Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Love at first site Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Love at first site Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
Love at first site Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
Love at first site Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
Love at first site Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Love at first site Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Love at first site Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Love at first site Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Love at first site Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Love at first site 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Love at first site Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Love at first site Vote_lcapLove at first site Voting_barLove at first site Vote_rcap 
David
Love at first site Vote_lcapLove at first site Voting_barLove at first site Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Love at first site Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Love at first site Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Love at first site

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 pm

had a cock that wouldn't pair up, put him with about five hens, just wasnt interested so i just kept him just in case. had hen come back last week i lost her in the 2nd week in august so i cankered her and treated her. After the week i put her in the widowhood shed and what do you know these two have paired. i lost her for six months now i cant even put my hand in there box with out them both attacking me.

And these birds came back on the first ever race to win 1st and 2nd club

has anyone had any strange things like this
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:46 pm

i had a pair of ybs that had paired i lost the hen for 2 months and her cock sulked until her return,this month i paired them with different partners and would they take no so i put them back together and all is harmony as i did not want to upset the cock as he won a first place last yb season and i exspect good things of him this coming season ,i do believe that certain pairs just click and are best left together if they are racers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:55 pm

i parted all my young birds last year so i dont think they paired together but if this keeps them happy so am i
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

[quote="wraggydoll2008"]i parted all my young birds last year so i dont think they paired together but if this keeps them happy so am i[/quo i only bred 10 so i left them together it seemed to motivate them though this year i have bred later and will have a few more but i will still leave them together unless they start to pair prior to raceing as i found last year they got lazy once they paired and need to be trained as soon as they do
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:50 pm

this cud be a matched pair ive just lucked them up in book and the cock is 1 i got off a pair off simeon turner ,he is a scrbe in the raceing pigeon , the hen is off neil steptoe from sussex he won the national last year fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:52 pm

wraggydoll2008 wrote:
this cud be a matched pair ive just lucked them up in book and the cock is 1 i got off a pair off simeon turner ,he is a scrbe in the raceing pigeon , the hen is off neil steptoe from sussex he won the national last year fingers crossed
good luck with them wraggy doll Wink
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:43 pm

hopr they breede some winners for you wraggy, it muxt be fate the cock wouldnt pair to other hens and then the hen returning...................
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:23 pm

i thought he was crossed with a hawk at 1 time he scalped 1 hen
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:45 pm

i had one this yeaqr who scalped his hen, after a day or so tho it didnt look too bad and is hardly recognisable now............you do sometimes get this with cocks which are aggressive so its always best to put somethiing in the nestbox for the hen to get out of the way if need be......

should have taken my own advise too eh......... lol!
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:19 pm

so is six months a long time for a pigeon to get home then
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:21 pm

wraggydoll2008 wrote:
not if it walked lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

just depends wraqggydoll, what sort of condition was she in when she came home...? if she was living rough she could have been flying hundreds of miles all aroubnd the country for the last 6 months, or maybe someone had her in their loft....???
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

nice 1
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:23 pm

oldstrain wrote:
wraggydoll2008 wrote:
not if it walked lol!

No No lol!
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:26 pm

she ad dryed mud on her ring thats all feathers nice wottle white
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 pm

quite possible she has been in somewhere by the sounds of it to me wraggydoll, if her condition was good but just mud on her ring it could mean she stopped for a drink on the way home............

i had a hen missing for 5 weeks durig racing who had been living rough, she was in a pretty poor state by the time she got back home, and this was in the summer.....
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:32 pm

been down for a drink then somewhere
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:36 pm

i had one come back after 6 weeks with a grubby chest and muddy feet but dont think it went in anywhere and will give her another chance Smile
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:37 pm

david do u no any flyers in morley
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:37 pm

yes this is what im thinking darren, sounds like someone has had her in their loft and either let he out or shes escaped, and stopped for water on the way home.....
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:39 pm

david do u no any flyers from morley
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:40 pm

DAVID wrote:
yes this is what im thinking darren, sounds like someone has had her in their loft and either let he out or shes escaped, and stopped for water on the way home.....
yes seems that way mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:43 pm

HI WRAGGYDOLL, NOT REALLY BUT MIGHT RECOGNISE THE ODD NAME OR TWO if they are top flyers. like you do......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wraggy
Hatchling
Hatchling
wraggy

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:54 pm

i think his name was jackson i got a strag in years ago this bird turned out to be a grate racer for my mate wen a kepted allsorts
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:00 pm

i do know a flyer called jackson, im not sure if he lives in morley but i thinks its somewhere over that side of leeds...........hes and older man but he has been the top flyer in his club for years and years, ive had some good info and advise from him over the last year or so but dont see him now because the pigeon supply shop he worked in has closed down now....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love at first site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love at first site   Love at first site Empty

Back to top Go down

Love at first site
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next