Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:06 am

» come join us
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Weather today
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:45 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Vote_lcap11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Voting_bar11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Vote_rcap 
David
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Vote_lcap11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Voting_bar11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222847 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.

Go down 
+2
MISTY
PjthePigeon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Empty
PostSubject: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi I’m new to this website and I apologize if I’m not in the right page for seeking help.

I have a 11 weeks old  pigeon that I had since four days old.
Last week on Sunday she took off with a flock of feral neighbourhood pigeons from 3 PM till 845pm she came back.  She seemed fine she came in the house like normal. That night I treated her with dewormer.
This morning at 8 AM she is usually on her window perch and suddenly wanted to go outside I let her on the porch I was just watching her she seemed really interested looking upwards towards the sky then she took off. I saw her and the same Neighbourhood Pigeons circling around the house then disappeared I figured she was with them.
Within minutes the flock came to feed at the end of my driveway and I did not see my PJ.

I’m hoping she would come home before dark. This will be her second time flying off.

My question is what would your suggestion be should I get her a mate? At least there is two of them together or do you think PJ would integrate with the neighbourhood flock.

Side note:
Yesterday we were at a beach river all day, I am as she stay close by and then fly off. mind you we only live 20 minutes from that location

To better understand what PJs life is I have a lot of videos of PJs day to day life and adventures.

YouTube: Pj and Joji.   lol!
Thanks so much for everybody’s time.

Last edited by PjthePigeon on Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Title too long)
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 2:48 pm

If it is a she, if you are not a pigeon fancier it may be hard to tell, there is no need to worry about a mate at this point, if the pigeon comes back is the time to decide what to do.

Are you actually interested in keeping racing pigeons or pets?.

If not then just treat it like any other pet, feed it and entertain it.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Cant really tell if its a she yet. She does want me to feed her then gets low with her butt up. I only have one Pigeon I keep as a Pet.
For the time being I’ll just be patient and in hopes of her return before sundown.
Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 3:34 pm

being an "only child" so to speak, she may want the company of other pigeons, its only natural that she does i reckon ........i would not worry too much, she may just come and go to suit her self, just keep feeding her and making sure she is safe .
Back to top Go down
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 3:58 pm

David,

You might be right. As soon as PJ was able to walk on her she would go on daily neighbourhood walks with my dog. And quite often the neighbourhood pigeons, the cocks Would come around her. She has been watching them every day.
I guess it surprised me when I only saw the flock but not Pj.
All I Gotta do is hope she comes back before night and if this is going to happen all the time hopefully this feeling of me worrying decreases.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 4:28 pm

as far as i can tell, she is whats called a grizzle , (her colour and markings )

you dont tend to see many feral grizzles ive found........usually blues and chequers and the odd red .
Back to top Go down
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Yes. Lately the neighborhood flock has grown from 6 original to now doubled. I also see some fledglings. One in particular has unique colouring. Like a fancy pigeon would.
But the rest is the similar blue bar feral looking.

I wasn’t sure what her colourings called but Grizzle. Thx 😊
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Welcome fellow Canadian. I have whites and grizzles plus reds and oher colours.
I live South of London shores of Lake Erie. There is a 1 loft race up your way.
Oscar Devries runs it. Very interesting. https://www.dutchtoucholr.com/
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 6:43 pm

There you go could not have better advice than from Hal, also he has some very good pigeons, just play your cards right and Bingo.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 6:58 pm

PJs return

From 8am till 1:53pm she’s went flying.

She was on the Porch perch. Just in time before the storm supposed to roll In over here in Ontario. No I know that this will be her regular occurrence.  

Thanks for everybody’s review and replies.

Much appreciate.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Good result, be hard to lose now wiill not need a mate thinks more of you.

Just keep well fed and you will have no problem, and much enjoyment.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 9:05 pm

Thank you Misty for all the replies and comforting words during the few hours of panic. Yes I will continue to give her all the love she deserves.

She’s is tired and just napping on her window perch.

Happy she came home in one piece.

11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  <a href=11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  7a039510" />
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 9:21 pm

living the life of luxury by the looks of it .........i doubt she will leave home Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 9:48 pm

Lol yes yes. It’s the ON THE WAY HOME part. Anything can happen. But yes another day with Pj is a blessing.
Take Care Dave cheers 🍻
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 9:57 pm

your dog and pigeon both look very happy together, the best of friends.... Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Lol they get along for most part. As long as Joji my dog doesn’t come around her when she’s eating or when I’m near. Good thing she does a coo sound and puffs up before the Bite and occasionally wing slap. I read on some forums it’s the Terrible teen stage I hope she grows out of it soon.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 10:11 pm

pj looks well cared for and spoilt rotten
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 am

oldstrain wrote:
pj looks well cared for and spoilt rotten
Would agree on that one etc O/S Smile Smile One lucky stray I suggest Very Happy Very Happy. Great looking Avatar also Very Happy Very Happy if only Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes humans, could some how act in the same type manner Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 7:38 am

both friends posing nicely for the camera ......... cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 7:54 am

Such pictures make the heart jump for joy amongst so much that makes one want to cry in the world today.

Cannot see your featherd friend ever wanting to leave, a joy to behold.

Your four legged friend seems pretty contented too.

Could do with far more concerned people in the world today.

Keep well.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
PjthePigeon
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
PjthePigeon

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  EmptyMon Jul 20, 2020 2:24 pm

Thank you Knackered and Misty for your kind words.

If you guys want to see more of their cuteness.
I uploaded a lot of videos of their adventures.

Search on YouTube:

Pj and Joji

Or I posted a video link on the first post of this discussion.

Thanks again !!!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.    11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.  Empty

Back to top Go down

11 Weeks Old Pigeon Flew off.
Page 1 of 1