray, so he wont be back ........ Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:52 am

MISTY wrote:
Looking at the overall membership one would feel that there would be far more participants regarding posts.

As a new relative new comer I think many will have, as David says, either packed pigeons in, gone to the loft in the sky or feel there is nothing they can contribute.

I know other pigeon related sites only allow members to have access to their sites, they do not like anything that goes against THEIR opinions, nor have they a regard for facts and the truth.

Cliques rule the roost.

Fanciers on this site say what they want to say without fear or favour, as it should be.

As a matter of interest I would like to see fanciers on site exchange  a pair of youngsters, drawn from hat to see who gets whose and follow the performances.

Regards.

true misty, we have had a few very good members who sadly arnt with us any more, they were good contributers to the forum too, they also brought other members here because they were popular and would always have something to say ........I must admit i have not been as active as i used to be, but sometimes it s disheartening to see the forum so dead when it was once a hive of activity .

as for the yb exchance misty, yes we did this a few years ago and it was well liked by the members, but i think the price of couriers put a stop to it .........
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 3:02 pm

Ok fair enough. Some good points made. At the end of the day they have gone and like Darren said we don't want some certain trouble makers back spoiling our small but great site .
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 5:22 pm

The Alberta Classic was a good forum. Always activity, world wide. Then that seemed to fade away. Have not looked in their for quite a while. There are many Facebook sites devoted to pigeons. Racers, fancy birds etc,. Probably a main cause of Forums dwindling.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:14 pm

halcanada wrote:
The Alberta Classic was a good forum.  Always activity, world wide. Then that seemed to fade away.  Have not looked in their for quite a while. There are many Facebook sites devoted to pigeons. Racers, fancy birds etc,.  Probably a main cause of Forums dwindling.
True Smile Smile just gone the way of the Dinosour's now thou I'm affraid sadly Hal Smile Smile The Alberta site etc. Remember, well Wink  Wink a few good argumenative type sites lol! lol! lol! of old from your local area there bounce bounce which were great fun Very Happy Very Happy as long as one was like a duck lol! lol! lol! & just happy to let the abuse flow over ones back like water type of thing. Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old members ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old members ?   Old members ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Old members ?
Page 1 of 1