Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
My new racing pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
My new racing pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
My new racing pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
My new racing pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
My new racing pigeons Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
My new racing pigeons Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
My new racing pigeons Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
My new racing pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
My new racing pigeons Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) My new racing pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 85 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 85 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.My new racing pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
My new racing pigeons Vote_lcapMy new racing pigeons Voting_barMy new racing pigeons Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
My new racing pigeons Vote_lcapMy new racing pigeons Voting_barMy new racing pigeons Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
My new racing pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
My new racing pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

My new racing pigeons

Go down 
+6
halcanada81
Don Webb
MISTY
peel bros
Knackered
Mike
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

My new racing pigeons Empty
PostSubject: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 12:16 am

Hi everyone! just thought I would check in with you all. Breeding went OK for my first time. I got 20 White racers and 3 young that were a cross of my blue bar hen and a white cock. It was fun but I'm glad it is over. Now I have 25 real racing pigeons that I just bought. I attached a link to my youtube video if you would like to see them. They are Huyskens van riel and Jennesens. no older than 8 weeks old right now. I hope everyone is doing great cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 12:53 am

paloma blanca wrote:
Hi everyone! just thought I would check in with you all. Breeding went OK for my first time. I got 20 White racers and 3 young that were a cross of my blue bar hen and a white cock. It was fun but I'm glad it is over. Now I have 25 real racing pigeons that I just bought. I attached a link to my youtube video if you would like to see them. They are Huyskens van riel and Jennesens. no older than 8 weeks old right now. I hope everyone is doing great cheers  
Interesting little watch etc Paloma Smile Smile again & it's nice to see you back on board here & so for me. All looking good Wink Wink as one could say Very Happy Very Happy & I will look forward here as too how things will play out down the track when put them up against your whites. Credit to you also for choosing what you decided on bounce bounce & credit to the breeder also from me, as I'm rather impressed on average with the quality he sent your way to just try out in your own way there when the time comes around. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 2:58 am

Knackered wrote:

Interesting little watch etc Paloma Smile Smile again & it's nice to see you back on board here & so for me. All looking good Wink Wink as one could say Very Happy Very Happy & I will look forward here as too how things will play out down the track when put them up against your whites. Credit to you also for choosing what you decided on bounce bounce & credit to the breeder also from me, as I'm rather impressed on average with the quality he sent your way to just try out in your own way there when the time comes around. cheers & take care.
Thanks for watching, I think they are real nice too. I am afraid to fly them though because if something goes wrong I won't have anything to breed and all is for nothing! My whites got attached twice today and were up for 2 hours! I will have to see how it goes. Good to hear from you too.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 7:50 am

Very nice ybs them . Goodluck with them
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 7:57 am

If you do not try them out you will not know what you have.

If you only finish with a few good ones better than a loft full of the unknown.

Matters not the origin of the birds, all have good bad and indifferent, the only way of sorting them out is down the road.

They look well and all the best with them.

What is the situation regarding the virus ?.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 10:54 am

Nice team of youngsters

Interesting you tube film to watch

All the best with them
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 6:23 pm

MISTY wrote:

Matters not the origin of the birds, all have good bad and indifferent, the only way of sorting them out is down the road.

Regards.
Thanks Misty, and the Virus is getting worse because our country is trying to reopen and it has caused a spike in new cases unfortunately. Hoping for a vaccine sooner rather than later. I hope it's not bad where you are.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Nice team of youngsters

Interesting you tube film to watch

All the best with them
Thank you - I think they will do great!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 6:27 pm

peel bros wrote:
Thank you
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 8:04 pm

Very interesting set up for the young birds, never seen it's like before, will be very interested to see how things go, if you do not try new things matters stagnate.

The virus here is problematic at the moment, the restrictions have eased but the idiots are attempting to ruin everything by ignoring all sensible precautions.

Just hope things work out at your end.

All the best.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 2:18 am

paloma blanca wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.
Thanks Misty, and the Virus is getting worse because our country is trying to reopen and it has caused a spike in new cases unfortunately. Hoping for a vaccine sooner rather than later. I hope it's not bad where you are.
Same down here etc White Dove Smile Smile unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes causing all sorts of problems/issues as such. One of our worst places down here at the moment Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad is a high rise government ghetto slum  bounce  bounce that many call home for comfort on a good day. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 5:42 pm

paloma blanca wrote:
peel bros wrote:
Thank you
Hi Mike Very Happy Very Happy just spotted you popped in here recently etc bounce bounce hope your well as such Very Happy Very Happy & those little champs of yours are still giving you that enjoyment factor Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Nice looking birds. My whites will go to one loft race this year. Others to be raced by other folks. 7 pairs go out for free this weekend. Cutting down to 10 pair. Enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 2:03 am

Knackered wrote:
paloma blanca wrote:
peel bros wrote:
Thank you
Hi Mike Very Happy Very Happy just spotted you popped in here recently etc bounce bounce hope your well as such Very Happy Very Happy & those little champs of yours are still giving you that enjoyment factor Wink Wink.  cheers
I get so much enjoyment from them everyday it should be illegal. Have any of you heard of roger mortvedt pure white racing pigeons? I am getting 2 breeding pair monday and I plan on training the young with the young bird team for next falls races!
Well anyway I have over 90 pigeons now and it's time to start weeding out I imagine. They breed like mice but they are my buddies.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 7:37 am

hi mike, glad it's all going well for you. I take it you joined a racing club? good luck and best wishes pal
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 7:40 am

glad to hear yer enjoying yer pigeons mike they get under yer skin for sure
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 7:51 am

Good to see you are enthusiastic, pity matters are not better all round it is a difficult time for all.

How is the prospect of racing in your kneck of the woods ?.

Pigeons looking well, if they fly as well as they look NO PROBLEM.

Hope everything goes well and keep us up to date.

All the best.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 8:49 am

They all look in great shape Mike, loved the video, looks lovely in your garden with all those trees. The birds all look very happy
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 9:02 am

In that type of loft Mike, how do you go about catching one to look at. You don’t get many racing pigeon lofts like that in the UK, over here they are all walk in Lofts.
I’ve seen a lot of fancy breeds like fantails tiplers and rollers kept in similar smaller Lofts over here of that type, they call them kit boxes, there’s plenty of air in your style loft and that’s the main thing to keep them healthy.
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 1:39 pm

Original white hen banded by Spiegel in the US. Delbar, parents probably from imports from Rick Mardis.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Boosey wrote:
In that type of loft Mike, how do you go about catching one to look at. You don’t get many racing pigeon lofts like that in the UK, over here they are all walk in Lofts.
I’ve seen a lot of fancy breeds like fantails tiplers and rollers kept in similar smaller Lofts over here of that type, they call them kit boxes, there’s plenty of air in your style loft and that’s the main thing to keep them healthy.

In the beginning of this video It shows how I gather up the birds for inspection and tosses. Thanks for the question my friend.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 3:51 pm

MISTY wrote:
Good to see you are enthusiastic, pity matters are not better all round it is a difficult time for all.

How is the prospect of racing in your kneck of the woods ?.

Pigeons looking well, if they fly as well as they look NO PROBLEM.

Hope everything goes well and keep us up to  date.

All the best.

Regards.
Things where I am are fine and all the clubs are racing. I was a little late starting so I didn't race this year which is good because I learned a lot about so many different aspects of pigeons and overall how to train them. Stay safe!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 3:53 pm

oldstrain wrote:
glad to hear yer enjoying yer pigeons mike they get under yer skin for sure
I wasn't prepared for that when I started a year ago. They have changed everything for me! I always have something enjoyable to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Chipping
Chipping
Mike

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 4:01 pm

barnie wrote:
hi mike, glad it's all going well for you. I take it you joined a racing club? good luck and best wishes pal
Hey Colin, Things are going well - I saw your loft and it turned out great. Really nice job my friend. I will be joining the club the first of the year. For now I have been talking with the race club secretary and I get the feed from them now. Only problem is the club is over an hour one way but I guess it could be worse! I hope everything is going well for you- did you do any racing?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 pm

paloma blanca wrote:
Knackered wrote:
paloma blanca wrote:
peel bros wrote:
Thank you
I get so much enjoyment from them everyday it should be illegal. Have any of you heard of roger mortvedt pure white racing pigeons? I am getting 2 breeding pair monday and I plan on training the young with the young bird team for next falls races!
Well anyway I have over 90 pigeons now and it's time to start weeding out I imagine. They breed like mice but they are my buddies.
Great to see Mick Smile Smile your still living the dream etc as they say Very Happy Very Happy 90 odd birds bounce bounce we could call you Mr Peel 2 here lol! lol! lol! maybe, with those type of numbers Wink Wink but then not a bad thing I suggest when considering how your racing appears to be there compared to normal type folk as such. Now, great little video as posted, thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes suggest maybe just be wary of those red type Meulemans to a degree if thinking long distance bounce bounce as down here they never quite cut the mustard in that area of racing I'm affraid. cheers & take care Very Happy Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new racing pigeons   My new racing pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

My new racing pigeons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next