Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Weather today
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
nearly finished - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) nearly finished - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.nearly finished - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
nearly finished - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
nearly finished - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
nearly finished - Page 2 Vote_lcapnearly finished - Page 2 Voting_barnearly finished - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
nearly finished - Page 2 Vote_lcapnearly finished - Page 2 Voting_barnearly finished - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

nearly finished

Go down 
+4
halcanada81
MISTY
redrog
oldstrain
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

nearly finished - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Had a long debate regarding hours of darkness Daz with a retired Naval Captain many years ago through the BHW.

Showed several examples why it was a ridiculous method.

In the end I resorted to Algebra.

Instead of deducting the hours of darkness from the long flyers add the hours of darkness to the short flyers.

The hours of darkness was supposed to be to give the pigeons that could not make it on the day because of the distance inolved. an allowance.

So in fact no pigeon that flew less than the longest timed pigeon should receive the allowance it was just not good enough to make it on the day.

Had a good old ding dong with Capt Cutcliffe.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 8:02 pm

MISTY wrote:
Had a long debate regarding hours of darkness Daz with a retired Naval Captain many years ago through the BHW.

Showed several examples why it was  a ridiculous method.

In the end I resorted to Algebra.

Instead of deducting the hours of darkness from the long flyers add the hours of darkness to the short flyers.

The hours of darkness was  supposed to be to give the pigeons that could not make it on the day because of the distance inolved. an allowance.

So in fact no pigeon that flew less than the longest timed pigeon should receive the allowance it was just not good enough to make it on the day.

Had a good old ding dong with Capt Cutcliffe.

Regards.

Sceptical about any hours of darkness system being correct/perfect come race day etc I'm  affraid & especially when one has large distances between those racing against one another & then night falls as such. Seen thousands of birds clocked down here homing by the moon & stars in my time over the years & just because the sun goes down it doesn't necessarily mean good birds stop flying. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 9:49 pm

The fact is Knackered, if there was any merit in the system used, you would get the same result adding the hours of darkness to the short flyers and using the actual time for the longer flyers not clocking on the night.

Gave several examples and our friend the Captain had no logicsl reply.

As you say I myself have had pigeons home in the dark.

There has been many examples of the stupidity of using this method including one of the most prestigious races where a fancier clocked on closing time and another fancier had a returnie before the next day opening time waited until the first second of the opening time and clocked his pigeon.

The fanciers distance was only yards more than the first fancier but he won the race.

Proving beyond doubt the method is faulty.

You only need one instance of that nature to dismiss the method s useless.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 7:20 pm

Midnight Express used to home in the dark. Clocking should be on birds arrival. Light or dark.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 pm

halcanada81 wrote:
Midnight Express used to home in the dark. Clocking should be on birds arrival. Light or dark.
Many ways of doing a final result etc Hal Smile Smile But I'm affraid I just couldn't come at that one bounce bounce when considering maybe night hours of flying in a race. Worst case scenario & the velocity's at times would be utterly ridiculous I suggest/suspect Wink Wink for the later arrivals on the result sheet. Now  Wink  Wink hard boat to row type of thing  bounce  bounce but one can actually fly your birds in the dark etc totally if time is short. Seen it in motion here by a few locals who actually had/have great success with it come race day. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 1:34 pm

As I once wrote in the BHW, our racing is like having a horse race, some having to run five furlongs, others seven and others one mile, all in the same race.

All set off together, those at five furlongs timed by an alarm clock, the seven furlongs by a stop watch and the mile by photo.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Agree Knackered. * hour down time imposed? Nah, never work.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 12:22 am

MISTY wrote:
The fact is Knackered, if  there was any merit in the system used, you would get the same result adding the hours  of darkness to the short flyers and using the actual time for the longer flyers not clocking on the night.

Gave several examples  and our friend the Captain had no logicsl reply.

As you say I myself have had pigeons home in the dark.

There has been many examples of the stupidity of using this method including one of the most prestigious races where a fancier clocked on closing time and another fancier had a returnie before the next day opening time waited until the first second of the opening time and clocked his pigeon.

The fanciers distance was only yards more than the first fancier but he won the race.

Proving beyond doubt the method is faulty.

You only need one instance of that nature to dismiss the method s useless.

Regards.

The facts are Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I've never seen a perfect system in place etc Misty Smile Smile when considering darkness hours coming into a final result as such. One thing I will say bounce bounce any pigeon here clocked on the day, can never be beating by one the next day & its also not out of the ordinary here at times, for birds to just hit the city lights on darkness & then fly right through to the bottom end, or further before resting for the night. End of the day thou Wink Wink the world isn't perfect Smile Smile I suggest, so could be a bit much somehow to expect pigeon racing to buck the general trend on average  Wink  Wink  maybe  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 11:57 am

True Knackered. Only one was for 40 years via King Solomon.

reed and power, and money dominate at 'Man's Power!

Ecclesiastes 4
4Again I turned my attention to all the acts of oppression that go on under the sun. I saw the tears of the oppressed, and there was no one to comfort them. And their oppressors had the power, and there was no one to comfort them. 2 And I congratulated the dead who had already died rather than the living who were still alive.3 And better off than both of them is the one who has not yet been born, who has not seen the distressing deeds that are done under the sun.
8: 9All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm.
As true today as it has ever been ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nearly finished   nearly finished - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

nearly finished
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2