Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Love a good moan eh! Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Love a good moan eh! 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Love a good moan eh! Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Love a good moan eh! Vote_lcapLove a good moan eh! Voting_barLove a good moan eh! Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Love a good moan eh! Vote_lcapLove a good moan eh! Voting_barLove a good moan eh! Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Love a good moan eh! Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Love a good moan eh! Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Love a good moan eh!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Love a good moan eh! Empty
PostSubject: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 2:15 pm

I'm not moaning, Gosh, may that never be the case. I am proud of that fact. As you will all realise now, I am nothing if not a peaceful and caring fellow. Only always too pleased to help. To put matters right in a loving, very patient,and a helpful way. However, sometimes, sad to say, I feel the response falls well short of respect. Unbelievable, to say the least.
Now, as I mentioned only a couple of days ago, how helpful I am in considerate ways—always trying to find the excellent lady things to do! Though I may say at times, I feel, Joyce doesn't appreciate it. No matter how nicely I put it to help her! To stop her from getting bored. We all well know the adage 'Idle hands' etc.
Well, yesterday I knew, just knew she was on a crusade. One, if not nipping in the bud, would be a 'Warcry. For something was on her mind. Something she wanted to mention, whatever that was. Firstly I heard the clanging and bumping about in the bedroom— the weight of her on the bed. Curtains being opened. I could have got mad then, because it was only 20 to eleven in the morning! But, lovingly I didn't. I just tried to roll over and get back to much-needed shut-eye!
Then, you won't believe this; she started hoovering the bedroom! True! I kid you not. Well, I asked her politely to turn the ***ING THING OFF! As any rational person would.
But I couldn't get back to sleep, so deciding to get up, asked her to pop down and make me breakfast and have a cuppa ready.

Well, I like peace and quiet, as most of us do when enjoying a full English breakfast and a pott of tea. Yet! I made a mistake. I knew it as soon as I said. 'Thanks'! For the flood gates nigh opened. Well, would have if I allowed it. Firstly having a go at me for moaning about her hoovering up, saying I often told her to do as such! – Which, I agree I do sometimes when she has nothing to do, say 'Go and do some hoovering'. It helps her pass the time of day. So the good lady was partially right. But, as I told her 'No flipping reason to turn it on in the morning in the bedroom when folks are trying to get a decent sleep.'.
Then the knees. Oh them knees she moaned. Moaned that they were so sore, so tender, even to the touch Especially between the knee joints, I said 'Well, What do you expect gallivanting around rooftops cleaning out weeds. On old planks at that! It's a wonder you didn't get splinters'. I further explained it was what most women got scrubbing doorsteps for 2/6 a time weekly—called 'House Maid knees'! Millions of women get it! That it would ease and get better.
'I've got splinters too' she moaned. As if it was a medal of honour!
'Well' said I 'Bread and milk is a simple solution to draw them out … Or better still, save money and dig them out with a needle'! You can see how helpful I am, besides being practical! I'm all heart!
Well, a bit of peace came, for I decided to do some cooking. I do enjoy that. The good lady was somewhere else, popping in to say, or ask something. I said 'Can't you see I am busy'! To give her, her due, she left me in peace for a while.
I baked a beautiful loaf of bread: a meat and potatoes pie with onions, with the odd dash of herbs etc. Then I made an apple and blackberry pie. You would think she'd happy with me doing things for her! Saving her time to do other things she liked—something or other she wanted to do eh! I had made a list in this regards, but somehow she failed to find it. Unbelievable, I know. So I put it on the arm of her favourite chair where she likes to sit - if having time. But, I often think 'Idle Hands etc. Feeling she may be thinking up things to moan about. Or to give me grief.

She picked on me stating 'I don't know why you have to make pies, nor so many at once?
I replied 'because I like them. I would have thought it was obvious'.
'Well I don't like pastry, as you well know, it upsets my stomach.'
'So? I like pastry'. I replied.
'They upset me, besides, you shouldn't be having pastry either as you well know'! She continued.
'Ah, but I can cut the pastry off yours for you can't I.'
'You still won't eat all the pastry even then will you. So Its goes to waste'.
'Well it wouldn't go to waste if you ate it, now would it'! I retaliated.
Thus expressing that it wasn't me wasting it, But her!
Because if she ate pastry, it wouldn't be wasted! Simple that, but it seems it always falls on deaf ears.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:33 pm

Well, you offer a well-meaning hand. I decided to cook my excellent lady her dinner. Well actually substitute the Pastry etc. I even cut the Pastry off for her!
I, put a part of a Walnut cake. Even in pieces. Then poured the custard over it—all for her! Talk about biting the hand that feeds them, eh! Finished eating she moved away saying 'well you started so you can finish. I first off thought she was bragging in regards to hearing 'Master Mind' once and was showing off. But no! She expected me to do the washing up and drying off.
I told her point-blank not to exceed her station and to get on with it1 Some folks eh! Give an inch, and they demand a mile, eh!
Sometimes she amazes me with an answer. Like this morning, I came in the house after about half-hour. I'd been talking to a neighbour, putting him right and wise over a few things. I think he was impressed,because he couldn't wait to go in and tell his son and family what I said.
  Well, I took my cap off and sat in my favourite chair as normal! I always sit there sorting the horses out there.
Well, the good lady asked if I'd like a cuppa of tea.  I thought but didn't say that that was So obviously it is the norm. replied 'That would be nice.'
Then the silly asking came 'Where o you want it'!
'In the cup, I said, 'I'd thought that that was obvious.

Last edited by Daz on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 3:25 pm

You have a big heart!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 7:26 pm

halcanada80 wrote:
You have a big heart!
lol! lol! lol! the utter compassion showed towards Joyce etc at times Very Happy Very Happy is quite amazing I suggest Hal Wink Wink. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes times/dates scenario Smile Smile I'm an absolute shocker I'm affraid in that area, sadly. Example Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad daughter is 46 & I'm just starting to get her birth date right after 46 years Smile Smile as it's the numbers I require now of sorts to use too just log in on my computer here because she set it all up for me when I got my new model recently. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 7:43 pm

Lol,
Mind in all honesty Joyce is a very, very good and excellent wife. I couldn't get better, and no need to try and wish in that regards - and my standards Are very high lol Wink - In fact I couldn't write or sing her praises high enough. We have never ever been apart in over the 20 odd years we've been together.
We are still able to converse constantly. Always, but always have time to talk to converse.
Yes! she doesn't like religion etc. But hey, then there isn't very many that do in this day and age.
I find it easy to be flippant, and take a rise. Indeed once I start it just dribbles on and on and on.
I think I would have to spend quite a lot of time trying, to tell the truth and singing her virtues!

Honestly, a great wife, wonderful mother and incredible Gran Mother. Yep, so what is there not to love eh!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Daz wrote:
Lol,
Mind in all honesty Joyce is a very, very good and excellent wife. I couldn't get better, and no need to try and wish in that regards - and my standards Are very high lol  Wink  -  In fact I couldn't write or sing her praises high enough. We have never ever been apart in over the 20 odd years we've been together.
We are still able to converse constantly. Always, but always have time to talk to converse.
Yes! she doesn't like religion etc. But hey, then there isn't very many that do in this day and age.
I find it easy to be flippant, and take a rise. Indeed once I start it just dribbles on and on and on.
I think I would have to spend quite a lot of time trying, to tell the truth and singing  her virtues!

Honestly, a great wife, wonderful mother and incredible Gran Mother. Yep, so what is there not to love eh!
Fortunate are we both etc Daz  Smile Smile to strike it lucky type of thing Wink Wink. A good one Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes controls the family structure I feel, even if they do have total control with the credit/visa card Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers & take care
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 12:13 pm

How true is the 'Adage' 'The best thing for any man is a good woman! the worst... A bad one'! Yes third time lucky eh! Mind the first wife was pretty good too... I was the immature one. Second, Sheer evil lol.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 12:40 pm

Daz wrote:
How true is the 'Adage' 'The best thing for any man is a good woman! the worst... A bad one'! Yes third time lucky eh! Mind the first wife was pretty good too... I was the immature one. Second, Sheer evil lol.

lol! lol! lol! such a way with words etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 12:56 pm

At least Daz you have experienced the good the bad and the average.

My first wife was a devout Witness, my only problem was I did not deserve her, you often only realise your short comings when it is to late to make amends.

Hopefully looking forward to a reunion when I can make up for my short comings.

My present wife of 24 years is an angel, a better wife one could not ask for.

But I think you only have one soul mate.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 11:26 am

my better half and me have been together since she was 15 and i was 16 .......and i trust her with my life, i know whatever "advise" she gives me is for my benefit, i know she has my back, she always has done ........ cheers cheers cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 12:25 pm

[quote="Daz"]How true is the 'Adage' 'The best thing for any man is a good woman! the worst... A bad one'! Yes David, you - and most likely the good wife too - are a part of the lucky ones. I'm pleased for you both.

Indeed it is very often the main stay for rearing good and level headed kids.

Having agreed with that, we all know, of should do that 'Bad association spoil good habits'1 etc.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 1:03 pm

A very lucky chap David, although hard work and compromise must have been involved.

When my wife died I was a lost soul, regrets, recriminations, you name it.

Took 14 years and a series of treatments for depression before I came round.

Would never have done so but for REAL FRIENDS, none pigeon related.

Indeed none of the pigeon fanciers were aware of what I was going through, just behaved normally at club etc.

Had both male and female friends who were a real shoulder to cry on.

After14 years whilst visiting a site where the lady owner used to make me breakfast when I visited to see the work told me she had a good friend whose husband had passed away and was lonely and she would arrange a meeting.

Met my present wife at the meeting and we married within weeks.

Thanked God ever since.

God works in mysterious ways.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Just proves David, some are lucky in love, others not so.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 4:55 pm

You know, I am, like amazed of the good and honest Christian, yes real and truthful the J.W's are doing.

We have Elders looking and helping us all. The younger ones fetch and carry for the older ones. Doing their' shopping and running errands etc. The older ones, especially those alone get many calls a day via phone. To have a chat etc. which helps with passing the time. I, speak and text many. Indeed, I've just thought I must phone Jill again, besides others. A really lovely old dear. Getting on a bit, but certainly has her marbles.

Yes the sheep and flock is thriving and gaining every day. Nearly a 1000 baptise every day.
We have well over 300 publishers probably 350 attending meetings - Meetings are split in half- 450 or so at the memorial. Was 12 or so when I first attended lol.
Any way it feels good and has Good well factor when I know, and see how the J,W.'s care. Not just for themselves and their congregations etc. But all and any worldwide.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:07 pm

I believe whole heartedly in the Witnesses, however, were they not right regarding God, it would still be a wonderful world if all lived according to their beliefs, all of which are being confirmed daily.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:39 pm

MISTY wrote:
Just proves David, some are lucky in love, others not so.

Regards.

might be just that no body else will have us misty ....... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Misty, as you may recall it is just one of the Four  Horses.

The four horsemen may seem mysterious and terrifying, but that does not have to be the case. Why not? Because the Bible and the events of modern history help us to identify clearly what each horseman pictures. And although their ride has signalled calamity on earth, it can also mean good news for you and your family. How so? First, by letting one to determine the identity of each horseman. Yes they started to ride in 1914 as foretold etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love a good moan eh!   Love a good moan eh! Empty

Back to top Go down

Love a good moan eh!
Page 1 of 1