Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
a good night out Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
a good night out Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
a good night out Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
a good night out Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
a good night out Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
a good night out Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
a good night out Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
a good night out Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
a good night out Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) a good night out 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 89 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.a good night out Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
a good night out Vote_lcapa good night out Voting_bara good night out Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
a good night out Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
a good night out Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

a good night out

Go down 
+2
David
oldstrain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 11:19 am

we only have 12 ybs this year and 2 in the nest that i let hatch from a cock that was borrowed to me for this season and he has been paired to a second hen ...the 12 ybs are doing ok but for some reason this year i have more nighting out than ever ,7 of the 12 have had a night out Shocked no repeat offenders though ,it just seems strange they totally dissapear not to be seen until they return very hungry and light ...not really bothered about it as what will be will be but just seems odd compaired to any other year ,maybe its all the action in the gardens ...how are other members ybs coming on
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 11:54 am

my 4 went with walkers this morning, and just got another 4 to go in a week or two......thats it then, im separating the cocks and hens.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 12:57 pm

I know a few fanciers who like a GOOD NIGHT OUT down at the Old Bull and Bush,
perhaps the pigeons have caught on.

On a slightly more serious note, they probably were too fit and outflew the distance they were capable of on that day and had to rest, probably done them the world of good.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Sun, rain and sometimes in the snow they will fly. Night out ybs are usually due to winged predators. But no damage from them this year, so far.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:09 pm

Should have been capable of and returning, think Hal could have a point there a cause of doing so raptors.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:29 pm

How is things in your neck of the woods barnie ????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 2:48 pm

MISTY wrote:

Regards.

Not so bad thanks, weather has taken a turn for the worse so I did intend having more work done on my loft but that hasn't happened. Last 4 days has been bitter cold with rain sleet, hail and early morning frost and even snow. Some plants got frosted in the garden. But it's the cutting north east wind that's spoiling things, I just got my opening window frames about half made and run out of decent timber so I came in to get warmed up.
Some of these youngsters weren't thriving the way they should so they're gone now, made my mind up when I started up again, no messing about with pigeons not 100% healthy because they just let you down later anyway.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 4:19 pm

The weather same as everything else is upside down barnie.

Sorry about the youngsters not thriving as wanted, however, most of the problems with present day pigeons is that fanciers have not taken the same action as you are doing, just treated and treated and you end up with nearly all the pigeons needing treatment.

A few healthy better than a loft full kept alive by medication.

Lets hope the others get a chance to shine.

The pigeons will not bother about the loft not being finished barnie, and it will give you work for another day.

As for the weather and the plants, tell me anything that is normal at the present time.

Will keep an interested eye on how things go and the best of luck.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptyWed May 13, 2020 8:34 pm

Sunbathing. Swallows back!!
a good night out 000_1332
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out EmptySat May 16, 2020 2:59 am

barnie wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.

Not so bad thanks, weather has taken a turn for the worse so I did intend having more work done on my loft but that hasn't happened. Last 4 days has been bitter cold with rain sleet, hail and early morning frost and even snow. Some plants got frosted in the garden. But it's the cutting north east wind that's spoiling things, I just got my opening window frames about half made and run out of decent timber so I came in to get warmed up.
Some of these youngsters weren't thriving the way they should so they're gone now, made my mind up when I started up again, no messing about with pigeons not 100% healthy because they just let you down later anyway.
Be nice to think etc Barnie Smile Smile all those bred to race were up to scratch as such bounce bounce but real life is some what different to that at times I suggest Wink Wink. You talk about your cutting north east wind you have there Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  for me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes its a south type wind coming up from the Antarctic type area, which has a freezing type aspect about it come race day here. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a good night out Empty
PostSubject: Re: a good night out   a good night out Empty

Back to top Go down

a good night out
Page 1 of 1