Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) LETS HAVE LAUGH. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 68 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.LETS HAVE LAUGH. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Vote_lcapLETS HAVE LAUGH. Voting_barLETS HAVE LAUGH. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
LETS HAVE LAUGH. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

LETS HAVE LAUGH.

Go down 
+5
oldstrain
halcanada80
Knackered
David
MISTY
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 2:07 pm

With regard to having a few things to occupy and lift our spirits up a bit.

We could get a fancier to pick a subject relative to our sport, take it in turns to pick a subject and write a poem on that subject.

Funny, serious but not ??????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 6:53 pm

No one seems interested so I will have a go.

FORMOTION

Barnie likes a very nice loft
Irrespective of the cost
David takes a different line
But everything v works out fine
Peel Bos like plenty to race
But are rarely off the pace
Don Webb has little to say
But that is just his way
Redrog has some funny views
But that is hardly recent news
Daz is retired the same as me
And we often see eye to eye you see
Hal has seen far better days
And is obviously set in his ways
Knackered is a bit like me
Well past it as you can see
Oldstrain and Alfie are not forgotten, it is their like on whom the sport
depends.
It is a great pity that the idiots who have ruined it cannot make amends.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 8:15 pm

MISTY wrote:

FORMOTION

Irrespective of the cost
        But are rarely off  the pace
        But that is just his way
        depends.
        It is a great pity that the  idiots who have ruined it cannot make amends.  

hay, that was fantastic misty, i reckon this should be the forum slogan / motto , excellent , plenty of thought gone into this one .......thanks for sharing misty, really cheered me up that did . cheers cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:07 am

David wrote:
MISTY wrote:

FORMOTION

Irrespective of the cost
        But are rarely off  the pace
        But that is just his way
        depends.
        It is a great pity that the  idiots who have ruined it cannot make amends.  

hay, that was fantastic misty, i reckon this should be the forum slogan / motto , excellent , plenty of thought gone into this one .......thanks for sharing misty, really cheered me up that did . cheers cheers flower
Absolutely brilliant etc I say David Very Happy Very Happy correct in every detail I suggest, bar one thou I'm  affraid  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! as truth be told bounce bounce I'm actually a secret Chinese spy type here, in my middle twenties, bald like a skin head type, live in Wuhan Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & enjoy shopping down at my local market as such Wink Wink for all the specials of the day there. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:16 am

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 10:52 am

thats excellent misty ....one of the best posts i have seen on the forum ever cheers great topic ,will see if the pirat pirat pair can come up with something
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:02 pm

yeah half decent that pal, you missed your vocation, Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 pm

'Thank you for the kind remarks'

The idea was to get you all involved
So that maybe our problems could be solved
Humour can often lift our spirits
And not those that are now off limits
So come on lads and lasses all
And answer this plaintive call.

And God bless you all.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:20 pm

I am not available right now, but Thank you for caring enough to call. I am making some changes in my life.
Please leave a message after the Beep. If I do not return your call, You are one of the changes."

Man comes home, finds his wife with his friend in bed. He shoots his friend and kills him.

Wife says "If you behave like this, you will lose ALL your friends!"

A small Boy wrote to Santa Claus," send me a brother."

Santa wrote back, "SEND ME YOUR MOTHER.."

What is the definition of Mistress?

Someone between the Mister and Mattress.

Husband asks, "Do you know the meaning of WIFE??*

"Without Information Fighting Everytime"

Wife replies, "No, It means, "With Idiot For Ever" !"*

A woman asks man who is travelling with six children,

"Are all these kids yours?"*

The man replies, "No, I work in a condom factory and these are customer complaints".

A young boy asks his Dad, "What is the difference between confident and confidential?"*

Dad says, "You are my son, I'm confident about that. Your friend over there, is also my son, that's confidential."

Nominated as the best short joke this year...

A three-year-old boy was examining his testicles while taking a bath.

Mom" he asked, "are these my brains?" "Not yet," she replied.

Paddy had long heard the stories of an amazing family tradition.
It seems that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all been able to walk on water on their 18th birthday.
On that special day, they'd each walked across the lake to the pub on the far side for their first legal drink.
So when Paddy's 18th birthday came 'round, he and his pal Mick, took a boat out to the middle of the lake, Paddy, stepped out of the boat ...and nearly drowned!
Mick just barely managed to pull him to safety.

Furious and confused, Paddy went to see his grandmother.
'Granny,' he asked, "It's me 18th birthday, so why can't I walk 'cross the lake like me fa, his fa, and his fa before him?"
Granny looked deeply into Paddy's, troubled brown eyes and said, "Because your fa, your grandfa and your great grandfa were all born in December, when the lake is frozen, and you were born in August, ya dip shit".
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Read on another site. Thought it quite good.

It is with great sadness that I have to mention the loss of a few local businesses.
A local Bra Shop has gone bust.
A Mining Company has gone under.
A manufacturer of food blenders has gone into liquidation.
A Dog Kennels has had to call in the retrievers.
An origami book company has folded.
An Ariel Installation company has called in the receivers.
A Key Company has gone into lockdown.
A Watch Smith has wound down and called time.
An Iceland store has had its assets frozen.
A Shoe Factory has been soled and employees given the boot.
The Heinz factory has been canned as they couldn't ketchup with orders.
The tarmac company has reached the end of the road.
The bread company has run out of dough.
The laundrette has been taken to the cleaners.
And finally the AA Recovery Service are on their way to a breakdown.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 10:21 pm

Daz wrote:
Read on another site. Thought it quite good.

It is with great sadness that I have to mention the loss of a few local businesses.
A local Bra Shop has gone bust.
A Mining Company has gone under.
A manufacturer of food blenders has gone into liquidation.
A Dog Kennels has had to call in the retrievers.
An origami book company has folded.
An Ariel Installation company has called in the receivers.
A Key Company has gone into lockdown.
A Watch Smith has wound down and called time.
An Iceland store has had its assets frozen.
A Shoe Factory has been soled and employees given the boot.
The Heinz factory has been canned as they couldn't ketchup with orders.
The tarmac company has reached the end of the road.
The bread company has run out of dough.
The laundrette has been taken to the cleaners.
And finally the AA Recovery Service are on their way to a breakdown.
Very Happy Very Happy not working for me lol! lol! lol! I'm affraid etc Daz Smile Smile as sadly, I require a few more of the same as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as I'm a bit thick in the head down here lol! lol! in what your attempting to imply Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 8:06 am

Come on lads and lasses.

Every fancier has a story to tell.

Does not have to rhyme.

How about the event that gave you the most pleasure during your time in the sport.

For myself I always tried to have every pigeon in the loft gain a card of some kind, showing or racing.

Not always a winner but a card.

I had a gay pied cock with the looks of a champion but was no good in the show pen as he had bull eyes (frowned on by judges).

Always beaten by loft mates racing, was going to give up hope.

It was a time when you could see batches going over in their hundreds, if not thousands.

Then one Saturday my hopes and faith were rewarded.

There was a very large batch going over, (can see it today) and a pigeon broke away, came weaving and diving from a great height, it was the pied cock and he won the race.

My best memory.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 11:58 am

MISTY wrote:
Come on lads and lasses.

Every fancier has a story to tell.

Does not have to rhyme.

How about the event that gave you the most pleasure during your time in the sport.

For myself I always tried to have every pigeon  in the loft gain a card of some kind, showing or racing.

Not always a winner but a card.

I had a  gay pied cock with the looks of a champion but was no good in the show pen as he had bull eyes (frowned on by judges).

Always beaten by loft mates racing, was going to give up hope.

It was a time when you could see batches going over in their hundreds, if not thousands.

Then one Saturday my hopes and faith were rewarded.

There was a very large batch going over, (can see it today) and a pigeon broke away, came weaving and diving from a great height, it was the pied cock and he won the race.

My best memory.

Regards.

My bit for the cause Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes a story I've had repeated to me over & over for near on 40 odd years by my other half here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad. Starts one cold wet rainy miserable type day, that cold it was snowing in the near by hills. My boy decided thou Smile Smile it was the day to go & watch his favourite football side play, called Essendon who were playing at a ground called Waverley park near home here. A sh*te hole type place on a good day, but be there when it's near snowing was sheer torture to sit & watch a game of football outside etc because of the wind chill factor which was as real killer there. Game come & went, my boy was happy as his side won Very Happy Very Happy & when we arrived home after dark & not expecting all that much bounce bounce I asked my other half how we all went in the race from 300 odd miles while we were at the football, which by the way Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes was the first race she had ever clocked a pigeon in her life time & the answer I got Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes believe it or not, was we won lol! lol! lol! what, we won the Club. No Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I won the Fed for you Very Happy Very Happy & B/E ( the icon) was 2nd Fed also would you believe etc bounce bounce. Now, other half here  Wink  Wink since that day I'm affraid has been the expert on all matters pigeon related in her own mind & I've never been allowed  lol!  lol!  lol! to forget what she did on that day as such in a pigeon sense Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 12:22 pm

Very good,! Who,'s next?
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 12:41 pm

My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30 am this morning. Can you believe that – 2:30 am?! Luckily for him I was still up playing my bagpipes.....

The Grim Reaper came for me last night, and I beat him off with a vacuum cleaner - talk about Dyson with death.
Did you hear about the fat alcoholic transvestite? All he wanted to do was eat, drink and be Mary.
Man calls 999 and says, "I think my wife is dead" The operator says, "How do you know?" He says, "The sex is the same, but the ironing is building up!"
I've just had a letter back from Screwfix. They said they regretted to inform me that they're not actually a dating agency.
Spent £40 on Ebay last week for a penis enlarger. Just opened it and some swine sent me a magnifying glass!
I saw a poor old lady fall over today on the ice!! At least I presume she was poor - she only had £1.20 in her purse.
My girlfriend thinks that I'm a stalker. Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet...
What's the difference between Iron Man and Iron Woman? One's a superhero and the other is an instruction.
Went for my routine check up today and everything seemed to be going fine until he stuck his index finger up my arse! Do you think I should change dentists?
I was explaining to my wife last night that when you die, you get reincarnated but must come back as a different creature. She said, "I would like to come back as a cow." … I said, "You're obviously not listening..."
Doctors have just identified a food that can cause grief and suffering years after it's been eaten. It's called a wedding cake.
The wife has been missing a week now. Police said to prepare for the worst. So I have been to the charity shop to get all her clothes back.
Hi mate I don't want you to panic but I'm texting you from the casualty ward. It turns out the new Dyson Ball Cleaner isn’t what I thought it was.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 1:26 am

Daz wrote:
My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30 am this morning. Can you believe that – 2:30 am?! Luckily for him I was still up playing my bagpipes.....

The Grim Reaper came for me last night, and I beat him off with a vacuum cleaner - talk about Dyson with death.
Did you hear about the fat alcoholic transvestite? All he wanted to do was eat, drink and be Mary.
Man calls 999 and says, "I think my wife is dead" The operator says, "How do you know?" He says, "The sex is the same, but the ironing is building up!"
I've just had a letter back from Screwfix. They said they regretted to inform me that they're not actually a dating agency.
Spent £40 on Ebay last week for a penis enlarger. Just opened it and some swine sent me a magnifying glass!
I saw a poor old lady fall over today on the ice!! At least I presume she was poor - she only had £1.20 in her purse.
My girlfriend thinks that I'm a stalker. Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet...
What's the difference between Iron Man and Iron Woman? One's a superhero and the other is an instruction.
Went for my routine check up today and everything seemed to be going fine until he stuck his index finger up my arse! Do you think I should change dentists?
I was explaining to my wife last night that when you die, you get reincarnated but must come back as a different creature. She said, "I would like to come back as a cow."  … I said, "You're obviously not listening..."
Doctors have just identified a food that can cause grief and suffering years after it's been eaten. It's called a wedding cake.
The wife has been missing a week now. Police said to prepare for the worst. So I have been to the charity shop to get all her clothes back.
Hi mate I don't want you to panic but I'm texting you from the casualty ward. It turns out the new Dyson Ball Cleaner isn’t what I thought it was.
lol! lol! lol! Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Come on lads and lasses you must have at least one outstanding event in your time in the sport.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 4:33 pm

MISTY wrote:
Come on lads and lasses you must have at least one outstanding event in your time in the sport.

Regards.

i clocked in once ........... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 5:58 pm

You must have been over the moon David.

Are you sure it was in the right race and not the previous one.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 10:22 pm

probably was misty, i wondered why the rubber was a different colour to everyone elses ....... Razz Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 12:15 am

David wrote:
probably was misty, i wondered why the rubber was a different colour to everyone elses ....... Razz Razz lol!
lol! lol! lol! & you sell pigeons there apparently David Very Happy Very Happy. Reminds me of a favourite pigeon of mine Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I lost & then got home from a 20 mile toss etc Smile Smile 18 months after the first batch. None of that yards per minute thing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! it was minutes per yard lol! lol! it went that slow  Very Happy  Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 8:20 am

You can laugh about rubbers but when you drop one amongst deep litter, have two races on the same day using two different clocks and you eventually locate the rubber and forget through frustration which clock is which ????????.

OH HAPPY DAYS.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 12:58 am

MISTY wrote:
You can laugh about rubbers but when you drop one amongst deep litter, have two races on the same day using two different clocks and you eventually locate the rubber and forget through frustration which clock is which ????????.

OH HAPPY DAYS.

Regards.  
You want to lol! lol! lol! just watch an old fella with the shakes etc Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad try & put a rubber in a thimble on race day & then put the 2 pieces together to then go in a clock as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Out do Billy Connelly every day of the week for the laugh factor Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:27 am

We have some experienced fanciers on site who must have enjoyed many different experiences both funny and not so funny.

Would liven things up a bit if they would compete a bit for the most laughable or cry able ones.

But then Knackered ??????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:55 am

This is my contribution, 100% true.......

Must be 20+ years ago and the pigeons got a problem with depluming mite leaving them with bald patches on their crops, looked awful.
I was told about a creame from chemist to sort it in a few days, so when my wife was out shopping I just wrote down the name (escapes me now) on her shopping list and asked her to call in and get a tube.
When she returned she says, "there's your creame, you'll never guess who served me? Shirley from 2 doors down, her lad in same school class as ours, she's working in the chemist part time now".

Oh dear! Embarassed Even now all these years later my wife still doesn't know the creame was for crabs, pubic lice.

Cleared the birds up in a crack though Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LETS HAVE LAUGH.   LETS HAVE LAUGH. Empty

Back to top Go down

LETS HAVE LAUGH.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next